Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm saying no matter what they are getting Alabama in, so when they say conference championships matter, they only matter if Alabama wins the conference championship. If they lose, all that lip service is forgotten. When they walked off the field after the Mercer slaughter they knew they were in.

Comment

• Correct. The idea of Sparty getting with the identical resume is hilariously farcical.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Shit they might send us to El Paso under those conditions because of brand!

Comment

• Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

So you think that if Alabama lost two games, one being a 31 point assraping by, say, Kentucky or Vanderbilt this year they would make the playoff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I'm saying they should have won their conference championship.

Comment

• But I will also say by my eye test that going to Kinnick to face an middling Iowa team is much more dangerous than going to Vandy or Kentucky.

Comment

• if Alabama lost two games, one being a 31 point assraping by, say, Kentucky or Vanderbilt this year they would make the playoff?

Atlanta, GA

Comment

• It would depend on how they stacked up against the other conference champions.

Comment

• We were supposed to be saved from this idiocy -- this cherry-picking of facts on a year-by-year basis to justify things. The BCS was supposed to stop that, and then the CFP was supposed to. The CFP failed in what seems to be its first significant challenge. Say what you will about the NCAA tournament; at least it's the same thing every year. Flawed process but far, far less so.

The quest continues.

Comment

• Alabama was in the final top 4 of both coaches and AP polls too, were hundreds of journalists and coaches paid off too?

[emoji6]

(This is fun)

Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        We were supposed to be saved from this idiocy -- this cherry-picking of facts on a year-by-year basis to justify things. The BCS was supposed to stop that, and then the CFP was supposed to. The CFP failed in what seems to be its first significant challenge. Say what you will about the NCAA tournament; at least it's the same thing every year. Flawed process but far, far less so.

The quest continues.
                        Correct, Whodean doesn?t understand that while he laughs at the expense at OSU, he doesn't realize it could happen to his team.

Alabama failed at winning their conference, it shouldn't have mattered what the polls said. In 2006 when there was a great argument for an OSU/Michigan rematch it was stated by Gary Danielson that you need to be a conference champion. He forgot to mention the Bama corollary.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Correct, Whodean doesn?t understand that while he laughs at the expense at OSU, he doesn't realize it could happen to his team.

It could. Maybe I would make claims that somebody paid off the committee in the same situation too. We'll find out some day. [emoji6]

Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Correct, Whodean doesn’t understand that while he laughs at the expense at OSU, he doesn't realize it could happen to his team.

I suppose that it could, but it sure doesn't seem likely.

Comment

• Ohio State was the first non conference champ to get in.

Alabama/The SEC was the 1st second conference team to get in.

Who will be the first team with two losses to get in? Probably won't be Bama. We have finished the regular season with one or fewer losses 9 of the last 10 years. The one year we had more, we went to the CapOne Bowl.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Ohio State getting in last year was a bad precedent. Winning a conference should be paramount.

Comment

Working...
                                X