Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big house is consistently packed for EPL exhibitions.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      The big house is consistently packed for EPL exhibitions.
      True, but that's with teams like Real Madrid, Man U, etc. Teams that even somebody like me has heard of. And also, there are millions of kids playing soccer and lots of adults who played it as kids. Is there any youth football overseas? I could see an exhibition between two big name NFL teams filling up a stadium in Australia. But Cal vs. Hawaii? Is there enough interest in American football over there for people to show up for a game between a mediocre team and a terrible one?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I think the NCAA is a reflection of its members. You could change the organization but I think the same nonsense happens.
        Well you could say that about every politician, the police, and the judicial system, too.

I think the issue with the NCAA is that the people who can have an impact on the NCAA generally care nothing about its operations; that is, the average college president. There are no checks and balances for the NCAA. They do not operate off a codified list of offenses and punishments, they routinely ignore precedence, they exact disparate sanctions for the same offenses, and they do all of this with autonomy on whims depending on mood, public opinion, reading chicken bones, or a horoscope form July 1969.

And don't get me wrong. Ole Miss is dirty under Freeze and needs to be knee-capped. But do it right.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't know of a stadium that would fit the configurations of Aussie rules. Their fields are round, not rectangular.

And no more Aussie kickers here, please. Nice kid and all, but he didn't have a complete grasp (pun intended) of American rules football. A lateral to the opponent isn't a good thing.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If I have said it once, I have said it a million times. Simply eliminate all enforcement related to illicit payments. Decriminalize them. That gets you out of the policing business and allows players to get paid under the table without raising Title IX issues.

Comment

• I believe there is a little more interest in American Football over in Oz than Aussie rules football in the USA. It will be interesting to see if people show up.

Comment

• I would definitely go to an Aussie game over here. No question.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Me too. Aussie football rocks.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Me three. I'd love to see a Aussie game in person. I watch them on Fox all the time.

Comment

• I got to go to one. Really fun. I'd definitely be a fan if I had grown up with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        Me three. I'd love to see a Aussie game in person. I watch them on Fox all the time.
                        Ever seen an IW in an Aussie game liney?

Just wondering...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• IW = Ingrown Weiner, Inadvertent Whistle, Illicit Waffle, Illuminating Weirdo, or Illiterate Wanker?

Comment

• AA: take your pick. When you have an inadvertent whistle, you feel like an illiterate wanker...

Wiz: Whistles are part of their game that I'm still trying to understand. There are whistles all the time, but they "play on".

But I love watching it. I'm like Hannibal. If I lived in Australia, I'd be a big fan.

Comment

• Yeah, it was a pretty cool experience. A bit tricky to get used the rules, and I don't think I ever fully figured them out. But their fans were really passionate! It was a night game too, so everyone was all hyped.

Now - what I didn't get to do is an Aussie tailgate - that would be a impressive experience I think! They've got some pretty good looking shelias over there.

Comment

• Next games:

Generally, a big tub of crap on Thursday, but I will watch part of the Vol-AppState game. Ditto, South Carolina-Vandy and Minn-Oregon State.

Friday Stanford-KState, and Colorado-Colorado State.

Then Saturday is lights out full of killer games.

Comment

Working...
                                X