Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Harbaugh tells Don Brown who plays on defense? I'm sure Harbaugh makes QB decisions, but not so sure about LB decisions.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      there is a long list of quarterbacks who look great when they come in against an unprepared team and falter when the next opponent is adaquately prepared.
      Good point. It's going to be an interesting 2 weeks. Harbaugh is not going to help MSU by revealing who his starting QB will be, which is going to infuriate those who think O'Korn as the starter is a no-brainer. If it is JOK, we'll see how he plays under the lights in prime time versus a rival. It's often easier to perform coming off the bench because you have no time to think and get nervous.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
        I think we really miss Smith this year.
        About as much as we missed Speight last Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          About as much as we missed Speight last Saturday.
          Heh...... but seriously, a completely accurate statement.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Isaac still goes down at first contact, still, but he wouldn't help with our OL.

Comment

• Isaac doesn't run straight towards to sideline to avoid any contact like the last couple seasons...

Pass protection by the running backs is a big issue, more so because the OL is awful. That's why Deveon Smith was the starter all last season, also why I assumed Chris Evans hasn't received as many carries. Isaac has had troubles too.

Comment

• Wasn't Smith better at pass protection?
                Maybe but he is the one who miss the block in the osu game for the pick 6

It's often easier to perform coming off the bench because you have no time to think and get nervous.
                Thats a good point, was thinking the same thing. JOK could come out vs Sparty to hyped up. Good idea for some easy passes early on and a boot leg run for him. Just like hockey the goalies need to feel the puck hit him before they can settle down.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  Isaac doesn't run straight towards to sideline to avoid any contact like the last couple seasons...

Pass protection by the running backs is a big issue, more so because the OL is awful. That's why Deveon Smith was the starter all last season, also why I assumed Chris Evans hasn't received as many carries. Isaac has had troubles too.
                  He still runs like he's 180lbs vs 230lbs.

Comment

• Deveon Smith more than made up for whatever advantage he earned in pass protection by being a crappy, slow, plodding running back with crappy vision who averaged less ypc behind last year's offensive line than the trio of Higdon, Smith, and Evans are averaging behind this year's offensive line.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; September 26, 2017, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Isaac is super easy to tackle and avoids contact. He'd do better in Big 12.

Comment

• Evans is my favorite amongst the running backs this year and last (Drake Johnson before that). Perhaps this is more a matter of personal taste as commenters to seem to be all over the place with regard to running backs.

You may be right, Rocky, with regard to Don Brown choosing who plays on defense. I get the feeling there's a team philosophy with regard to seniority v talent, but that the QBs are in a category of their own.

It's possible that our QBs were victims of crappy play calling and coaching until the 2nd half of the Purdue game, when they were forced to open up. As long as Speight was the starter, they should have encouraged him to come out firing. The conservative approach seems to have created the QB controversy they've been desparate to avoid.

I'm still waiting to see why Crawford gets so many looks and touches as a wideout and returner. Neither Crawford nor McDoom have done much as receivers. Nate Johnson and Brad Hawkins moved to defense, so I'm pretty sure we're loaded at wide receiver, even with Black injured.

Comment

• I still don't get why Evans isn't a multi-tool, instead of a slightly small feature back platooning with two others. He's shifty with the ball in hand. Maybe he truly just can't catch.

Comment

• You know the mgoblog articles called One Frame at a Time, right? It's the one you vote for the best .gif. We'll it's been up now for a couple of hours.

One of the .gifs that got honorable mention (it won't be voted on as best of the bunch) was Jim Harbaugh supposedly telling JOK, "Look at me (on the sidelines), I'm the one that makes the calls." Why would he say this? Did JOK audible outside of the plays he was given for a particular down?

We've all heard or been told, all the plays go through Harbaugh. I don't know which series or play the tongue lashing from Harbaugh took place. I find it interesting that it appears that JOK got scolded for changing the play.

That bothers me. JOK is the one under center. If he sees the D deployed in a certain way and audibles from say an IZ call that's not going to work against 9 guys in the box to a short, high probability of success pass play over the heads of the LBs who are crowding the LOS, go for it.

Anyway, for whatever reasons, the offense was more efficient when it was run by O'Korn than it has been in the previous 3 games before Purdue when it was run by JH and Speight who is the kind of guy that is going to do exactly what JH tells him to do. That says something.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You got all of that from a gif?

Comment

• I don't know the answer Jeff, but it was immediately after the Isaac touchdown.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X