Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado @ Michigan, Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll wait for the UFR on Speight, he seemed to face a lot of pressure and pass protection seemed to be an issue. Both from the OL/TE and RB's missing blitz pick-ups.

Comment

• UCF and Maryland going to OT

Comment

• Was UCF good or is Maryland bad?
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We thought both were bad; both are still bad?

Comment

• No one really knows fuck these first 3-4 weeks.

Comment

• We know that Mike D'Antoni is a bitch
              Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                We know that Mike D'Antoni is a bitch

Ha ha

Comment

• Good: Overcame adversity. DL. Peppers & Butt. Punt team.

Bad: 168 yds. rushing. Safeties.

Ugly: Kenny Allen. Speight's QBR - 34.4

This is a game until the Colorado QB goes out. We have essentially the same offense as last year without Jake Rudock. Speight will get crushed by teams with a pass rush. O'Korn can run, but he chooses that option way too early. Rashan Gary and Mike McCray are upgrades on defense, but then you have to subtract Dymonte Thomas.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I really disagree with the idea that we didn't have control of this game until their qb went down. Other than that one miracle pass, our defense only let up 7 points in the last 3 quarters. We came on as the game wore on. It was an ugly win, but one that actually made me feel like this team can face adversity and use its talent to overcome all but a few teams when not firing on all cylinders. It was exactly what this team needed...a good early season scare that didn't result in a loss or injury.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miracle pass? He was throwing ropes. He threw a TD to put them up 28-24 one play after he was injured. He stayed in, couldn't move, and was replaced by a green kid who played like a deer in headlights. It was game over right there.

Comment

• The qb hadn't done anything for a quarter before that throw.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                          Good: Overcame adversity. DL. Peppers & Butt. Punt team.

Bad: 168 yds. rushing. Safeties.

Ugly: Kenny Allen. Speight's QBR - 34.4

This is a game until the Colorado QB goes out. We have essentially the same offense as last year without Jake Rudock. Speight will get crushed by teams with a pass rush. O'Korn can run, but he chooses that option way too early. Rashan Gary and Mike McCray are upgrades on defense, but then you have to subtract Dymonte Thomas.

Agree with (Good)

Disagree with (Bad) 168 yards rushing has to be broken down into attempts and yards per rush. Big plays, of which I think there were 3, skew results. 33 rushing attempts @ 1.9y/attempt. It would also be nice to see this broken down by quarter. The D did a good job here.

Speight's QB rating after 3 games in one method of calculating it is 166.3. His completion rate is 63.7%. I'm not sure that the QBR you posted v. CU of 34.4 is accurate or what source is being used for that calculation.

ESPN has a unique way of calculating QBR for CFB QBs. I've linked to it below. His QBR in this calculation is 78.4 ranking him #14 nationally. If you scroll on the link to the upper Right Hand corner of the chart, there's an explanation of how the QBR is calculated in the ESPN rankings. For the single game v. CU his ESPN ranking was 58.4 - well below his overall number so, yeah not a great game but good enough.

Visit ESPN to view College Football Total QBR for the current and previous seasons

IMO, Speight did a good job v. CU D viewing it through the eyeball test. I think his performance was greatly aided by JH's play calling or maybe they are just on the same wavelength on play calls and he's making most of them. This early in the season and in his career as a starter, I don't think that is going to be true so, HARBAUGH!!!

I'm not sure about the S play. I'll wait for the play breakdowns by Brian at mgoblog to see what actually happened on those several big plays. Obviously, you hate to see those and those can be game changers ...... for a team that is in control but CU was NOT in control after the 1st quarter so those big plays tend to have less of an overall impact on the outcome and will definitely skew a fans view of the game overall - those are the ones we remember. We don't remember the 1.9y rushing/attempt because that's not as sexy as the big play. Nor do we remember the couple of dagger plays JH (probably) dialed up, most importantly answering CU's 70y TD toss with a quick TD of their own (3 plays I think it was).

I am sure about the poor OL play on the Left side that involves LT Grant Newsome and LG Ben Braden. Their performance in the UCF game was repeated v. CU and CU's DTs, DE, and Ss were way better than UCF's. IMO, if Drevno thought these two weren't growing/improving, we would have seen some shifting around on the OL. We didn't. We might see something v. PSU. I'm going to have to look more closely at the PSU D going into this game. Bottom line, the OL is not great, Bob, and that it was supposed to be a team strength is discouraging.

One other comment: You can look around at this site but the take-away for me (found on the BIG10 section of the page you're linked to below) is that after Saturday's games where MSU pretty much pounded ND and osu blew up OU, both playing away, has changed the predicted conference standings and W/L totals for M. MSU has closed and osu has opened with osu picked to win the conference and win at least 11 games with a shade toward going undefeated. M finishes second, winning 10 games and a shade towards 11.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think we still have our best football in front of us...which will need to be the case if we want a shot at beating MSU and/or OSU. Those games both look a lot tougher than they did a few weeks ago. Safety continues to be a worry, but eventually Jourdan Lewis, Taco and Mone will be back which will be huge boons to this defense. Lewis might actually give us some flexibility in how we deploy safeties on passing downs, but we'll see. I think the offense is going to have a similar result as last year...mediocre running game with an ascending passing game as the year progresses. The OL is what it is...mediocre run blockers and above average pass blockers. Recruiting on the OL needs to be much better and will continue to hold back our potential as a team in the future.

Still lots of season to play, but it feels like we're inevitably going to be just short of our goals this year. Still too many holes we're trying to cover for.

Comment

• Jet sweeps accounted for too much of the rushing total. Still waiting to see that Stanford type of physical run dominance. Yeah, I took the ESPN number. Speight played better later when he moved his feet, but he made a few throws that should have been intercepted. First game he didn't have wide open receivers and it showed.

Comment

• Agree with the above. Too many holes/lack of elite talent. As of right now, OSU looks head and shoulders above UM and will roll UM in Columbus.

Comment

Working...
                                X