Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    We rode McGary to the Final Four, which is a pretty legit result. Not at all the bare minimum. As time passes that finals loss is going to be harder and harder to stomach. Shoulda been ours.
    True but he didn't get a lot of minutes in the season right before that (only 20 min/game average on the season). And after that NC game, that was pretty much it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Strange is a good word for it. Odd combination of on the field and brilliant, yet never a transcendent moment or a play that just blew up the game for us.
      Yeah this. Only two turnovers forced, 1 return TD, and 5 TDs on offense. Not a very big highlight reel. He was an excellent player who we never found the optimal use for.

Comment

• He was an excellent player who we never found the optimal use for.

Right. Precisely. And, on offense, that's just weird. Not supposed to be that way with Harbaugh in charge, but it was.

Comment

• The PepCat was a big error of judgement and very disappointing. The coaches overestimated how successful it was going to be against good teams and underestimated how much defensive coordinators would adjust to it. It was an Al Borges-like thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            The PepCat was a big error of judgement and very disappointing. The coaches overestimated how successful it was going to be against good teams and underestimated how much defensive coordinators would adjust to it. It was an Al Borges-like thing to do.
            Absolutely.

Maybe Harbaugh's biggest stain to date was repeating that play with two, maybe three if you count a double reverse (saw it faked but Peppers kept) options ...... it was a ZR play that I saw work once or twice in the early season. After that, stoned.

The worst use of that play was from inside the 5y line GTG. Horrible.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• From Iowa on the season felt Borgesian.

Comment

• Both Drevno and Wheatley are interested in the Western Michigan job. I think I'd rather lose Drevno. Wheatley has been our best recruiter this year. I thought Wheatley wanted to be an OC. I wonder if he feels he won't get the opportunity under Harbaugh.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Interesting developments with Wheatly and Drevno. I'm not sure it's a net + for either of them to leave. There is something important about staff stability both in recruiting and evolution of Harbaughffense.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Wheatley has suppposedly said that he's not interested in the job. He'll be here for a little while longer. I think that it would be a mistake for him to take another job without being a stand-alone OC at Michigan first. Get some good solid years under his belt first and then choose a job with the right timing.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; January 12, 2017, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Does Pep step in as OC if Drevno scoots?
                      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Start scouting OL position coaches.

Comment

• Amen hack.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Attrition from the coaching staff is very much expected at strong programs... How much attrition did Hoke & RR have from their staffs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
                              Does Pep step in as OC if Drevno scoots?
                              Play calling came from the cabal of Harbaugh, Drevno and Fisch. There really wasn't one OC other than Harbaugh. Pretty sure, he came up with the game plan and then listened to what the other two had to say about it as the game unfolded. JH said on multiple occasions that all three of them called plays.

Hamilton was hired into the same position Jedd Fisch held - Assist. HC/passing coordinator. I don't think Harbaugh will change the management of the offense. If Drevno leaves he'll hire an OL coach with the tile Asst. HC/offensive line (and whatever additional duties Drevno had).

Comment

• According to NFL columnist Alez Marvez, Tyrone Wheatley will be leaving Michigan to take the Jacksonville Jaguars RB job. (shit)

Comment

Working...
                                X