No announcement yet.

MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, Oakland makes Beirut look like San Diego.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      MLB more or less gives permission for the A's to move if they can't get a new stadium built. They would be the first team to change cities since the Expos over 15 years ago.

I've been to the Oakland Coliseum. I believe it's the last of the generic multi-sport stadiums cities built in the 60's and 70's. Hard to believe but it's one of the oldest stadiums in baseball now. Seems like its days are numbered either way.
      I was there back in the mid-70's when I was in the USCG. I saw a game between the A's and Milwaukee. Saw Hank Aaron hit a home run. Oakland seems to never learn. They won't be happy until they lose their baseball team too.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        Also, Oakland makes Beirut look like San Diego.
        My last visit was close to 20 years ago, but from what I've heard at least some parts of the city are rapidly gentrifying as people hop over from San Fran looking for cheaper homes. Dunno if that's true...no first hand experience.

Back then the stadium was perfectly fine. Bland as hell and seating was designed for football, so you were waaaaay back from the action, but fine. Believe it was surrounded by nothing but parking lots and in the middle of nowhere like most of the stadiums from that generation.

Comment

• shaddup
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My last visit was 2007. I swore I would never go back. It absolutely needs gentrification. Or a tactical nuke.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Why tactical? I’m fine with collateral damage in that area.

Oakland or Montgomery?
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oakland. Montgomery BBQ is all that white sauce shit

Comment

• -Tactical because I like SF. Or used to. I hear it’s a cesspool now, too, which makes me sad.

-White sauce is north Alabama and it’s primarily for chicken.

-Montgomery has one redeeming quality: a cigar shop named Havana Dreamin. Well, there are a couple of nice golf courses and a decent Thai place. So, I guess, in a Survivor-style city elimination, they are saved in a head-to-head with Oakland.

Comment

• Andrew Zimmern was prattling on about some barbecue chicken joint in Birmingham. I was enticed until remembering it was in Birmingham.

Also: Wheeling > Oakland

Comment

• Myra’s?

Honestly, Bham has a surprisingly good food scene. Not even kidding.

Comment

• And I have never been to Wheeling, but Oakland is one of the few places I have truly felt unsafe. Couldn’t get out quick enough. Think “Escape from New York” with me playing the role of Snake Plissken.

Comment

• Myra’s. Correct. I gotta say — looked tasty.

Comment

• When you come down for the game in 2057 or whatever, I will take you on a food tour.

Comment

• I had to laugh when I read the Detroit News article that says Gretch has lifted stadium limits, and so that means Comerica Park can go to full capacity seating beginning July 1.

Ummmm.... we're talking about the DETROIT TIGERS here ... full capacity? LOL!!!!!
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Say it ain't so, Crime Dog!

The commercial for Tom Emanski's Baseball World Defensive Drills video was once upon a time one of the purest nostalgia-inducing memories sports fans of a certa

Comment

Working...
                                X