Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Clark was denied a sixth year of eligibility.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Tough break, but as I understand it, it's the right call and I never expected him to get one. I was kind of puzzled as to why everyone was assuming he would be back.

Comment

• Greg Frey coming back?

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
          Greg Frey coming back?
          If this works out, possibly the best news in a while. If anything, this tips us off that Harbaugh knows there's a problem with the OL that is not going to get better without some serious attention to it ...... how could he not know that!
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hmmm this was reported last week I must have posted it on another board, anyway Frey is a pure zone scheme guy. What interests me is how this effects the offense. Just a semi-educated guess, but think it points to switching to more of a inside power zone scheme similar to Alabama. Simplifies schemes and assignments. Will put a very high premium on Center position.

Comment

• F'ing awesome!

Spring practice and game in Rome, Italy. Who else does shit like this.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Just a cynical ploy to recruit more Italians.

Comment

• ha

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                    Hmmm this was reported last week I must have posted it on another board, anyway Frey is a pure zone scheme guy. What interests me is how this effects the offense. Just a semi-educated guess, but think it points to switching to more of a inside power zone scheme similar to Alabama. Simplifies schemes and assignments. Will put a very high premium on Center position.
                    That's good take, WingsFan. I don't see this as a complete change in offensive philosophy as much as I see it as adding another level of complexity to Harbaughffense. Zone blocking techniques were used in some of Lloyd Carr's tweaks so, this kind of thing is nothing new.

Whether or not the OL can be good at both and not terrible - the jack of all trades, master of none thing - is a big question mark for me. There are plenty of examples of NFL OLs using both and using them effectively. Dallas uses them with Ezekial Elliot and they run a ton of very effective IZ/OZ plays with him. But that is NFL caliber OL ....... a far cry from what M is lining up these days.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 23, 2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• If Frey is coming, then that is great news. I was afraid that he would go to OSU.

Comment

• OSU has an OL coach.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah but hasn't there been chatter about him "moving on"?

Comment

• Studrawa? No, not that I'm aware of.

Warriner was their OL coach. Moved to Co-OC. They then brought in Studrawa (last year). So Warriner's departure to Minnesota was for Wilson (who, I guess can also coach OL if needed).
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• OK never mind. I thought they were going to have to back fill Warriner.

Still, I love the Frey hire if it happens. And if there is any system transitioning to do, 2017 is a great year to do it.

Comment

• Hamilton's salary will be $1 million in the first three years of his deal before he gets a bump to $1.25 million in 2020. He's getting a $150,000 signing bonus and is eligible for retention bonuses of $450,000 in April 2018 and $250,000 the following year.

Comment

Working...
                                X