Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you not keeping track, this piece from Maze and Brew has some relevance. It's not great because it lacks the whys and wherefores and doesn't tell us a lot that we don't already know. Link below provides a good recap of the QB recruiting since Hoke (a mess, along with the OL ...... hmmmmmm???). To me, it looks like Harbaugh might be in the market for a transfer to improve depth with Speight gone in 2018. He's 50/50 in that department with Ruddock and O'Korn. Not great, Bob.

What’s Coming Next

Speight is eligible to return in 2018 (Nope), but there is no reason to believe that Peters will not be the guy next season (Yep). McCaffrey could be finally ready to go, and if that is the three-headed competition Michigan is looking at, they should be in decent shape at the position.

Joe Milton, a four-star with perhaps the most raw arm talent of any of these guys, will be heading to Ann Arbor in the 2018 class, but it is going to take time with him. His mechanics are a huge work in progress. Three-star Kevin Doyle will also be joining him.

Whoever emerges has almost the entire team back from this past season, so it will be interesting to see how they develop.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Good riddance to Speight. OKorn should get Christmas cards from him for the rest of his life for making people forget just how awful he was.

Comment

• I'm happy that Speight's moving on. It's an indication of Peters' standing. I sure would have liked to see this year's Speight with the running game that Peters had. That would have been fine.

Comment

• I think we are going to wish Speight was sticking around. Even if Peters was starting would be good to have him backing up.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• That's a very good point.

Comment

• Peters only had good running games vs shit. Sp8 would have looked fantastic...till he played a good team on the road.

Comment

• Good riddance to Speight. OKorn should get Christmas cards from him for the rest of his life for making people forget just how awful he was.
                Maybe 23 year old Sp8 can be a 'ok' qb in the mac or something like Morris did.

Comment

• The running game was fine yesterday. When people say that O'Korn needed to be just slightly better, that's what Speight would have been. Would have missed some reads and threw high plenty of the time, but would have also connected on a few key ones.

Comment

• Yep and throw in a couple pick 6

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      The running game was fine yesterday. When people say that O'Korn needed to be just slightly better, that's what Speight would have been. Would have missed some reads and threw high plenty of the time, but would have also connected on a few key ones.
                      I would have liked to see it. Certainly unlikely to play as poorly as Korn did.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Speight should transfer to Central Michigan ... Shane Morris led them to an 8-4 season. Now they need a QB for 2018.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
                          I think we are going to wish Speight was sticking around. Even if Peters was starting would be good to have him backing up.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                          Better to have McCaffery backing him up so we won?t be wasting possible backup QB reps on a below average 5th year senior.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            The running game was fine yesterday. When people say that O'Korn needed to be just slightly better, that's what Speight would have been. Would have missed some reads and threw high plenty of the time, but would have also connected on a few key ones.
                            He would have thrown at least one TD to Ohio State.. just like he did last year.

Comment

• Dunno. Harbaugh got that close with O'Korn; so it stands to reason that with even a mediocre QB this game was very winnable. Speight was mostly mediocre.

Comment

• God Doc how in the world could you forget me from the Freep days? I was banned then, banned by World Crossing (under Jeff's orders) and vilified for life by posers such as Hack since the forum transferred here.

Comment

Working...
                                X