Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 100 overall I call blue chippers... OSU and bama fans might disagree.

Comment

• Evaluating QBs is hard, in my experience. A 4* is just as likely to excel as a 3*.

Remember Drew Henson? Supposed to be the blue chipper of all time, but ended up as nothing compared to the average 4* Tom Brady.

Also, compare our success last year (10-3) with "walk-on caliber" Wilton Speight in his first year as opposed to Georgia (8-5) with 5* Jacob Eason.
      Last edited by Detroit Dan; August 25, 2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Remember Drew Henson?
        Last M QB to win in Columbus. Would have been a front runner for the Heisman if he stayed. Your way shorting him, George Steinbrenner was a big osu fan.

Comment

• Drew Henson would've been 'great' if Steinbrenner didn't pay him to forgo his senior season. His suppose to be senior season, M was NT caliber with him.

Comment

• Yea its an old story, Lloyd playing Brady in the 1Q and Henson in the 2Q - no matter what the score or how Brady played. Then he stabbed Carr in the back (and m fans) before his senior season. That could have been a special year if he stayed (as he promised).

Comment

• No doubt, Henson is squarely in the "could have been an all-time great" category. He had a great arm and was athletic and could run. I think time has made people forgot how good he was - and the fact that he only started 8 games (I think) his junior year.

Comment

• Yeah, Navarre started and lost the UCLA game himself as a true freshman in 2000...

Purdue (drive killing whistles) & Northwestern (Anthony Thomas fumble) were atop the B1G that season, M's only B1G losses.

Comment

• RS Freshman, but he wasnt ready

Comment

• Henson certainly didn't pan out as a pro QB. So if had such great talent, what happened?

Comment

• He spent too much time playing baseball, and not enough on his football skills. The fact that he even made pro rosters given his limited number of college games speaks to what the NFL thought of his athleticism and potential.

Comment

• M for as long as I can remember (starting with Harbaugh) through Navarre always had talent around their QB's; WR/RB/OL/TE...

Drew Henson benefited from this, unlike Devin Gardner and less so, Chad Henne. OL talent near the end of Carr's tenure kept getting worse and worse.

Comment

• First episode of Inside Michigan Football, 2017 season.

[ame]https://youtu.be/qxfr6giI7yg[/ame]
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Saw the new alternate jersey. I don't like it

Silimar to West Virginia

Last edited by MVPJ05; August 27, 2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• The uniform is said to be inspired by recent alternative uniforms Nike created for the LA Rams, as seen below. Jim Harbaugh was said to be the driving force behind choosing the all-maize look.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X