No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 139, 2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're averaging 200 ypg rushing and 210 ypg passing after playing ND and then mostly crap. Meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      We're averaging 200 ypg rushing and 210 ypg passing after playing ND and then mostly crap. Meh.
      I think both the passing and running yardage would improve if M moved from a 63/37 run pass distribution on standard downs to something closer to 55/45
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think that a 63/37 distirbution is feasible in modern college football if you can spread the field enough and keep the defense on their heels. IMHO that usually means running the QB on designed runs 5-10 times a game. We do it maybe twice a game.

Comment

• I don't think Harbaugh wants Patterson to run more than than that. He's not at all built for it. I think that's why we see sort of a half ass approach to the RO. I think JH likes the RPO but were not seeing a lot of that either and when we do see it, it's been rough and not convincing. Same for the PA. But, I agree with what you're saying about spreading the field.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Line kept moving, favoring M. What did Vegas know?

Comment

• Nothing ....... M was getting all the betting and that pushed the spread up.

Comment

• Moved way too much for just that.

Comment

• Brandstatter says Gary not playing. Dwumfor is not starting and have nt heard anything about Black. Wisky wins the toss and elects to receive

Comment

• You can grin and bear the TV Time outs. They are 2:30 long - 4 per quarter, one 30 second spot for each University per game.

Comment

• Milton? WTF was that?

Nordin has the yips. That was a chip shot for him and he drives it right.

Decent drive but M plays into Wisky's hand (#2 scoring D) by not scoring.

Comment

• That was Dwumfor with the 1/2 sack!

Comment

• I didn't understand the idea with Milton there either. And McCaffrey looks really good in the role that he plays. I like his running and I like the focus on Patterson keepers too.

Comment

• I really wanted to see the Milton arm strength we have been hearing about.

Comment

• Just so you all can erase BPONE .........

Slow starts be-damned, from the 2nd quarter on, Michigan has outscored it's opponents 223-77, and most of that 77 has come like it did in the Wisconsin game going hurry-up with 5 minutes to go down 30.

I have been personally harangued by BPONE before and during every game this season. It is baked into my Michigan football experience over the last decade. I had it during the Wisconsin game, even though it was obvious, Hornibrook and a mostly missing Jonathan Taylor in the 2nd half weren't going to bring Wisconsin back, until Hill's pic-six. The it was gone.

Hope it stays gone. I think we are beginning to see what Michigan football is going to be about under Harbaugh. There are going to be hic-ups. Every great program has them but the days of BPONE are getting replaced by SHAPE (Sunshine Happiness and Positive Expectations)

Comment

• I'll have negative expectations for this season until I see evidence to the contrary. HOWEVER, this does look like the turnaround year, The additions of Ben Herbert, Ed Warriner, Jim McElwain, and Shea Patterson are reaping dividends on the field. Al Washington and Sherrone Moore seem to be good recruiters, too. With a continued influx of talent, the program will definitely be on the rise.
                                Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 15, 2018, 10:08 AM.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X