Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Second team DT? I realize it's 'Bama that's a bit of a letdown from being the #1 overall recruit in his junior year, isn't it?

Well, it's more of a 1a/1b thing than a true 1st team/2nd team. Dalvin Tomlinson came in in the 2012 class and I give him the edge over Hand from the 2014 class, but some do think he'll "start".
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Bama's RB tandems under Saban:

2007: Terry Grant and Glen Coffee
      2008: Glen Coffee and Mark Ingram
      2009: Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson
      2010: Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson
      2011: Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacey
      2012: Eddie Lacey and TJ Yeldon
      2013: TJ Yeldon and Kenyan Drake
      2014: TJ Yeldon and Derrick Henry
      2015: Derrick Henry and Kenyan Drake

This year will be Bo Scarbrough and Damien Harris. Bo is a beast, and had a higher ypc than anyone last year, including Henry, but that was in very limited mop-up duty. And this is the first year that the chain is broken: the RB1 this year is not the RB1 or RB2 from the previous year. Tabula rasa.
      Without cheating, can anyone guess which of these backs (and which year) had the highest YPC?
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Never heard of any of them.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          Never heard of any of them.
          I was asking the guys.

Comment

• IT WAS KENYAN DRAKE IN 2013 WITH A 7.5 AVERAGE!!

Comment

• Who gives a shit

Comment

• Hmmmm...

Comment

• Is the SEC even going to get a team in the playoffs this year? I doubt it. Ohio State, Florida State, Oklahoma, and Clemson are my picks.

Comment

• Lol. No way in hell the ACC gets 2 and the SEC gets zero.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• OSU won't be in it.

Comment

• Clemson, Oklahoma, SEC champ (LSU) and M.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                          Clemson, Oklahoma, SEC champ (LSU) and M.
                          Good early season pick.

Let's see how it goes.

I can now add, as a result of AA's inclusion here, to my fuck list ....

Fuck Alabama and the cheating SEC.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If USC didn't play Bama (& Notre Dame), I might replace LSU with them.

Comment

• Winners win, bitches bitch.

But FSU and Clemson Won't happen.

SEC: Tennessee
                              ACC: Clemson
                              Pac12: Stanford
                              B1G: Ohio State
                              BigXIi: Oklahoma, but Texas will be much improved.

I have no idea who will get left out, so many non metric variables in a committee selection. Could be the SEC, there is definite "SEC Fatigue". Comes with the territory when you've won 8 of the last 10 NCs.

It's good to be hated.

Comment

• I've heard a lot of people say Tennessee. Are they really going to be that good this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X