Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMMFAO. I mean, ok -- the cannon ball helmets OSU wore last season in dispatching UNL and M were god-fucking-awful. To replace an iconic helmet with the most boring helmet imaginable was no bueno.

But, holy hell, going all yellow is just bad. I guess the upside is that it's not the RichGOD High Viz yellow but instead the more traditional Maize. But, still....

Anywho, if HARBAUGH!!!! designed them, well, then HARBAUGH!!!!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It'll be an eyesore and embarrassing to wear all MAIZE. Worse than those bumblebee uniforms during RR.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
        ....... Worse than those bumblebee uniforms during RR.
        Nothing was worse than those uniforms, nothing. To me they looked like prisoner uniforms.

Not my favs but I can live with these.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Here they are..

Comment

• Smacks of more tasteful Oregon Ducks garb during their hay-day with Nike.

Not awful.

At least they didn't fuck with the helmets.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Terrible. Fucking terrible.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Pretty gross.

Comment

• What are you doing, M? Leave your uni alone. First the basketball player/UNC alum silhouette and now the Oregon of the Western Conference?

Disgraceful.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• FTR These are throwbacks from 1928 vs Navy - You should know that AA, weren't you a Navy fan then?

Comment

• Navy fan? No, no degree from there.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Way up thread (or maybe in another thread, can't remember), I posted comments about M's run game being unique and hard to defend. In an article by the guy that does Neck Sharpies (Seth) at mgoblog, he puts together an informative piece that fleshes this out in detail. (no link, you know where it is)

The best part of it was a video of Harbaugh's Stanford unit with Luck at QB smash Oregon via the run game with the kind of offense that I think is going to be THE offense in 2017. It isn't flashy and doesn't put up gaudy numbers; its just efficient. Remember, per Connelly of Fancy Stats, efficiency not big plays is the key to winning.

I also found Seth's analysis of Speight (which is probably why he is starting) fits the kind of QB pay needed for Harbaughfense ........ on passing plays, a QB who can survey the field, analyse who is getting open and who isn't and make plays. If we've got Peters figured out, he's not yet intense and focused enough to do what JH needs his QB in his system do.

On the RBs/Receivers, Seth discusses why JH wasn't going to run a Stanfordized offense in 2015/16 and why his recruiting and development since then, shows us the direction he's taking the offense ...... to a Stanford like offense if not a little bit more NFLized look.

Good read if you like Xs and Os.

Comment

• Fugly! Thought we were done with this crap when Brandon left.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The best part of it was a video of Harbaugh's Stanford unit with Luck at QB smash Oregon via the run game with the kind of offense that I think is going to be THE offense in 2017.
                            He found video from the one time out of four HARBAUGH!!!!! didn't get run off the field by Oregon's spread? HARBAUGH!!!! might have won at national title at Stanford if he didn't get outscored 49-10 over the final 3 quarters by the Oregon spread machine in 2010.

Ah, that felt good. I won't sass again on this thread, but it's almost kickoff time -- it needed to be done!

Comment

• I can't quote specifics on Stanford's D in those four games. But, clearly, Oregon's offense at it's best was difficult to stop for any team. Since that era, defenses have adapted to the kind of spread to run offense that the Duck's featured.

BTW STFU ....... can't wait to welcome you boys to AA.

Comment

• I dunno. Oregon was held to 15 by Cal and 22 by Auburn that season. So, it was certainly possible.

But, correct re spready offenses getting stopped. The hellraisers from Alabama put the beatdown on Clemson's gimmicky shit. Heh.

Anyway, yes, the road game will be very difficult for UFM. Hopefully M is as charming hosts as they were in 2015.

Comment

Working...
                                X