Michigan vs. FSU, Orange Bowl, 8pm, ESPN, Game Day - Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Agreed, I don't think you can go by number of flags. It's open-and-shut that the refs wouldn't have had to look hard to find more things to flag, and in fact they would have only had to have looked on third downs. But you can't go by number of flags. Even in the famous Lakers/Kings game from the 2002 WCF, the Kings were whistled for just six more fouls. Whether conspiracy or accideent, it's never the total amount of calls. It's the whens and wheres and hows.

You make a good point about Iowa. There's nothing that really and truly points to it being a conspiracy. It's just a system that needs improving. On some days you get a really skewed result that really and truly drives that home.
    The reference to the number of flags was to support the fact that if the fix were in, they had "room" to throw so more without much notice. I can guarantee you, if I were a dirty ref, the game would have been over at the end of regulation and there would be no need for any OT. In fact, Ohio State would have won by double digits, because I promise I would have found a hold on most M TDs and a targeting or hands to the face when M stopped the Bucknuts on 3rd down until the game was in the bag for "my" team.

So, no conspiracy, just incompetence? I guess. I haven't seen the game in its entirety, but what I did see didn't have a lot that needed to be "fixed".

On a larger scale, this is some classic Kubler-Ross stuff.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• What about a sideline warning? This was fairly tame compared to Bo and Woody

Comment

• I agree. The NCAA has made a concerted effort in the last 10 years to clean up the sidelines though. Today both Woody and Bo may not have made it to the second quarter lol...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So, no conspiracy, just incompetence? I guess.

That's what I've been saying. Conspiracy, in that planned and secret way we think of it, is a heck of a thing to allege, even if it is by just one or two members of the crew.

Comment

• M's offensive coordinator is Jim Harbaugh. M losing Drevno will hurt the OL's development more than their offense as Drevno is an excellent offensive line coach.

Comment

• Having 3 Ohioans as officials in The Game seems a lil' fishy and the results of the officiating were predictable.

Comment

• One bad call = Incompetence

Man I would love to be your boss for a day.

You're Fired!
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I believe there was at least one Michigan resident on the crew....but I thought I read only two were from Ohio...I want to say one was from Cincy and one from Athens...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I appreciate Wiz's insights on this issue (Yeah I actually mean that--strange ain't it?)

Comment

• Can you explain this one? The officials is looking right at this roughing.

[ame]https://twitter.com/JoshLaFond/status/803352701149073408[/ame]

Comment

• Wow thanks Stan!

still in shock
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          Can you explain this one? The officials is looking right at this roughing.

https://twitter.com/JoshLaFond/statu...52701149073408
                          Looks like hitting a defenseless player...not roughing.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Must not have had the right angle for this one too

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                              I appreciate Wiz's insights on this issue (Yeah I actually mean that--strange ain't it?)
                              Yes, a shill for refs calling the forum homers when it comes to officiating. Breath of fresh air!

Comment

• hitting a defenseless player...not roughing.
                                Fine, is not that a penalty? The official is right in front of the cheap shot, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X