Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should have thrown the Hail Mary. It had more of a chance than that 58 yard field goal
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Tennessee's been overrated.

Comment

• Big time.

Comment

• Never bought their hype.

Comment

• Of course, they were hit with a pretty bad rash of injuries. 9 starters and 20 players injured.

But whatever. Glad to see them lose.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dobbs was probably the most overrated player in the country and their OL has always been terrible. Injuries...blah blah blah.

Comment

• At one point, 9 starters in sweatpants on the sidelines makes a pretty big difference.

That said, they haven't been well coached. I wonder if the Vols get Botch Jones fired. If so, the new guy would be the 5th head coach in 9 years. Glorious.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  At one point, 9 starters in sweatpants on the sidelines makes a pretty big difference.

That said, they haven't been well coached. I wonder if the Vols get Botch Jones fired. If so, the new guy would be the 5th head coach in 9 years. Glorious.
                  Yeah, they have a ton of talent, probably as much as anyone in the nation other than Alabama.

And agree about Butch. I think he has been out coached most of the year.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You're right. He has been outcoached. Overwhelmed. Out of his depth.

Comment

• The following would be hilarious:

If Kentucky beats beleaguered Tennessee and Georgia

And...

Florida loses to LSU and either Arkansas OR South Carolina

Then Kentucky, KENTUCKY, would win the SEC-east and go to the SECCG in ATL. This would be the most SEC-east thing ever. Please Zeus, make this happen.

Comment

• Kentucky hasn't beaten anyone decent yet, very unlikely they win 1 of those two. It's Florida in the SEC CG vs Bama though I can see the Gators losing 2-3 more games and finish at 8-4. Really back loaded schedule.

Comment

• If Florida loses 3 more, Kentucky goes if they win just 1 more conference game. Most likely chance of a Wildcat win would be them nipping the moribund team from Athens (who they play at Lexington).

Comment

• As far as Bama, we have a tough schedule. LSU, Auburn, and TAMU are still very much in the race for Atlanta from the west. If Bama trips up and losses any game we are likely left out.

Comment

• Yeah, they almost lost to the bye yesterday...

Comment

• I felt confident against bye.

LSU is playing very good ball now. I like our chances, though. Power running out of a traditional set is in our wheelhouse to control.

Auburn, however, is just running roughshod over teams. They have a bruising RB named Pettway who they list at 240, but he's 260 if he's an ounce and fast for his size. They run that goddamned HUNH spread (which gives Saban's defensive scheme fits), but they run out of it more than they pass. They're averaging over 300 yards a game rushing (3rd in the nation), but if you sell out to stop their run, they hit you with pops and slants. Since SEC officials are genetically engineered to not see linemen downfield, when they hit that pop pass, they have 1 or 2 Olineman approaching the second level and the yac is huge.

I like our chances in both games, but a loss in either would not be shocking especially if we have turnovers or blocked kicks or any other major mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X