No announcement yet.

MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make it 13-9 after the Tiggers go down to the Royals 1-0 on the strength of two hits.

Elsewhere, Orel Roberts went down in the College World Series.

Comment

• CWS? Looks more like the SEC Tournament.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Guardians have pulled within a game of first place! And don't look now, but the Reds and that Elly De La Cruz kid are in first place in their division. The Battle of Ohio World Series is lining up!

Quick note -- fuck the fucking Reds and fuck the whole of Cincitucky.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, the Reds are playing good ball. Ripped off 10-straight wins.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I just farted.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Check your shorts

Comment

• You assume I'm wearing shorts because....
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  The Guardians have pulled within a game of first place! And don't look now, but the Reds and that Elly De La Cruz kid are in first place in their division. The Battle of Ohio World Series is lining up!

Quick note -- fuck the fucking Reds and fuck the whole of Cincitucky.
                  F the Reds owners. The only reason they are not the worst owners is because you have John Fisher in Oakland.

Reds got a lot of young talent with a lot of upside.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

F the Reds owners. The only reason they are not the worst owners is because you have John Fisher in Oakland.

Reds got a lot of young talent with a lot of upside.
                    Chris Ilitch of the Detroit Tigers says hi.

If you can't get MLB high quality players when you traded away JD Martinez and Justin Verlander, you deserve to be in the conversation for worst Owner in baseball.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• And keep Al Avila around for several years when he was clearly in over his head.

Comment

• I think fans of the A's might argue with you on worst owner...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Chris Ilitch of the Detroit Tigers says hi.

If you can't get MLB high quality players when you traded away JD Martinez and Justin Verlander, you deserve to be in the conversation for worst Owner in baseball.

Fisher has refused to do any upkeep on the ballpark. You think Illitch is cheap? He is not even on the same continent as Fisher.

The Reds owner literally said before the season last year that Cinncy was lucky to have a team. And demanded that the fans support the team even if they didn't even try to put a good team out there.

I will grant that the Marlins doing a sell off immediately after 2 World Series rings did a lot to poison the fan base in Miami, but ownership that has followed did nothing get the fan base back

Now, there are very good owners in MLB. The Padres owner has allowed his team to go out and get top of market talent beyond their market size.

Steve Cohen has spent the money for the Mets to fill their holes while they rebuild the farm system. Good.

​​​​​​The Cubs and Astros tore down to the studs they built back up and Cubs got their ring while the Astros have 2 (and a AL pennet). So a lot of teams copied it. Tigers included.

The reality is Illitch is neither among the best owners (his dad was) or the worst. When they thought they would contend, CI spent money. Now you can say it wasn't spent wisely but it was spent.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Talent evaluation is sorely lacking for the Tigers. The Baez signing was awful. They simply haven't hit on anything since the Leyland/Dombrowski era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Talent evaluation is sorely lacking for the Tigers. The Baez signing was awful. They simply haven't hit on anything since the Leyland/Dombrowski era.
                              Hmmm ....I would say that they haven't hit on big ticket guys. They have made some good trades (Norris for Reese Olson) but nothing that majorly moves the needle. That could come from some draft picks but it hasn't yet.

One of the things that I liked what Harris did this offseason was get his own people and philosophy into the organization. He kept a good number of guys and moved others around. I think that will pay off down the road.

I expect he will spend this offseason as he will have a better idea what holes need to be filled.

Comment

• Hopefully he works out. Avila left a smoldering crater to work from.

Comment

Working...
                                X