No announcement yet.

Michigan vs Hawaii Post-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to DVR friendly forum? This thread blows that to shit.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I just finished watching a DVR of the game. Some initial impressions:

A bit of an auspicious start for Speight, but he redeemed himself well. 10-13 for 160 yards and 3 TD's. Michigan's QB's were not sacked at all today.

I enjoyed watching Chris Evans. Looks like he has a bright future as a Wolverine. A 3-star out of Indianapolis. More evidence that Harbaugh probably knows what his team needs, better than the recruiting services do. Evans makes full-speed cuts that leave defenders grasping air. So far, so good.

I know Michigan (and Michigan fans) are being mocked here about the hiring of Don Brown, but I liked what I saw today. The purpose behind hiring Brown was to make sure the defense would continue to improve, as it did under Durkin. I think it has. It certainly hasn't taken any steps backward.

When I heard the score, I was hoping that Michigan wasn't deliberately running up the score against a hapless team. I don't think they did. Harbaugh put a lot of people in the game, and he deserves credit for that ... which leads me to my next point ..

I don't really have a problem with so many Freshmen playing, and burning their redshirt possibilities. I think Harbaugh and the staff know that these guys are going to be needed to play key roles in next year's team, so he's getting them actual game experience now. Its better than relying on a bunch of redshirt freshmen, with NO game experience, to come in and fill the gaps where people have left. This way, they have real game experience, and should be ready to step up. And, Harbaugh won't need to redshirt that many people, as long as he continues to recruit at a high level.

A very good first game. They did what they should have done to an inferior opponent. On to Game 2.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        What happened to DVR friendly forum? This thread blows that to shit.
        I don't know. I did not delete it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          What happened to DVR friendly forum? This thread blows that to shit.
          Talking about/spoiling a game in its own thread is OK. It's people crossing over threads that I'd like to see avoided.

Comment

• I was surprised to the score in the thread title, however. I thought we wanted to wait a day before doing that. But I'm guessing it's more for the non-Michigan games that people are worried about.

If I've DVR'd the Michigan game, I will not chance coming here to spoil it before getting a chance to watch it. Too risky whatever the policy is.

Comment

• You're right, Dan. I didn't think of that when I changed the thread title.

I'll fix it.

Comment

• Thanks liney!

Comment

• Post game injury report:

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh updated the media on various team injuries following the Wolverines' 63-3 victory over Hawaii in the Big House on Saturday:

Defensive tackle Bryan Mone: Harbaugh said that Mone will have a MRI and the team will await the results. He didn't go into further detail on the injury.

Defensive end Taco Charlton: Charlton's injury is related to his ankle, not his knee. Harbaugh said they will monitor it going forward, but wouldn't confirm when he would be ready to play again. He did imply it was not something they were concerned about.

Cornerback Jourdan Lewis: Lewis could have played on Saturday, but Harbaugh made the decision to sit him. He did not elaborate on the injury and implied he will play next week.

Left guard Ben Braden: Harbaugh said Braden also could have played if needed on Saturday. The left guard reportedly has a minor leg injury that kept him out.

Defensive tackle Maurice Hurst Jr.: Harbaugh echoed the same sentiments about Hurst Jr. and said he could have played on Saturday. Hurst's injury is also a lower body injury, but hasn't been disclosed.

Running back De'Veon Smith: Smith has some bruised ribs and was sat out strictly as a precautionary measure. All indications are that he will be a full-go next week against UCF.

Comment

• Goods news on Taco Charlton

Michigans largest margin of victory since 1975 wow over 30 years

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      Goods news on Taco Charlton

Michigans largest margin of victory since 1975 wow over 30 years
                      Also over 40 years

So we played without Jourdan Lewis, Bryan Mone (for most of the game), Maurice Hurst, and Ben Braden.

We didn't really miss a beat when the second and third team players came in. Good to see Morris come in and take us in for a TD! Amazing what a difference coaching makes with regard to the QB position.

Comment

• Oh right 40 years! I missed counting one of my fingers, not since Bo also
                        Last edited by WingsFan; September 3, 2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
                          I'll have to watch 2nd half on DVR. My Mom passed away last night. She'd been very sick, so it was time.
                          Very sorry to hear that.

Comment

• Condolences to you and your family Dan

Comment

• Dan, sorry about your Mom. Never easy, even when expected.

You've been one of our most enlightened posters. We need to hear more from you during the off-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by hodgkal View Post
                                Dan, sorry about your Mom. Never easy, even when expected.

You've been one of our most enlightened posters. We need to hear more from you during the off-season.
                                Seconded.

Playing that many freshman will serve them well in the future. I was delighted to see our boy MCDOOOOOOOOOM! play so well. Great hands and ran well on the end arounds. Maybe not quite as fast as Chesson but he makes up for it with his hands.

Evans is the future. Higdon didn't look too bad. More stout than I remember. Deveon Smith who? Ty Isaac what?
                                Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

Working...
                                X