Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And being relegated to 4th string while your brother was a phenom and a campus hero who just inked a top 5 contract in the NFL makes it even harder for him.

I really hope he does well at Maryland. He has talent. He just never quite put it together at Bama.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If you're behind The Big Mac Attack then you should probably transfer. I'm a little surprised he didn't go to M as HARBAUGH!!!! he is always trying to secure mediocre QB transfers to paper over his worse-than-mediocre QB recruiting. That said, Maryland may be more of an up and coming program than M these days.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Actually, Harbaugh's QB recruiting isn't really the problem. He's signed some pretty decent talent.

His taking on of retreads from other programs has been more problematic.

With the exception of Jake Rudock, Michigan has struck out with transfers from other programs.

Three actual recruits will fight it out for the starting job for whatever season is next.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          If you're behind The Big Mac Attack then you should probably transfer. I'm a little surprised he didn't go to M as HARBAUGH!!!! he is always trying to secure mediocre QB transfers to paper over his worse-than-mediocre QB recruiting. That said, Maryland may be more of an up and coming program than M these days.
          It’s not just Mac Jones. Bryce goes without saying, but also Coach Bryant’s grandson (Paul Tyson) is supposedly doing better. Throw in the shadow he is living under from Tua and it was just a matter of time.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            Actually, Harbaugh's QB recruiting isn't really the problem. He's signed some pretty decent talent.

His taking on of retreads from other programs has been more problematic.

With the exception of Jake Rudock, Michigan has struck out with transfers from other programs.

Three actual recruits will fight it out for the starting job for whatever season is next.
            While it's true, he's signed talent, his first non-transfer recruit was Dylan McCaffrey. He was unable to get past Patterson. There's no telling if that was due to his skill set or stupid coaching decisions at that position because Patterson was a bust as far as I'm concerned. There was talk that McCaffrey was going to play intermittently with Patterson during the 2019 season. Besides being a stupid coaching decision wherever that came from, that plan never materialized. Joe Milton is next - I wouldn't call him a game changing talent at QB. Cade McNamarra supposedly has talent but hasn't seen the field yet so, TBD.

So, the available evidence supports that Harbaugh has mostly shit on himself after having a rep of being the QB Whisperer. Moreover,I don't think you can properly separate transfers from recruits in any fair analysis of the QB position. All-in-all, Harbaugh's management of the QB situation at M has been a disaster.
            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 17, 2020, 11:24 AM.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• So you're saying if Harbaugh went out and signed Tua Part Deux there would be no difference?

I'll buy that.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Correct.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• his first non-transfer recruit was Dylan McCaffrey.
                  His first non-transfer recruit that will actually start at QB, assuming the season happens. Brandon Peters was a top 100 recruit that many M fans loved. Then HARBAUGH!!! coached him up.

And while he didn't recruit or sign Malzone, Malzone was still in HARBAUGH!!!!'s first class.

In any event, who am I to question the Quarterback Whisperer?

Comment

• So, the SEC still says we’re playing football. Any word from the BigTen? Because our first game with USC is in jeopardy. Y’all’s game with Oregon is in jeopardy.

You smell what The AA is cooking?

Comment

• Bama-Ohio State. Would. Be. Outstanding.

Comment

• Also, a friend of mine bought a USED bicycle for $3000 this weekend. THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS. USED.

jfc

Comment

• UAT-Ohio State would be fun. Not sure Coach Ryan Day could solve The Nick's uninjured defense. And I'm certain UAT's WRs would cause OSU's revamped secondary fits.

As for the bicycle, it depends on what he bought. Probably has value. But, yes, in principle you don't "need" a $3000 used bicycle. I think somewhere around $2500 you start to get into diminishing returns. Around $5000 you're completely maxed out in terms of value added unless you're a racer. Almost all of the stuff over $5K are benefits that only pros would feel. Me, I sit in the $3-4K new range. I like my electronic shifting and disc brakes.

As a related point, how much do nice golf clubs cost these days? I imagine you could blow a fuckton on a top of the line set that, TBH, doesn't do much for your handicap that a "solid" line wouldn't do.

The dudes I know with spectacular bikes are middle-aged with a shitton of disposable income and they love their bikes. Some guys like cars. Or golf clubs. Or whatever. Some spend $12,000 on a bike.

Comment

• This was some Italian bike. He thinks he stole it. STOLE IT FOR $3000 USED!

You can get a nice set of clubs for under $1000. Get them custom sized and cut. It’s worth it.

Comment

• $12,000 is a bit much for a Schwinn. Even if it has rad racing stripes.

Comment

• I read a Detroit News article this weekend about the M's MUS's and Wayne State's presidents talking about re-opening as it pertained to their campuses. None of them would commit to anything solid on that front.

From the BT Commissioner's Office the only thing coming out that I have read is that t's going to be 14 teams playing fall sports ..... implying none will play if there are hold outs as dictated by state's re-opening policies.

My take is this isn't going to be about Athletic Departments' wanting to get going and from blogs and forums I've read they do want to get going but rather what state's governors and the various boards within counties and cities will be authorizing.

The obstacles for contact sports are immense. I saw a discussion from the NCAA medical director talking about what I think he referred to as levels or some such term that would be determined by vulnerability and degree of exposure, For example, coaches have different degrees of exposure potential than players and older coaches are more vulnerable than younger one. Another question ...... can footballs transmit the disease? If so, do we change football between every play. Testing issues were also raised in this discussion. The consensus mentioned was that yes, it has to happen and happen often which imposes expenses on AD budgets already imperiled.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 18, 2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X