U of M MEN'S BASKETBALL: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B10!

Not much to say... everything was impressive except for FT. M took over after UNC had that early 10 point lead.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Iggy with another great two-way game. Some man-sized rebounds down the stretch from him.

Matthews becoming quite reliable with the turnaround J.

Nice to see more Simpson/Teske P/R.

If Poole can step up on the regular and make his 3s, that's another level.

Comment

• I had high hopes for Iggy and he's well ahead of schedule as a scorer, defender, and rebounder. All around player who we might be lucky to get two years from...

Need Poole to do what he did last night, M doesn't need him to score 16+ every game but we need him as a guy who can do his share (on both ends) and not disappear... Simpson looks like an excellent college point guard, he'll be underrated, just need him to hit his free throws...

Bench was shortened last night, hopefully some of the freshman earn playing time and give this team depth.

Comment

• The hardest part about watching this team now is going to be keeping expectations realistic.

Comment

• Definitely.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              WANT WIN BAD
              made me lol
              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• win got good

Comment

• Last edited by Kstat; November 29, 2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• They are really good at every position defensively, no Brandon Watson, Kinnel, or Devin Gil to attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      They are really good at every position defensively, no Brandon Watson, Kinnel, or Devin Gil to attack.
                      In this case, no Mo Wagner or Duncan Robinson.

Comment

• Yup. They took a few minutes to see what UNC was doing, and then took it away from them for the rest of the game. It turned into talented kids going one-on-one against Michigan's defense.

I agree about offensive versatility and depth. I'm glad Matthews has some serious bread-and-butter, and Iggy is establishing his. But more importantly I'm glad we saw more P/R last night. Beilein can build off the Simpson/Teske P/R. Add that and a steady 40%/game from 3 from Poole and we're in business as a #1 seed and as a true contender.

Comment

• Did Chis Webber toss out the game ball?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Why not Glen Rice?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              win got good
                              Mo was such a certified gangster on the court, it was really impossible to envision this team being better the season after his departure, but...I mean it's still early, but it's certainly looking like this team may be even better than last year's. Which is crazy to think about. But yeah, Iggy, for starters, has been an absolute revelation.
                              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Yeah, agreed, in a sense. But Beilein's finally built up that pipeline of upperclassmen. That process was interrupted from 14-16 when the injuries hit so bad. IMO we've finally got the ideal mix of young NBA talent and mature college system players. Plus we take your lunch money if you try to get to the rim so you might as well stick with 25-footers and off-balance leaners from the high post.

I'M FUCKING FIRED UP ABOUT MICHIGAN BASKETBALL.

Comment

Working...
                                X