No announcement yet.

Michigan vs. FSU, Orange Bowl, 8pm, ESPN, Game Day - Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to see it against Sparty for a fucking change. We haven't played a quality game against them since John L. Smith's last year, and God only knows if that's because we played hard or MSU just quit on him that year..

Comment

• Agreed. But if there's one team you'd think we'd see this against, it's OSU. What can't go on will not -- they will come back down to Earth, and I won't be shocked in the slightest if it ends with some significant rules violations discovered. But we need to get in some damn wins before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        I won't be shocked in the slightest if it ends with some significant rules violations discovered...
        That already happened. Urban Meyer was their punishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          That already happened. Urban Meyer was their punishment.
          He's outrecruiting Alabama and he's in a state that condones cheating. No reasonable expectation of anything else but cheating, therefore. They'll get caught. I just want some wins first.

Comment

• They were already caught. There was no punishment and there never will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              They were already caught. There was no punishment and there never will be.
              There will never be a punishment appropriate for the violations committed. But there will be punishment.

Comment

• I agree with Hannibal. They didn't get punished; they got rewarded. Tressel was carried like some conquering Roman general for his sins, and now the program is at a never before seen level. If they get caught for any violations, they'll probably be punished with a 5 year automatic inclusion into the college football playoff and each of their opponents will have to sit 3 starters on both offense and defense.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• How is Ohio State cheating? Is this some sorta visceral, "I just KNOW they are! They've got to be!" or is there any evidence or even some real smoke?
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Former players admitted the massive amount of smoke around the program was just the tip of the iceberg. NCAA didn't find anything other than what everyone already knew.

Comment

• This was under Tressel? And disgruntled players saying OSU was dirty?

If so, I don't think that things like that count as proof in future years with different coaches. Like the Fab Five with M or getting a competitive advantage by over practicing in football or ...well, anything done in the past doesn't mean that it continues under another coach in later years. Absent some substantive proof...
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I had to take a break from the Christmas music yesterday- long enough to catch "Tiebreaker" (on BTN) about the 1973 tie and the still unknown dealings that kept an undefeated Michigan team out of the Rose Bowl. It was good to see that hatred of Ohio doesn't even take Christmas off.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• FWIW I don't think that there is evidence that Meyer runs dirty. He has been at four programs now with no suspicious shenanigans coming to light. OSU has a cheating culture to be sure, but I don't know that Meyer is an active participant the way that Tressel was.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              This was under Tressel? And disgruntled players saying OSU was dirty?

If so, I don't think that things like that count as proof in future years with different coaches. Like the Fab Five with M or getting a competitive advantage by over practicing in football or ...well, anything done in the past doesn't mean that it continues under another coach in later years. Absent some substantive proof...
                              Important reminder -- we gave back those hours at a 2:1 ratio. We are the only program in the past decade outside of maybe USC for whom the penalty for cheating was adequate. And in our case, it should be called "cheating", since I'd bet my balls that we aren't the only program in the country with improper counting of stretching and other inanities. Not to mention, the investigation that found our violations was started under completely false pretenses by a lying piece of shit journalist in a blatant, intellectually dishonest hit piece. I can't believe that we didn't completely ban the Free Press from all future events, but we should have. But of course we are the nice guys with no balls and no instinct for self preservation.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; December 26, 2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_suLE5YbQ2s"]Watch Cris Carter Tell NFL Rookies To ?€œGet A Fall Guy?€? - YouTube[/ame]

Nothing new in C-bus.

Comment

Working...
                                X