Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

To my knowledge, no one in the SEC got seriously ill and significant economic and social benefits were obtained.
    Correct.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ND gets the #4 spot.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So, the ACC gets two teams in. Wonder if we will get teeth gnashing over that like we would’ve had two SEC teams made it.

Comment

• And don’t get me wrong: fuck TAMU. Glad they didn’t make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            So, the ACC gets two teams in. Wonder if we will get teeth gnashing over that like we would’ve had two SEC teams made it.
            I still believe that a team should have to win it conference to be considered.

I would have put 9-0 Cinci in the #4 spot. They'd get their asses kicked, but so will Notre Dame.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Alabama -17.5 favorite vs ND. Oh fun.

ND has been destroyed in every championship and playoff game they have played in with Brian Kelly as HC.

EDIT: Bama -20.5 in other sports books. Woof.

Last edited by Cody_Russell; December 20, 2020, 12:46 PM.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I still believe that a team should have to win it conference to be considered.

I would have put 9-0 Cinci in the #4 spot. They'd get their asses kicked, but so will Notre Dame.
                As you know, I absolutely hate that. To give a conference like the AAC a spot is crazy. For example, UAB won CUSA. They would be a bottom feeder in the SEC, ACC, or BigTen. So, in a limited spot playoff, winning an apple conference means nothing in comparison to the orange conferences.

Put the best teams in.
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; December 20, 2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Brian Kelly being interviewed on TV now. I wish Rece would ask him if he plans to film his practice from a scissor lift.

Never forget that Brian Kelly sent a kid to his death.

Comment

• CRD on the show now.

Somewhere froot seethes.

Comment

• After seeing yesterday's games, pencil in Bama v Clemson in the NC game.

Bama will torch the Irish, and I now think Clemson will handle OSU.

I would have reversed OSU and Clemson about a month ago. Yesterday showed they are human.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's a playoff. Win your fucking conference or STFU. It never hurt the NCAA basketball tourney to only let conference champs in and actually made for a compelling tourney. The only reason they expanded it was for the $$. Same reason Notre Dame is in the playoff this year.

If you are going to "put the best teams in" you might as well eliminate the tourney altogether and go back to the ridiculous system they had prior to the playoff.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Our D is trash. We score a lot. So, that’s why losing our all-everything center may throw a wrench in the works. Because don’t get this wrong: We need to score 40+ to have a chance at winning. Our defense just cannot be counted on.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            It's a playoff. Win your fucking conference or STFU. It never hurt the NCAA basketball tourney to only let conference champs in and actually made for a compelling tourney. The only reason they expanded it was for the $$. Same reason Notre Dame is in the playoff this year.

If you are going to "put the best teams in" you might as well eliminate the tourney altogether and go back to the ridiculous system they had prior to the playoff.
                            1. The 4 best teams should be there.

2. NCAA basketball is “not hurt” by giving auto-bids for winning a conference because they have 66(!) spots to give. If they had 4 spots to give, you could bet your last dollar that Canisius winning the Metro would NOT be a consideration. At all. And any mention that winning the Metro means more than finishing 4th in the BigTen would be met with laughter and possibly a mental health screening.

3. Conference championships are important, but not all conferences are created equal.

Comment

• If you can't win your conference you don't deserve to play for the NC

I was talking about the NCAA tourney only giving auto bids when they only allowed 32 teams in an only allowed conference champs in. It made for some fantastic conference tourneys.

No they are not, but it would be very rare for a non-power five team to get in. You know, maybe a covid year?

Comment

• No G5 team should ever make the CFP and, fortunately, I doubt they ever will.

As for conference championships, they are their own reward. CGVT, by your logic, 4-2 unranked Oregon is more deserving than #5 9-1 Texas A&M. That’s just stupid. The whole point is to put in the 4 best teams. I think they’ve done that every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X