Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was from Brian MGOBLOG on X by the way

Comment

• Discussing this with some of my M football friends who are long term fans going back to the hay-days of Duffy Dougherty and George Perles (July 16, 1934 – January 7, 2020). Perles was a Bo disciple. He coached MSU from 1983 until he was fired in '94 over NCAA infractions. From this point forward, MSU's regents and administrators got very political and had a dark side with a penchant to hide dirty laundry until the Freep's investigative reporting arm dug out the dirt and made it public. Just google MSU scandals and 1/2 dozen pretty serious misbehaviors will pop up with the same kind of delayed public reporting of them as the Tucker Came scandal. It's seedy stuff with MSU, my friends all agree, having a bad rep for it. The Mel Tucker shit is both not unexpected but at the same time just another sad tale of outed misbehavior within the school and football program.

BTW, the conspiracy aversions that involve MSU "deciders" setting Tucker up by paying Ms. Tracy to make the allegations she did ring true given MSU's dark side. That it now appears that MSU admin wanted to keep all of this under wraps and did so for over 15 months until outed last weekend fits right in with the shady character of the program.

Edit: Tucker can do all the yelling and screaming he wants to do but the signed statements, text and phone call records (in the story from this weekend if these are accurate) where he admits he had phone sex with Ms. Tracy, "had a hard dick" thinking about her and then jacking off are going to sink his nasty ass. Good.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 11, 2023, 04:28 PM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Never fails. Can Sparty do anything without bringing up Michigan?

NO -

Mel Tucker Beats meat with phone sex with (rape victim) and still has to bring Jim Harbaughs name up. Tuck drags Jim Harbaugh into this situation in his statement talking about their relationship.

Jim Harbaugh was asked about it and here is his response. He has and wants no part of it.

Jim Harbaugh:

"Don't know a thing about it. I know Brenda Tracy, she's been -- I respect her a lot. She's done really good things. Talked to our team. As far as (the Mel Tucker news), not in a position to to weigh in on it. Have no understanding or facts of the matter."

Comment

• Sparty always puts themselves in Michigan's shadow. They like it there. They can cry and whine about anything, and retreat into the "poor little me" scenario.

The only Spartan coach in my lifetime that never allowed that to happen, was Duffy Daugherty. He just built a tough program, and stood on its accomplishments. Everybody since then has been a pretender, and that's putting it mildly.

I don't know how MSU can keep "TUCK!!!!!!!" at this point. If they somehow do, I can just imagine some of the signs that will appear in the stands when they go on the road.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            Sparty always puts themselves in Michigan's shadow. They like it there. They can cry and whine about anything, and retreat into the "poor little me" scenario.

The only Spartan coach in my lifetime that never allowed that to happen, was Duffy Daugherty. He just built a tough program, and stood on its accomplishments. Everybody since then has been a pretender, and that's putting it mildly.

I don't know how MSU can keep "TUCK!!!!!!!" at this point. If they somehow do, I can just imagine some of the signs that will appear in the stands when they go on the road.
            There 70+ million reasons to keep him.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

MSU has a “Moral Turpitude” clause in his contract. He can be fired for this cause and they won’t have to pay a dime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Its fine with me if they want to keep him. But, I can only imagine what its going to look like when he goes to a kids house to sit with the family, and try to persuade him to come to MSU.

If he stays, MSU will be the laughingstock of the college football world.

But if they're fine with that, so am I.

Comment

• I’m trying to enjoy some schadenfreude​ at Sparty’s expense, Jeff. Please take Ukraine to the appropriate thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tslisher View Post

MSU has a “Moral Turpitude” clause in his contract. He can be fired for this cause and they won’t have to pay a dime.
                    Yeah, the second MSU tries to do that, Tucker sues them. They wrangle a couple years on it and MSU CTCs for Tucker. My guess it will be between 15-45 million.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• This will end up in the courts and frankly...TUCKER!!!!!!! will probably win this money. Just the way it is.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        This will end up in the courts and frankly...TUCKER!!!!!!! will probably win this money. Just the way it is.
                        I think they reach a buyout. I doubt MSU would find any love from a jury after Larry Nassar.

Comment

• Isn't "TUCK's" salary being funded by some rich alum? Seems like I read that MSU isn't actually on the hook for his pay.

Anyway, I think what's happening right now behind the scenes is MSU is trying to work some sort of buyout with him and his lawyer.

The "investigation" is for show.

Comment

• Isn't "TUCK's" salary being funded by some rich alum?

Yes, donors Mat Ishbia and Steve St. Andre.

Too much to unpack here, they definitely had some relationship, 27 phone calls for around an hour, even cross-country calls - late at night. She said Tuck wanted to take her to Hotels and she said no. Tucker's incredibly dumb move will get him will be fired, FWIW I didn't want him canned this way, I wanted it on the field. The only thing we know for sure is that he burped his worm during the phone call.

Comment

• I guess now there's a claim that she sent him a suggestive picture of herself during the phone call in question.

Bottom line is everyone in the world knows he's fired on 10/5 or the day after. Given his spotty record as a head coach and the nature of his firing, he will never have a P5 HC job again. His best case, from a career prospective, is to probably lay low for a couple years and then end back up as a position coach at a lower level of football. IOW, he needs to wring out every dime of his contract with MSU because it's the last big payday he's gonna get. I imagine they will settle on an 8 figure number to avoid a long drawn out legal process that keeps MSU's name in the paper for all the wrong reasons.

It's also apparent that he does not plan to go quietly into the night so MSU and Brenda Tracy better make sure they have all their ducks in a row.

Comment

• He can become a P5 head coach again, especially if the harrassment aspect of the accusations turns out to be false or at least shaky.

What Bobby Petrino did at Arkansas was arguably worse and he was able to get another job.

Comment

Working...
                                X