Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean, I get the argument. He’s not a superstar, but I think he is playing well and getting better within the role and scope Harbaugh has assigned him. He has >60% completion rate and a 5:1 TD:INT ratio, which is competent.
    What we don't know about the QB position in general and McNamara specifically is the question that asks is the performance of the M offense being held back by the way Harbaugh is
    scheming
    it or by Cade's inability to make the reads required in M's offense that most think is a run dominant RO/RPO scheme?

People that look at the offense in 2021 that know a lot more than I do about football offer that while M deploys a base split zone concept, the lack of QB involvement in the run game, i.e., the RO and to include the RPO game, eliminates the two defense stretching counters that facilitates success with M's base split zone run plays.

McNamarra either can't make the reads or Harbaugh is insisting on not having him do that and instead asks him to make only pre-snap reads. That approach isn't going to prevent defenses from putting 8 or more in the box to stymie M's offense heavily reliant on running the ball. Without an active QB, one that can threaten the entire field, M will not likely be a contender when they play the best teams in CFB.

Michigan needs a solid RO/RPO offense, one that can challenge the likes of OSU first, and if they can do that, challenge the other elites, to win championships.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This well-made documentary gives exceptional insight into the culture of that mysterious corner of the English throne's possessions: Scotland

Comment

• YouTube seems like it’s down. Can you give an overwrought, off-target synopsis? You know, kinda like you do on your movie thread.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          YouTube seems like it’s down. Can you give an overwrought, off-target synopsis? You know, kinda like you do on your movie thread.
          A trio of vulgar, illiterate Scotsmen ferment peat into a foul concoction, then ruin a charming dinner party.

Comment

• You get Strangelove drunken up on Apple Trulys and he really hits his stride. Topshelf work by his very subterranean standards.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

A trio of vulgar, illiterate Scotsmen ferment peat into a foul concoction, then ruin a charming dinner party.
              I don’t get it. What do you mean?
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Buchanan is trying to class up his posts by using the middle indent.

McNamara is doing what Harbaugh wants, but it's almost impossible to get through a season not throwing deep.

Comment

• It's possible to get through the B10 season without throwing deep. Ohio State did it with JTB in 2016 and 2017. It's not possible to win the CFP without throwing it deep. However, HARBAUGH!!!!'s boys are better than the aforementioned JTB teams, and if anyone can figure out a way to do it, it's HARBAUGH!!!!

Plus, CADE!!!!!! is an exceptional athlete with a great arm. And, he wants to win. So, I mean, he can probably throw deep much more often, but M has had no need for the deep ball as the bludgeon all opponents into submission.

Comment

• The bigger question I have is why is Alabma"Alum" playing dumber when it comes to the nearly sacrosanct Three Stooges.

Comment

• JTB killed the Spartans in EL with the deep ball.

Comment

• He did, but I'd argue it was as much Devin Smith. In any event, I did not include 2014 in my list. Just 2016 and 2017. When he killed no one with the deep ball.

Comment

• That’s Bryce Young’s biggest knock. The long ball just isn’t there. He is very good at crossing and drag patterns. But after Mac and Tua, I have become accustomed to a QB who can throw a good deep ball well. Bryce is not that guy. At least yet.

Comment

• It’s really made a difference in our offensive production. Opposing DBs cheat the line of scrimmage as opposed to immediately starting a back pedal at the snap like they did with Tua and Mac.

The other area he needs work on is the hot route. TAMU picked up on film that we didn’t handle blitzes well and exposed the shit outta that deficit.

Comment

• At least he can throw short. CJ Stroud can't even do that. I had such high hopes, too, only to see the season rapidly devolve into a girthful scrotum of misery.

Comment

• Talent's harsh sarcasm notwithstanding...I don't see anything derailing HARBAUGH!!! in 2021...showing that staying the course truly can pay off...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X