Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're watching our language now?
    Ha ha !! Seriously I rarely use profanity outside message boards. Only if I bang my thumb with a hammer or something, or when a Michigan qb throw an int (oh wait )

I guess that's last one is a lot.

Comment

• Two things I don't understand: The apparent glee by some at MSU's problem and the blind defense by others.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• There are two things I hate: those intolerant of others' cultures.....and the Dutch.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA...

even someone from bama can understand the difference between people/friends messing around and someone being overly aggressive/personal. Normally this is where people pipe in about where to draw the line, what is fair and what is not and how much smarter they are than the mods (which isn't really a stretch) but hopefully there is at least some acknowledgement that tapping the brakes is better in the long run.. and we all get there, so this isn't about kstat or any one poster. Suggest International tractors are better than John Deer and I will tell you to go fuck yourself too
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Two things I don't understand: The apparent glee by some at MSU's problem and the blind defense by others.
            CGVT Do i really have to explain this one to you? really?

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
              AA...

even someone from bama can understand the difference between people/friends messing around and someone being overly aggressive/personal. Normally this is where people pipe in about where to draw the line, what is fair and what is not and how much smarter they are than the mods (which isn't really a stretch) but hopefully there is at least some acknowledgement that tapping the brakes is better in the long run.. and we all get there, so this isn't about kstat or any one poster. Suggest International tractors are better than John Deer and I will tell you to go fuck yourself too

I would think this was a post by Jeff if the syntax and grammar were better.

(Also, Massey ftw!)
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                CGVT Do i really have to explain this one to you? really?
                Yeah. Please do.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  Two things I don't understand: The apparent glee by some at MSU's problem and the blind defense by others.
                  It's not blind defense of MSU, I'm asking for more details before demanding someone lose their job over no evidence of wrongdoing.

If details emerge that either coach were burrying accusations and shielding their players from consequences there wont be any defense from me.

I read the report on ESPN, every case they highlight, law enforcement were involved. The two cases from last year involving 4 players were immediately suspended and are facing serious charges. More facts are needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    I would think this was a post by Jeff if the syntax and grammar were better.

(Also, Massey ftw!)

well, you don't have to be rude and call me Jeff.... that's really, really, really, really, really low
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yeah, Sparty has dealt with Title IX investigators and taken what those folks think are appropriate actions - for the non-Nasser stuff. Independently, it’s a nonstory. It’s only a story/problem if it’s piggybacked on to Nasser. Problem is there isn’t a connection other than it being the same school.

I actually know the Title IX investigator. She told me about her interviews with Izzo and Grumpy. I’ll ask her what she think next time I see her.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah. Please do.
                        I assume your joking. Its human nature

Comment

• That's it? Your glee is explained by human nature?

*sigh*

Comment

• Michigan fans hate MSU and (many) are happy or gleeful to see them go down. No matter how disgusting it is. Even if people were abused to make that happen. MSU as in the Penn State case will have many defending their case no matter what the facts say.

You see it in politics/business everyday (every hour). When you hate someone as long as they go down people really don't care how. Yeah I have no faith in humanity.

Comment

• The real hero in bringing Nassar to justice is Rachael Denhollander. She is someone who should be learned about in schools in the future.
                              So true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                ....... oh, stop. You're as bad as the arm waivers out there I referenced above.

Look, Dantonio is absolutely entitled to be pissed off as hell. He had no obligation to make a statement in the Nassar matter or anything involving his handling of allegations of sexual misconduct under Title IX. I think he did well.

Clearly, he's been rather forced to respond by all the irresponsible mutterings of the peanut gallery. I can pretty much assure you that the peanut gallery has no idea what the rules are regarding the processing of sexual misconduct allegations against athletes. Moreover, we don't know MSU's protocols for those having responsibility within the institution to address the allegations or whether or not Dantonio followed them.

So, step back and take a deep breath. As awful as the revelations regarding Nassar are, as emotionally wrenching the testimony of the female gymnasts against him, the Danonio/Izzo issues are distinctly separate from all that.

Like I implied up thread. It pisses me off that MSU's football and basketball coaches are getting swept up in an imbroglio over sexual misconduct that they may have had no involvement in whatsoever. Everyone's all lathered up about the horror of the Nassar affair. In that circumstance it is awful assuming that they do. It sucks. It is wrong and I'm sick of specific situations like this where males are getting terrorized by angry feminists undeservedly with social media and the press joining right in.
                                Jeff ... you and I root for different teams ... passionately. In real life we may/may not like each other, but after reading this I'd like to think that we'd get along ... ok ... except for one day a year.

I can appreciate someone observing and actually thinking about an issue instead of jumping to conclusions or making assumptions because you want the leader(s) of one of your rivals to be dicks.

As a State fan I've been saying for many years that MSU is lucky to have Izzo and Dantonio leading their respective teams. Both guys are the epitome of integrity. They both run clean programs and maybe they aren't the best coaches, but I think they are the best for MSU. Izzo has kicked guys off of his team for smoking pot, I'd like to think he'd kick a guy off the team for rape.

If ... and that's a big if ... either of them covered anything up, especially a rape situation then obviously they should be gone. I'm just having a hard time thinking that either of them would do something like that.

Regardless, I just wanted to say Thanks for being objective and for pointing out to some of your other Wolverine fans that they should be too.
                                Last edited by Masspartan; January 28, 2018, 01:05 AM.
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X