Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Rutgers to fuck off then add West Virginia, Kansas, and try to get Pitt. If they won’t come I’m not sure who the best option is. I don’t think Notre Dame will ever come. Iowa State and Kansas State are just “warm body” choices.

Comment

• I think Iowa State and K-State are better than warm bodies. Would take either of them over Worst Virginia.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        I think Iowa State and K-State are better than warm bodies. Would take either of them over Worst Virginia.
        No one in the Big10 would possibly want Kansas State unless Kansas won't come without them.

I would take WVU, Pitt, or even Louisville ahead of the little brother Midwest schools. No one we can realistically add will boost us up to the SEC super-league so add teams that are credible in football but add a good hoops program too. Kansas gets a pass for having godawful football because they are a top 5 alltime bball program.

It's some personal bias speaking but WVU is a border state, it's 3 hours from Columbus, and it's in the region where I've worked for a decade. I see people in Ohio wearing WVU gear. I have never seen and doubt I ever will see people wearing Iowa State or Kansas State stuff. They have longstanding rivalries with Penn State, Maryland, Pitt, and the games with OSU would almost certainly be heated.

Comment

• Worst Virginia is horrid. Horrible fans in the backwaters of some Appalachian meth capital. I guess that does have appeal to the unwashed like yourself and your ilk in C-Bus, though.

K-State is serviceable. Decent fan base, decent sports. Same with Iowa State. Can’t imagine Pitt or Louisville leaving for the BigTen - which is a harder road than they currently flounder in with the ACC.

Or, forget geography and go after USC and Oregon.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• But, hey, because some toothless, slack-jawed yokel wears a WVa shirt in your ‘hood, sure, yeah, invite them to join the Big-Fucking-Ten.

Christ on a cross, Strangelove. Get it together.

Comment

• USC, Notre Dame, and Clemson are the types of schools we'd need to add to match what the SEC is about to do and all are pipe dreams.

I don't care if Kansas State fans are "nice". They're 11 hours away. In a state I don't give a fuck about. I would rather feel an emotion like hate for WVU than feel nothing at all.

But fwiw I think Louisville would be easier to poach from the ACC than Pitt. Pitt is a bit snooty and thinks of itself as a peer of Duke/UNC/WF/Georgia Tech. Louisville just cares about promoting its sports (although it's a dirty school too, to be fair).

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                But, hey, because some toothless, slack-jawed yokel wears a WVa shirt in your ‘hood, sure, yeah, invite them to join the Big-Fucking-Ten.

Christ on a cross, Strangelove. Get it together.
                Your recommendation of Kansas State is like me recommending the SEC add NC State instead of Texas because I met a couple of their fans in a bar once and they seemed nice.

Comment

• They’re 11 hours away from C-Bus, but there are B10 schools closer to them than OSU.

And how far is Nebraska from C-Bus? That can’t be a short drive. Isn’t it about the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Your recommendation of Kansas State is like me recommending the SEC add NC State instead of Texas because I met a couple of their fans in a bar once and they seemed nice.
                    It’s absolutely nothing like that. It’s not like I’m advocating them over Notre Dame, you goober. I’m saying they would be a better addition than fucking West Virginia.

Comment

• I’d much rather have Okie State than any of the Kansas schools or ISU. West Virginia would actually be fun for football by, my god, they are some backwoods hicks. Bad cultural fit for the Big Ten.

Comment

• Hell, West Virginia tried getting in the SEC. it didn’t go far.

If all of a sudden you’re worried about proximity to C-Bus (despite traveling further to Lincoln and probably Iowa City, I would take Cinci before WVa).

Now, go sober up you Shostakovian sycophant.

Comment

• I would take Syracuse before I took Kansas State, you white-sauce-on-well-done ribeye eating poltroon.

Comment

• Well, I would, too, but Syracuse isn’t gonna leave the friendly confines of the ACC easily. Like Pitt and Louisville, they have sucked there, why leave for a harder conference when you’re below the Mendoza line where you’re at?

You mouth-breathing troglodyte of a Mountaineer apologist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              I’d much rather have Okie State than any of the Kansas schools or ISU. West Virginia would actually be fun for football by, my god, they are some backwoods hicks. Bad cultural fit for the Big Ten.
                              Yeah, Okie State is solid in football and basketball.

Comment

• Syracuse was the name that got attached to the B1G alot twenty years ago, thoughts? Trending the opposite direction of Louisville in what matters, the revenue sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X