Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ osu, Game day and Post Game Discussion (Closed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The comment from the ref about how ``you would have gotten a technical if it was a basketball game'' was oddly comforting. These guys aren't evil or sinister. They are just fucking remarkably incompetent. They weren't biased. Just complete fucking idiots, seemingly blissfully unaware of what an unbalanced game they'd called. Again: pay them properly, make them full-time employees, and demand accountability. Until then, they can and should be called out in public for that crap, and this stuff needs to be coached for. Our players have played too often on third down like they are daring the refs to throw the flag. And on punts.
    Last edited by hack; November 26, 2016, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Re coaches, and risk -- both coaches took some crazy risks and were remarkably conservative at other times. Credit to Meyer for a greater amount of discipline in that regard. He waited for the right times to really take a crazy risk, and did a better job playing the odds. Patience paid off. Harbaugh was very uneven, it strikes me, in his balance of risk and conservatisim.

Comment

• Good comment about Peppers and overratedness. Not on defense, mind you, but I was really disappointed in how he was used on offense this year. Very unimaginative. Not enough slot, not enough TB. Only stuff there wast enough of was the stuff everybody figured out.
        Last edited by hack; November 26, 2016, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Buckeye Paul says refs corrupt. Others say incompetent.

Comment

• Kudos to Don Brown for today, BTW. It wasn't until today that I bought into the mgoblog-level hype. Dude earned every bit of praise available for today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
              Buckeye Paul says refs corrupt. Others say incompetent.
              Nobody fucking cares about Buckeye Paul. Beyond tomorrow we probably won't ever see him again here. Class act, that Buckeye Paul. One heck of a guy.

Comment

• I agree with Hack that result was arbitrary. Teams were evenly matched.

Congrats to OSU. Great game.

Comment

• I care about Buckeye Paul. He's a good guy. And it was a good game -- just didn't go our way. And he agrees that we deserved to win, as he claims refs were corrupt.

Comment

• Congrats to Meyer in particular. He was really patient and consistent in the way he bided his time and then took chances. Perhaps just as much lucky as he was good, but sometimes that's what it takes.

We'll get ours soon enough.

Comment

• Yes, the Peppers wildcat results were disappointing. We deserved to lose on that basis alone. Hope Harbaugh and co have learned a lesson.

Comment

• If Peppers was any threat at all to throw the ball, the wildcat might have a chance. Instead you're running into 9 in the box. Stupidity even when it works.

Comment

• Good stuff. Lol. Hate tOSU but the M bitchin is priceless lol...the interference calls...meh...judgement calls. Either could be ruled either way. The 4th down spot was close but looked to me to be not enough to overturn.

HARBAUGH!!!

Stop whining. Great game. Great teams. Classic battle. Don't ruin it with your incessant crybaby antics.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                            How dare you call me Buckeye Paul? 😳

Everyone at ESPN/in the media have a hard-on for osu, and the agenda was for them to make the playoffs for a rematch with Bama, come hell or high water.
                            That coupled with a fear of escaping that shithole alive had they overturned the 4th down stop.

Just my opinion, of course. What's your take on it?
                            Why the hell would ESPN give a shit if it's M or tOSU in the CFP? Good Lord come up with something better than that. Trust me...I hate the vermin...aka tOSU...but really? I was wanting M to win bad...and if anything a M-Bama title game has more appeal IMHO...you guys are better than this...hard fought game...two dead even teans...let it go.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• On M's FG drive in the 1st quarter they had 3rd down inside the 10 -- maybe even 3rd and goal -- it wasn't a short 3rd down. They brought in Peppers. Ran him out of the wildcat and kicked the FG. I thought that was the single worse play call in the entire game by a mile. I couldn't believe it when I say Speight coming out of the game.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Only if you eliminate the fake punt call.

Comment

Working...
                                X