Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Michigan State, Game Day - Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll win by a field goal. Maybe. The people here predicting blowouts are in for an unpleasant ride.

Comment

I see that the spirit of Drew Sharp has invaded your mind and soul

Comment

M's senior safeties have improved a great deal since the UCF & Colorado games where they gave up ~5 big plays between the two of them. They are learning from their mistakes and keeping plays in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
          M's senior safeties have improved a great deal since the UCF & Colorado games where they gave up ~5 big plays between the two of them. They are learning from their mistakes and keeping plays in front of them.
          Right. Plus both the UCF and Colorado games were blowout UM victories.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            We'll win by a field goal. Maybe. The people here predicting blowouts are in for an unpleasant ride.
            Let's discuss at this time tomorrow. I'm predicting a 60 point Michigan margin, you think that 3 points is optimistic. If the line is correct, you'll be closer.

Go Blue!

Comment

There's an awful lot of confidence here about a game against an opponent Michigan's lost seven of the last eight against. I'm going to be nervous about this one until Michigan is up by four touchdowns, and I might still be nervous after that. Dantonio's always gotten his teams to play their hardest against Michigan, and I don't expect any less from them today. Yes, they've been nothing like as good as they have been over the last seven years so far this season, but we've all seen rivalry games that didn't follow the script before.

Comment

It won't be a close game. Past performance is not indicative....and all that.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Just past history now, but I'll be nervous until the half, when we will be up by about 27-0. Then I'll relax a bit ;)

Final score - 45 - 10. Sparty gets a meaningless late score on a trick play against our 2nd string defense.

Comment

Past history and all; M is 68-35-5 vs Sparty. They don't have a chance in this one, they play Illinois & Rutgers soon so they might win a B1G game or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
                      There's an awful lot of confidence here about a game against an opponent Michigan's lost seven of the last eight against. I'm going to be nervous about this one until Michigan is up by four touchdowns, and I might still be nervous after that. Dantonio's always gotten his teams to play their hardest against Michigan, and I don't expect any less from them today. Yes, they've been nothing like as good as they have been over the last seven years so far this season, but we've all seen rivalry games that didn't follow the script before.
                      All logic says Michigan should win and win big. I'm still cautiously optimistic but, yes, anything is possible. Especially if they go goon and try to hurt Peppers.

Comment

• Last visit to E. Lansing. Brady Hoke and wimpy Michigan fans apologized for a hole in the turf:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U47MCZ5DJZg"]Michigan fans react to Saturday's stake planting on Spartan turf - YouTube[/ame]
                        Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 29, 2016, 09:31 AM.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Coach Groucho manufactures outrage and disrespect:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyfVz8AuwuU"]Michigan Football Drives Spike into Michigan State Turf - YouTube[/ame]
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The unit match-ups in this game are so one sided in favor of M that the only way this game stays close is, you know, EL/MSU mojo. Could happen but I think even in this match-up M can make some mistakes and overcome them.

I can almost dismiss MSU's 7 wins in the last 8 years as establishing a basis for concern in this game. M has sucked before Harbaugh and there was no way they were going to beat a good MSU team let alone an average one under RR and Hoke.

This is such a different team with a different work ethic and mind set. Going back to some of Schebechler's best years, it's a lot like that. The players expect to win. When you think back on that time and think about how we as fans went into games, to lose was just shocking. A decade of suck drained that out of me. Wins were the shocking outcome and losses were, well, you have to admit, sort-of expected .... not at first, that expectation about winning persisted until it was painfully obvious what was happening to the once proud and successful Wolverine football program.

We're into year two of an improbable rapid reversal and I think it's natural for fans to be influenced by the last decade of painful to watch M football. But Harbaugh isn't there and I suspect neither are his players. This one's a win.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Michigan 30
                              MSU 7.

M will dominate on defense and the offense will put up an expected performance (30-40 points).
                              Lets flip the offensive line play in the M vs MSU series as opposed to the Brady Hoke era and see 6-8 sacks by the M defense in a win. Letz go TACO!
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I get the nervousness about state and dantonio. However, this is a Harbaugh UM team. There is no way the team comes out flat or overlooks state. If sparty wins, they will have to play better and earn it.

Comment

Working...
                                X