Michigan vs Central Florida - Game Day/Post Game Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
    After the first series, we adjusted and started taking what they were giving us. I could imagine in previous years that we would not have taken to the air so decisively. We had the game well in hand by the 2nd quarter.
    I agree that it's nice to have a coach who isn't so stubborn (Bo) that he refuses to utilize the forward pass when it is available, but he problem is that the offense may actually need to be able to get a few yards on the ground someday. Wisconsin looms as a real test.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I thought Hurst looked pretty good. And Gary and Glasgow. Peppers was awesome and I thought the corners played really well. But there were quite a few busts by the LBs and safeties as far as I could tell. Those plays where the QB takes off and the defense has left an acre of space are some Indiana caliber shit.

Comment

• Yeah. Apparently Harbaugh said that Brown made adjustments at halftime to limit the QB scrambles, but it didn't seem like that to me.

We got a lot of breaks today.

Comment

• I envisioned J.T. Barrett running wild through open acres in the shoe. Got to get that fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
            Yeah. Apparently Harbaugh said that Brown made adjustments at halftime to limit the QB scrambles, but it didn't seem like that to me.

We got a lot of breaks today.
            Luckiest 37pt win I've ever seen!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
              Luckiest 37pt win I've ever seen!
              Don't worry guys, we'll block 4 kicks and be +2 on turnovers every game. And all of our opponents' QBs will be midgets who can't throw the ball accurately more than 5 yards down field.
              Last edited by Hannibal; September 10, 2016, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• LOL, 2 partially blocked punts and 2 FGs they would have missed anyway.

GUYS, Clemson just allowed 400yds vs Troy! THEY'RE SHUTTERING THEIR PROGRAM!!!

Comment

• It wasn't a lucky win. Michigan has much more talent than UCF. A bunch of the negatives could be considered nitpicking, but the lack of push by the OL was/is something to be concerned about. Granted, DL was probably UCF's best unit, but it was a bad game for our guys.

Comment

• It wasn't bad. It was just ok. Nothing either way. But I guess we need something to bring up. The OL wasn't good, but they were selling out for the run, so we killed them through the air. Not rocket science.

And Hannibal's wanna blow my brains out insistence to over and over and over use transitive properties to nit pick every M flaw, while ignoring everything else going on around CFB is vomit inducing.
                    Last edited by The Oracle; September 10, 2016, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Don't worry, guys. You don't need to run the ball to win in college football. Just schedule a team that went 0-12 last year and has terrible QB and special teams play and you'll be fine. Yes, this is totally a sound strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
                        It's tough when you start a true freshman at left tackle for two consecutive years. I don't mean to say that you can put this all on Newsome, because he's doing the best he can there, but I'd be surprised if he graded out all that well in this game.

I think the special teams plays may have distorted things a bit, though. Michigan got so many short fields that they never had that drive where they had to gear down and pound UCF on the ground, and they got out to such a big lead early that the physical intensity started to lapse. Still, there looked to be communication problems up front again, just like last week, and nobody is blowing away anyone up front. Lots of reasons to be concerned after this one.
                        This is a good and reasonable take, IMO.

Comment

• I'll watch a replay, but it looked like our guys were losing individual battles. Less than 3 yds. per carry is bad. We're supposed to have one of the best DLs in the nation, and UCF averaged 6 yds. per carry. Was Michigan not trying to stop the run, too?

Comment

• You can always count on him...and him only.

Comment

• The guy from MLive:

"Ben Braden returned to the starting lineup Saturday at left guard, but wasn't exactly stellar in his debut. Braden rotated with freshman Ben Bredeson as Michigan's offensive line struggled to get any type of push early. UCF loaded the box quite a bit early in the game, forcing Speight to put the ball over the top. But Michigan struggled with blitz recognition and couldn't get much going on the ground outside of a few chunks by De'Veon Smith and a jet sweep from Eddie McDoom. The Knights finished the game with eight tackles for loss ? which is absolutely a concern for this offensive line going forward."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                Don't worry, guys. You don't need to run the ball to win in college football. Just schedule a team that went 0-12 last year and has terrible QB and special teams play and you'll be fine. Yes, this is totally a sound strategy.
                                Make sure to tell Clemson and Georgia their season is over too.

Comment

Working...
                                X