No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 139, 2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donelly's site is back up: 2018 college football statistical profiles - Michigan
    Avg. third-down distance 5.8 yards rank 1
    For comparison, see Ohio State
    Avg. third-down distance 6.4 yards rank 9
    So Michigan is best the country on this advanced stat, instead of second worst as Jeff posted. Penn State is 84th with avg of 7.7 yards. Michigan State is 120th with avg of 8.5 yards. Wisconsin is 17th with average of 6.6 yards.

Comment

• Thanks, Dan ....... AA, do we need a proper English for southerner's and Canadians thread? I'll be glad to start one for you and hack to carry on your discussions on language and correct word use.

But JFC, keep that shit out of threads for football discussions. I was about to shake up a cold martini but had to get through all the posts I missed today. Sorry I had to be delayed for that enjoyable encounter due to the supercilious interchange between you, hack and talent.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Don't ask me, I didn't start it. I didn't want to talk about word choice or any of this. But I was tasked. I was tasked!
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It was more superfluous than supercilious, but definitely a halcyon day.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Honorable post, Talent.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Exit James Hudson

Comment

• Position M needs numbers, talent.

Comment

• Yeah brutal loss

Comment

• If AA wants people to notice his big-brain vocabulary, I don't mind if that's limited to other threads. He can jerk off to the thesaurus to his heart's content in his own thread.

Some weird program exits: this year. Three guys that weren't that far away from the field, in Hudson, DIB and Singleton. Hudson hurts the most.
                    Last edited by hack; October 22, 2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Thinking it over, we heard many times about Hudson that it was all there for him as long as he practiced harder. Maybe he just wasn't going to do that.

Comment

• There are players that fit in M's system and players that don't and when I say system, it's not just about football. It's about a young man's willingness to be part of program that is circumscribed by many other factors beyond being a great football player.

Wish him well.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well that sucks. Very unexpected too.

Comment

• Instant gratification/participation trophy society. I have a friend who teaches high school band. He told a student that there was a 3 minute youtube video he should watch to learn a bass line. The kid said he didn't think it was right that he was being asked to do work outside the classroom. You either want to be great, or you don't. Do you want to play for Michigan and be coached by Ed Warriner? Or do you want to be a starter at Toledo and be closer to Mom?
                            Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 23, 2018, 03:25 PM.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• You have a friend?

Comment

• The eyeball check certainly provides support to the notion that M is going to win the BIG East and go 11-1 heading to the BIG CCG in the process. Fancy stats backs that up.

M has a 72.3% chance of beating PSU in AA (9.5 pts) and a 54.9% chance of beating osu in c-bus (1.9 pts) to complete its revenge tour, unexpectedly, IMO, at 4-0.

M has a 73% chance of finishing ahead of osu, the closest challenger, in the BIG East final standings.

IF, the stats and eyeball check are correctly predictive and if there are no major injuries going forward M is likely to face Wisconsin in Indy as the closest challenger, Iowa, loses the head to head.

The link below gives me a headache and probably will for you too. The summation above saves you from that.

https://mgoblog.com/diaries/b1g-expe...e-wins-outlook

Comment

Working...
                                X