Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right...... thinning Alabamians is a good thing. The nation's average IQ will rise substantially.

Seriously though while herd immunity is dismissed by so-called experts, the reading I've done on it is that there is such a thing, previously infected and recovered people contribute to it along with vaccinated people. Nobody seems to be talking about that but if 30% of state or city's population has already been infected and you start to approach a 30% vaccination rate, the combined immunity will absolutely start to impact new infection rates.

By some expert accounts a reported 10% infection rate reflects only a 1/3 of actual infections. There are some locals approaching or even exceeding that 10% infected rate. Back in June NYC was thought to have a 25% rate of infection. It is likely much higher than that now. Back in April, Miami's infection rate was thought to be approaching 10%. My view is that it probably is easily in the 20-30% range now, possibly higher than that. Both of these reports were based on university research that was sampling sero-prevalence - that data not being pulled out of someone's ass. What no one knows with certainty and won't know for years when we can look retrospectively at this, how long does immunity last? Early data with no consensus suggests at least 6 months and possibly as long as 1 year.

The point is that despite the hand ringing over the "surge," despite so called experts calling pandemic response strategies that purportedly seek herd immunity, it is a fact that increasing numbers of persons infected by SARS-2 contributes to an overall decline in susceptible hosts and should ultimately and at some point not too distant force a sharp decline in growth curves. Admittedly, the problem is increasing numbers of infections increase fatalities but CFR remains well below 2.0 (1.2- 1.5 by most accounts). At the same time survival rates are increasing at a modest rate due to improved care.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Talent,

Re Coombs: I think he did what he could. With one exception: Too many times Slade, Metchie, and Devonta were covered by a LB. Otherwise, with injuries and Covid, and facing an elite offense, he did as good of a job as he could.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not sure he did as well as he could, but it was within reason. They forced Alabama into a couple very long drives early, but just couldn't get the stops. Or rather, if they did get the stop, the 4th down as short enough that they were going to go for it. The end of the 1st half was bad.

But, again, I'm not going to torch Coombs, yet. I wasn't particularly encouraged by the season, but I'm not going to get on him for giving up 50 to Alabama. It's almost impossible to say, on the one hand, that UAT is a historically great offense and then, on the other, scream about an undertalented secondary not stopping them (fyi, they lost a couple would-be starters for separate reasons before/early in the year).

"Nothing cleanses your soul like getting your ass kicked." -- Woody Hayes (and probably others).

The Nick, I think, has been building to this year after Clemson kicked his ass. Last year was probably a little unforseen with LSU, but this year's squad was so talented on offense. I also suspect they really wanted to lay it on Clemson and, man, they would they have ever. But, I'm sure beating Ohio State was plenty good enough.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• To beat 11 SEC teams, Notre Dame, and Ohio State was just spectacular. But you’re right, we wanted to beat the smirk off that “bring your own guts” assclown Dabo’s face.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Beating Clemson and legendary coach Brent Venables made this season an unqualified success, regardless of last night

Comment

• Bama in 2021 will have some growing pains.

And I think it’s very possible that we hire Bill O’Brien in the next few days. Heh.

Comment

• wow 12 hours after sandbagging on a team that scored tds on 30/39 possesions

scored in every quarter but 2 for the whole year

had a wr play 6 quarters with 400 yds reciving and 6 tds agains the best in the country

havd a qb with 400 yds and 4 tds in 3 qtrsbefore i turned it off

and already downplaying the next season

epic sandbaggary

but congrats sensationally designed plays -just too many athletes and depth for tOSU to handle

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Bama in 2021 will have some growing pains.

And I think it’s very possible that we hire Bill O’Brien in the next few days. Heh.
                  AA is sandbagging his still fresh sandbagging...wow...an entire new level of sandbaggery...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• We lose Mac Jones, Brian Robinson, Najee, DeVonta, Leatherwood, Forristall, Dickerson, Surtain, Fletcher, Deonte Brown, Dylan Moses, Josh McMillon, and Chris Owens.

Brutal. We lose our OC and a few other assistants, but we keep the worst DC Saban has EVER had.

We open vs Miami.

Gentlemen, Bama is in trouble. Not kidding.

Comment

• Oh, and we lose Waddle, too.

Comment

• Najee with respect for OSU:

Comment

• You can rest assured that you and the Crimson Tide have the collective thoughts and prayers from this forum as you navigate the troubled waters ahead.

Comment

• All he has to do is rollout the ball and they'll get another championship.

Comment

• Najee earned every one of his 76 yards on the ground. A lesser back is probably held ot about 45 and, more importantly, Ohio State gets a stop or two. And he was taking shots, too.

Ohio State had zero chance of stopping the passing game, but Najee had to work. Honestly, I'd take those 76 yards over an easy 200 any day.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Najee is going to be a millionaire before summer. He'll be fine.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X