Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap! When Ty Isaac went to the locker room, I was just hoping to get through the game without any more injuries. The Air Force kicker missed a FG attempt, and it was just mop up time thereafter. Tarik Black was hurt with 3:20 left on the play clock. I wonder if Nico Collins is ready...
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I'd bet Martin before Collins....but could be wrong.

Comment

• Yeah, you'd have to think the most game-ready WR recruit in the history of the B10 would get in before Collins :-)
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Is that something you saw once on Twitter, now it's UM fan law?

Comment

• Nah, just the foremost M fan blog. But, yeah, whatever...

Martin is the most polished guy in the country and should be instantly useful

And I only know of what was in that lengthy post b/c Dan was over here extolling the awesomeness of Martin based on said post.

Unrelated, Dan should post more. In all seriousness. He's good people. Post more, Dan!

Comment

• Fucking Mblog always fucks me right in the ass when I call you out for saying dumb shit. Fuck me.

Comment

• I'm a staunch practitioner of supported sassery.

More Dan; less kstat.

Comment

• That goes without saying.

Comment

• Eh -- every team's got that kinda coverage. I do think mgoblog is better when appropriately skeptical, and that skepticism isn't what it used to be. But they're not special.

Comment

• TBF Martin's measurables are off-the-charts ridiculous and that's not even the stuff that he gets praised for.

Comment

• Martin has been battling an injury, not sure if he's healthy yet. Schoenle is a possibility if he's moved from the slot, DPJ, Nico...

M's run game only looks competent because of a handful of big gains. When it's mattered (in the red zone) they can't move the ball on the ground, and they only throw the ball in passing situations (2nd/3rd & long)...

Comment

• I really like Mgoblogs style. They are fans and wrote as such. They are informed and try to stay away from hot takes, but they aren't necessarily bound by "being neutral". It's sports, not nuclear war. It's ok to have some fun.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Not so much x and os - but, I have had some interesting chats with a guy im doing some business with (most likely for 2-3 years). He is very close to the teams Chaplin. Harbaugh asked the Chaplin to start attending all road games this year. We talked Michigan football a lot and also Harbaugh (all good) with the Chaplin.

This guy also live literately about as close to Michigan Stadium as possible, he walks to the games and charges 65$ for parking spots in his yard. We were talking, I might go to the MSU night game and hang out after (and before) at his house.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                              I really like Mgoblogs style. They are fans and wrote as such. They are informed and try to stay away from hot takes, but they aren't necessarily bound by "being neutral". It's sports, not nuclear war. It's ok to have some fun.
                              Sure. They do, and should. And sometimes they really shine as examples of modern journalism more ethical than the traditional models. Coaching searches are an excellent example. Instead of selling insider nonsense to drive clicks and revenue, like the NFL bullshitters, they've got a model based on honest transacting that still gets them plenty of clicks, and raise nice amounts of direct subscriber revenue through the annual preview. It's a far more honest business model.

But they do have a very strong editorial voice, and are hard to move off it when need be. That's good when it's Hoke and they are from the start pointing out what a nepotism hire is is; somewhat bad when it's now and they just don't want to really open up on Speight. I think they're frank about him, but would kinda rather not talk about it. Overall I agree with the policy of frying coaches but kid gloves when it comes to players not measuring up. And most teams probably don't have a blog this good, so it's not real/serious criticism unless you're talent and insist that there is no room for human error amongst the Michigan community. But it is fair to note that they're a little bit pollyanna right now. I think they are at their best when M's AD and coaching staff are shit. Which is to say that we don't want them at their best...

Comment

• I like the blog. It's a good fan blog. So, it's not surprising when they offer extremely rose-colored takes of the kids nor is it particularly surprising when they go pollyanna. However, they are the "site of record" for M fans, IMO. While CFB fanbases aren't monolithic, that blog speaks for a large amount of the folks, as opposed to some random twittering.

As for the M community, given my experience re their team and mine, I'd phrase it more as I insist their should be room for something other than human error amongst the M community, and I have my fingers crossed that one day I'll see it. I've been waiting 20 years to see it from The Wizard and AlabamAlum, so I'm a patient man.

Comment

Working...
                                X