MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Home Depot is 4x the net worth of Coca-Cola?
    Home Depot was listed at 151.2 billion in 2021
    Coke at 43 billion and change in 2022
    UPS is around 89-90 billion
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• It's really a crazy discussion on the baseball thread, but I have stock in both so I was curious.

Coke's Net Worth at $273 billion on the site I use.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/c...is%20%24273.4B.

And Home Depot's net worth at $285 billion.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/c...s%20%24285.91B.

Which is virtually identical, Net Income is a bit trickier. Coke is at about $10B and HD is about $17B. HD's EBITDA is at about 2.5:1, though.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Y'all quoting some fancy Sabermetrics I don't recognize!

Comment

• Kansas City's Municipal Stadium which was home to the Kansas City A's, Chiefs, and briefly the Royals in the 60's. Also the Kansas City Monarchs, one of the most famous Negro League teams. Torn down in 1976.

kcmunicipal16_top.jpg

Comment

• Shibe Park, the A's home for close to 50 years before they left for Kansas City. The Phillies also moved in during the late 30's because their original stadium (the Baker Bowl) was a glorious shithole of a stadium located just 5 blocks away. The Phillies would stay as late as 1970 when they moved into yet another dump: The Vet. Shibe ended up being one of the last Deadball Era Stadiums to face the wrecking ball.

shibe-1909exterior.jpg

Comment

• If the A's do in fact move to Vegas they'll be only the second team in the last 50 years to change cities (the other being Montreal). The last team to move before that (I believe) was the 2nd version of the Washington Senators who moved to Texas and became the Rangers starting in 1972.

Comment

• I think MLB gets to 32 teams.

My choices would be Vancouver (potential nice rivalries with the Mariners AND Toronto) and Nashville (ideally I would rther have Brooklyn but thsat would never ever happen). 16 teams in each league. 4 divisions in each league. Something like this

AL East: Yankees, Red Sox, Baltimore, Toronto

AL North: White Sox, Tigers, Cleveland, Minnesota

AL South: Tampa Bay, Houston, KC, Texas

AL West: Vegas, LA Angels, Seattle, Vancouver

NL East: Mets, Phillies, Pittsburgh, Washington

NL Central: Cubs, Brewers, Cardinals, Rockies

NL South: Marlins, Braves, Nashville, Cinncy

NL West: SF, Dodgers, Arizona, SD

Keep the 7 playoff spots per league,. Division winners gets a playoff spot but not necessairly home field. Or you go to 2 divisions 8 teams each.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Tampa is a very likely candidate to move also if they don't get a new stadium soon. Best record in baseball and they're still #23 in attendance. They finish dead last in the AL a lot of years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Tampa is a very likely candidate to move also if they don't get a new stadium soon. Best record in baseball and they're still #23 in attendance. They finish dead last in the AL a lot of years.
                    Tampa has been good for a very long time. But their staidum (as I understand it) is very hard to get to. I don't see them moving from Tampa anytime soon.

Comment

• It’s a shame. I like Tampa (the city) a lot. I’ve been to a few games at Tropicana. It’s needs a refurb, but it’s not a bad venue.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'm just glad they dropped the "Devil" from their name...that has really made an impact on kids not becoming Satan worshipers...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I thought that Tampa Bay was looking at relocating to Orlando. It was just last week, I believe that some Orlando group of investors revealed some kind of 1.7 billion dollar plan to put a MLB park in Orlando.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            I'm just glad they dropped the "Devil" from their name...that has really made an impact on kids not becoming Satan worshipers...
                            You joke but the first year they switched they went to the World Series. Coincidence????

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              I thought that Tampa Bay was looking at relocating to Orlando. It was just last week, I believe that some Orlando group of investors revealed some kind of 1.7 billion dollar plan to put a MLB park in Orlando.
                              It needs to be a dome. There is no joy in sitting in a stadium with thousands of fans in central Florida in July or August collectively sweating your asses off. Same can be said for New Orleans. Zephyrs games were miserable.

Comment

• For 1.7B it better be a dome

Comment

Working...
                                X