Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple challenging road games -- potentially challenging. I think 11-1 is about right. There's no earthly way The Nick loses in Atlanta to Miami. But, he does have 3 SEC Road games that could be a thorn in his side. The only way he doesn't make it back to the SECCG is if the 1 loss is to aTm.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It all depends on how the new OL and QB gel. Devonta is a huge loss, but we have WRs who can step up; it’ll be a noticeable drop off without him, but Metchie, Slade, and Xavier are pretty good. Not that worried about RB or TE, either. So, Bryce and the rebuilt o-line are the biggest variables.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I assume they'll send UAT to College Station in September? That would be my only concern -- a young offense in a tough environment very early in the season.

Miami won't score more than 13. UAT is going to house them.

More importantly, any word from your cadre of big money donors on where JTT ends up? Ohio State is in desperate need of talent at this point. Obviously, he's a pure luxury for The Nick.

Comment

• -I hope it’s later in the year. Kyle Field is 125F in September.

-Bama’s D is ...not good. And off this D we lose Surtain, Dylan, McMillon, Barmore, and a few more. So basically everyone with a pulse. AND Pete Golding is still DC. Miami will absolutely score more than 13.

-JTT is absolutely in the bag for TOSUC.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I hope you're right about at least the Ohio State thing.

Comment

• Bama up to #10 in the NET rankings. It won’t last, but it’s nice to see.

Get NCAA college basketball rankings from the Associated Press, USA Today Coaches poll and the NCAA NET Rankings.

Comment

• Tennessee’s Henry To’oto’o entered the portal. He is solid. We recruited him heavily. Would be outstanding to pick some meat off the rotting carrion that is Tennessee.

Comment

• M is interested for sure.

Comment

• Fake wrestling people: Who are these guys?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• The Undertaker is in the background. He who often seems dead but is never so.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        The Undertaker is in the background. He who often seems dead but is never so.
                        Prophetic? I hope so.

Comment

• A J Styles

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            M is interested for sure.
                            Apparently there is some connection with To' oto 'o and one or more of M's new D staff members. I'm not clear who that actually is - something about he recruited To' oto 'o before he signed with UTn. Helow or Lingquist? I see a Najee Harris situation emerging here. AA, we're on to you.

mgoboard is the source so TIFWIW.

There's also buzz over the hiring of Mo Linguist as Co-DC...... some kind of guru recruiter who reportedly got hired by M on day one and hit the road to recruit on day two.

I have no idea who these guys are other than reading about them at mgo. Nobody who I read at mgoboard seems overly excited by these hires or Mike Macdonald as resumes are reportedly thin on coordinating experience for both Lingquist and Macdonald. One POV is that these guys are young and up to the task of non-stop recruiting. If that is accurate, it might signal that JH recognized his former D staff of old guys and after the Partridge departure wasn't getting the job done on the recruiting trail. I'd say the existence of the transfer portal can shorten the time it might take M to recover from several years of failed recruiting, esp. of D-Linemen and Ss
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 21, 2021, 10:20 AM.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, M is going to get ALL the RECRUITZ now (not according to you, I know). We'l see. Fundamentally, HARBAUGH!!! hired people that were willing to hitch their wagon to his hanging-by-a-thread star. He was obviously kneecapped by the M Administration. It's obvious that a bad year in 2021 is going to spell his end. So, you take what you can take.

Comment

• That's the talk ......mgo is reserved. We're mostly all aware of the reversal in support for Harbaugh, downright surprising open fire him talk there, that occurred ending years of mgo unicorns and happiness while the Titanic slowly sunk.

I'm not as down on Manuel and how he handled JH, all things considered, as some. While I didn't like what appeared to be Manuel's allowing Jim's dalliance with the NFL, I do think he ended up with a reasonable position vis-a-vis his retention or termination after a year or two to demonstrate he's still Captain Comeback.

For me, it's too easy to sum up a man's potential to get up off the mat as a result of repeated body blows and say he's a failure before he's actually down for the count and the bell rings. Maybe Manuel is the idiot that some think he is. I don't see either Harbaugh or Manuel that way. But most would expect me to see things like that. 20 years ago, I would have shouted it. The last decade, though, has taken a toll on my enthusiasm for M football. It would be nice to see COVID beaten back, experience an entire CFB season not interfered with by it and M win 10 or more games.

I don't think either of those things will happen.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X