Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhere you said Bama by three?

Comment

• Yes. +\-
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And if you're suggesting that I should offer Jeff my guess as to a margin, well, that's not what the disagreement is about.

AA: "Bama is a 17-point favorite. I think that's too high."

Mongol Horde (MH): "Sandbagger! You're always wrong!" or (depending on the person) "Boring. You make me sick."

AA: "Fine. Take Bama -16.5. User pics for a month."

MH: "Whooaaa. How about -7.5. Or how about your guess on the game? Not -16.5..."

In the end, I'm as upset as anyone at going 3-3 on Bama bets. 3-3 is NOT breaking even (vig). Luckily, my other wagers have put me modestly in the black. But I am NOT getting a G650 any time soon.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think my bona fides and street cred as an A1+++ prognosticator has taken a huge hit.

Starting with TAMU, I am gonna be UP!! UP!! UP!!

Comment

• I'm much worse on M games than the field; I also shouldn't bet on the Pac 12 either. Much better at non-M B1G, ACC & SEC.

Comment

• I know Bama and the SEC best and usually do the best betting them. This year, I have tepid results with my Tide, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                I know Bama and the SEC best and usually do the best betting them. This year, I have tepid results with my Tide, though.
                That's because talent has correctly described your moronic predictions regarding YOUR team here as doltish sandbaggery.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  ...... And if you're suggesting that I should offer Jeff my guess as to a margin, well, that's not what the disagreement is about.......
                  What agreement?

You are more of a dolt than talent thinks you are if you want to put the line at -3 and expect me to enter into a wager with you and Bama at -16. LOL.

TBH, I was really impressed with Alabama's win over Tennessee and especialy with Jalen Hurts. I think it's interesting that Saban is pretty much going all in on a dual threat QB. For a guy that has traditionally liked pro-style QBs and run Power, maybe that's a sign of the times.

Get on board HARBAUGH!!!
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff,

Well, if you listen to "talent" and take his counsel on anything other than the lack of efficacy of Propecia, then you are beyond all hope. Also, note his user pic the next time you get a chance.

I am 3-3 this year on betting Bama vs the line. So, your hesitance is confusing. But if it's "doltish sandbaggery," then jump on the bet at -17. I'll be sporting a HARBAUGH!!! user pic for a month. Too easy.

If you're scared that I'm right, then slink off, cowering, and task me no further on this empty charge of sandbaggery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      What agreement?

You are more of a dolt than talent thinks you are if you want to put the line at -3 and expect me to enter into a wager with you and Bama at -16. LOL.

TBH, I was really impressed with Alabama's win over Tennessee and especialy with Jalen Hurts. I think it's interesting that Saban is pretty much going all in on a dual threat QB. For a guy that has traditionally liked pro-style QBs and run Power, maybe that's a sign of the times.

Get on board HARBAUGH!!!
                      I do not "put" lines. I play them. Either you agree with me and think the -17 line is too high, or you think I am sandbagging.

Comment

• Simply stated, no, not interested in a bet on TAMU v Bama with Bama covering at -16 or -17 for that matter. Like you do, I think that line to cover is way too high.

Would I take Bama to beat TAMU and cover by 3 points? Yes. I think that's what you think the line might actually be.

Not cowering just offering up more reasonable betting terms...... and you're right about listening to talent. Rarely do it except when his routinely absurd statements on any subject serve my purposes here.

Comment

• It's doltish sandbaggery because AA NEVER picks Alabama. The Nick won't cover every game, so he gets his 50%. But, I can already tell you his pick for the Alabama-LSU game (War Ogre!) and the Alabama-Starkvegas game (That Mullen is a Genius!).

So, yeah...doltish.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I never thought about it this way - The Nick won't cover every Bama game .......

In AA's CFB betting world its a bit like betting red or white at the Roulette Table. Not a winning strategy at all. You can look good 1/2 the time along the way, though.

Comment

• Talent, Jeff:

Wrong. On many levels.

I was 7-2 last year betting Bama. One win and one loss were where I took Bama as a fav.

That said, many Bama lines are too high. I do not feel that way because of "sandbaggery" - rather, people buy into the invincible Saban/Bama myth.

Last year, Bama was 1-6 vs the line at home. One and Six. And (depending on the book you use), 4-7 in the regular season. Post season we were 1-2 (thank god for Michigan State).

So, 5-9 ATS last year. Not "sandbaggery" - doltish or otherwise.
                              Last edited by AlabamAlum; October 18, 2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Jeff,

Betting vs the line is not a coin flip or a red/black play on a roulette wheel. The line is set to get people to wager. Vegas (and all books) want equal action and to make their money off the vigorish. They set and move the line accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                                X