Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alabama and OSU:

Alabama - The reason Alabama continues to be considered in the NC hunt is that they have what... 10 years now, of Top 5 recruiting classes? We look at the roster, and see 2nd and 3rd stringers that would be starters elsewhere, and you know at some point with Coach Nick, he's going to get that talent out of them. He always does. He does it better than any coach in the country. I agree that they're not putting up numbers like they normally do, but the sky definitely is not falling in Tuscaloosa this morning. They might actually have to push themselves to win out, but they're still among the cream of the crop in CFB. They just are. They have great players and a great coach. He's the best in the business at the CFB level. Nobody else is close.

OSU: I could pretty much say the same from above about these guys. They have an incredible amount of talent, way more than any of their competition in the Big Ten. They are the kind of team that can have an "off" year, but still win. They have an innovative coach, complimented by a group of assistants, that scout the opposition, and put together game plans that win games. They aren't having a typical 'pretty' year this season, but they're winning. CJ Stroud will be in NYC for the Heisman ceremony, and rightly so. Olave is going to be a top 5 NFL draft pick and make millions. And they have similar talent sitting on the bench, waiting for an opportunity to play. So maybe they aren't destroying teams by 65 points this year, but they are the best overall team in the conference, and they have a path to the CCG, and playoffs that they've proven before that they can handle. All of their future opponents have weaknesses that play into OSU's strengths. Yea, it must suck to be an OSU fan today.

Notre Dame is poised to sneak in to the playoffs, because that's what they do. They are rarely deserving.

MSU should have at least 4 losses by now. Congrats to Jeff Brohm and Purdue for showing that the emperor was indeed naked.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• See, the fact that they have some highly rated players is really irrelevant. A player who has the apparent potential to develop into a skilled, top performer, but only performs at an Average Joe level is, in the end, just an Average Joe. People often fail to see performance potential means nothing if the good performance -for whatever reason- never materializes.

It’s like me saying I should have been filthy rich because I had the potential to buy Amazon stock at $1.73/share in 1997. Well, I didn’t.

This team is the sum of its performances, just like my portfolio is the sum of my investments. The only non faith-based assessment one can make is an objective retrospective of actual output. And objectively, the 2021 Alabama football team is average. Middling. Mediocre. Could they get their heads outta their collective asses and coach and play better? Yeah. Sure. I could also invest in the next Amazon and become a billionaire. Neither seems likely, though. But I’m hoping for both.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I understand that by Tide and OSU standards, both teams aren't performing as they usually do. They're not lighting up the scoreboard with 50's and 60's this year. But, they're still winning games.

Sorry, but I just don't see the concern. So, they'll have to play a little harder to get to where they want to go. I think both coaches are very capable of getting their guys ready. They've proven it in the past, and they will do it again this year.

Meanwhile, both Alabama and OSU are on schedule to sign top five classes in early signees for 2021, and will sign top five classes in 2022. Both are out front for 2023 as well.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yup, a down season for the Buckeyes or Bama is 10-2, a down season for everyone else is 2 wins.

Comment

• Well, a 9-3/10-2 season under Saban is a down season and I’m fully aware that the level he has had Bama at since 2008 is certainly better than what the vast majority of teams experience, but that’s really not the conversation. Rather, is this 2021 Alabama team a legitimate top 4 team? And the answer to that is a big no.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Thank god we play New Mexico State this week.

Comment

• Alabama basketball opens with LaTech tomorrow. They are a gritty mid team and have been. They ended up 24-8 last year and return a lot of folks. It will be a no reward challenge.

Comment

• STFU
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Incorrect. The correct answer is "STFU, twatwaffle."
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Seconded.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Thirded.

Comment

• Anyway, tomorrow night will be a test. LaTech returns 4 starters from that 24-8 team. Bama won the exhibition games but the shooting was not great.

Just a great time of the year. College basketball, college football, NFL, hockey, and the NBA all in the afterglow of the Braves WS win.

Comment

• Except for the Braves stuff...STFU
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Alabama is a 51.5 point fav vs New Mexico State.

This is easy money. I guarantee you that if/when we get up by >35, Saban will rest the starters in preparation for Arkansas and Auburn. We are banged up. We won’t suit up four starters for the game, anyway, and once we get a safe lead, it will be a steady stream of 3rd and 4th string no-names running a basic set on both O and D.

Take the Aggies and the points and get rich with this bad, I’ll-informed line.

Comment

• Including the Braves stuff, STFU, twatwaffle.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X