No announcement yet.

Michigan vs Central Florida - Game Day/Post Game Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks a lot better than Ruddock did at the same point of last season, if he makes similar strides.... Watch out.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Way better arm than Rudock. Good pocket presence too. Slow release but he's accurate deep.

Comment

• Speight was outstanding! Even if UCF defense isn't the greatest, they were intent on loading the box against the run, Speight calmly picked them apart with long and short passes, finishing 25-for-37 for 312 yards, four touchdowns, and no interceptions. This is why Harbaugh has him the starter. How good is it knowing we have a QB?

SP were fantastic, OL could be better, D gave up a couple long QB scrambles and one long run.

Brian:

If there's any indication that Michigan has returned to form, it's that the crowd didn't seem satisfied with a 37-point win. Against an overmatched opponent that couldn't even reliably get a kick in the air untouched, the coaches had no need to utilize much of the playbook, which led to some ugly plays but won't reveal anything to Colorado, next week's opponent and Michigan's first that appears to have a pulse.

Comment

• I thought Speight did was really sharp. Although he's not the most mobile, he did a good job moving in the pocket and buying himself time. When there was pressure, he found his out man. Some really good throws downfield this game shows that he can throw the deep ball. He hit receivers in stride and lead them well, allowing them to make the play on the ball where the defender couldn't get a hand on it.

25-for-37 for 312 yards. Four touchdowns, no INT's. is a statline I'll take in every game.

Overall I was impressed. And if he keeps improving through the season like Rudock did, he could be special.

Comment

• FWIW Was told Jourdan Lewis hurt his back (unconfirmed)

Comment

• Hannibal Saban chews out Lane Kiffin:

[ame]https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/774756413771878400[/ame]
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Watch the full game here:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUUa_YzxF2g"]Michigan Wolverines vs UCF Knights NCAA Football Full Game 09/10/16 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I don't see how anyone could watch Saturday's game and not be appalled at UM's running game. It was pathetic to say the least. At one point Dierdorf said that if he had just come to the game and was told that the score was 44-14 UM and one team had a paltry 69 yards running and the other team had 275 yards running, he would have bet every last dime and future dime that UM was the team with over 200 yards rushing.

Comment

• On the nine wide D......

I probably characterized this incorrectly. Either way, CFU was all about 9 guys up front to stop the run.

I do agree with Stan. Rough outing for the run game. I thought the interior line got out played by CFU's front. Harbaugh disagrees but what does he know. Also thought too many DE plays missed by Newsome in passpro. Harbaugh disagrees with that too.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 4 of 5 highest offensive grades were on the OL.

Comment

• According to whom?

Comment

• PFF, wasn't it?

Comment

• UCF really loaded the box, UCF even had their deeper safety not far behind their LB'ers on not obvious passing situations. Results of the running game weren't good but I think that was mostly due to M's conservative playcalling with the huge cushion.

Speight's results were good but he's going to need good pass protection to continue to be as successful as he's been, he's not making the quickest decisions but he's making really good ones. Some people (broadcasters, mgoblog more so than here) questioned Harbaugh leaving him in too long but Speight needs very valuable, real game action time for his development.

Dymonte Thomas being overly aggressive was mostly responsible for the 80+ yard TD, that was a play that Thomas should always make the sure tackle rather than the big hit. Jarrod Wilson always made the sure tackle and I wish we still had him as a safety net.

Comment

• "http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state-university/2016/09/10/central-floridas-frost-we-outhit-michigan/90202632/"

Scott Frost "bragging" that his team hit hardest during the first half and continued to do so into the second half, talking about how he brought his boys into the Big House and kicked the shit out of a Harbaugh coached team. What a gargantuan dick! UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE.

Comment

• Let's schedule UCF & Frost again then.

Comment

Working...
                                X