Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure why he would leave with the job still up in the air. He clearly got the benefit of the doubt as the returning starter and he wasn't in danger of losing his job. Unless he feels unappreciated by the fans, in which case he is in for a rude awakening if he goes to just about any program in a Power 5 conference.

Comment

• I find the Speight transfer to be kind of shocking because of the timing and something nobody predicted previously. Malzone was predictable. Speight must have seen the writing on the wall or was told something. It is better off in the long run to break in somebody new because it didn't appear that Speight was the guy, but next year became a little shaker in my view.

Comment

• I will have to reevaluate next year. All speed forward with the young guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          The more I see, the more I think that something went wrong in the Michigan locker room during the off season. Not as bad as RichRod '08 or Sparty last year, but something went wrong nonetheless.
          Curious on what you're thinking here, Hanni.

Do you think that players felt that Speight wasn't truly deserving of the start in 2017? I think the receivers didn't like O'Korn at all....... and maybe questioned the wisdom of not starting Peters over Speight.

I saw a couple of receivers, Perry in particular, DPJ to a lesser extent that were demonstrably frustrated at times. Gentry had a couple of those demonstrations post being wide open too.

...... or are you reading too much into this? I agree, if there was something it didn't have the impact of the RR 08 stuff.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Shea Patterson would be a huge get. He was a 5-star dual threat outta IMG. Everyone wanted him.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Jeff -- I've got no idea but the timing of Speight's exit looks like a "fuck you" to either the team, the coach, or the fans. Speight regressed from last year over the off season. Reminds me a little bit of Tate Forcier in that regard. The general appearance of the offense having no idea what in the hell they were doing and badly lacking chemistry reminds me a lot of RichRod 08 too. Another thing that really sticks out is Harbaugh's sideline demeanor. Huge change from previous years.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear a few stories about this from the John U Bacons of the world in a few years.
              Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Something clear was wrong with Ty Issac attitude and he wasn't shy about it.

Comment

• "Thank you, Brady Hoke." No shit. Without Hoke letting that lazy fat ass Borges offer him a scholarship Speight would never have worn a Michigan jersey. He should definitely thank Harbaugh as well. He would not have developed nearly as much had Harbaugh not been hired. So, maybe "Thank you, Brady Hoke" means "Thanks for being incompetent as a head coach and allowing me to be tutored by Harbaugh and Fisch.

Speight didn't like that he was sharing reps with Peters in the spring. A graphic display of the entitled attitude that permeated the Hoke teams. He claimed not to be afraid of competition, but he obviously was. He saw that Peters was a threat and bailed. I think it's great that he's leaving with that attitude.
                  Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 28, 2017, 02:42 PM.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Two transfers, and one graduating senior... We'll be thin but more talented next season.

Losing Speight even if he was getting leapfrogged by Peters could potentially hurt alot.

Comment

• "Something clear was wrong with Ty Issac attitude and he wasn't shy about it."

Who wasn't shy about it - Issac, Speight or someone else? I haven't heard or seen anything about Issac, so just trying to understand what you mean.

Comment

• Yes, taking Shea Patterson is a no brainier.

Comment

• Did somebody say that Shea is from Toledo? If so, then he needs to conjure up some sort of "family reason" to transfer back home so that he doesn't have to sit out a year.

Comment

• The NCAA will often allow immediate xfers for players currently on teams on major probation. And that should be the case in the next few weeks.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Which could also be what pushed Speight out the door. Maybe he felt like he could battle Peters but not Peters AND Patterson.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                The NCAA will often allow immediate xfers for players currently on teams on major probation. And that should be the case in the next few weeks.
                                Have they done this lately?

Comment

Working...
                                X