X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Shots didn't fall against Sparty who didn't give us many good looks. Over and back that resulted in the 3 FTs really hurt momentum .

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• This team struggles to score against a tough defense, Spartys defense was excellent. Not a bad loss but it showed this teams glaring issue to create offense...

I thought in December this team could really run the floor but by design they are setting up their half court offense with no success.

Comment

• Today sucked. MSU for the first time in a while had a better gameplan than Michigan. Probably the last time in a while. Bummer, but is what it is. Everything remains on the table. Hopefully they get this ``we're a big-game team'' idea out of their heads.

Also very sick of Livers handling the ball in transition. Just give it up immediately and fill a lane, please.

Comment

• Morgan had a good tweet about the hard hedging in the second half. I didn't like the double-teaming in the first half, either. You play Winston like you play Happ. Keep him to two points at a time, make him work for it, take the others out of the game.

Comment

• Hindsight on this season will be that they should have gotten DDJ ready faster. Brooks has busted, and Poole really needs the threat of being benched so he doesn't brainfart away 3-4 defensive possessions a game. Livers does that for Iggy. Brooks couldn't do it for Poole.

If Simpson is the leader he is made out to be, he's got to get in Poole's ear and demand more. More careful on D, no more wasting possessions.

Comment

• Why? That's all I ask ....... and, yeah, there probably isn't a good answer to this.

In the two major sports, Football and Basketball, Michigan seems to find itself at the brink of greatness and then before achieving it, fails spectacularly. 62-34 and now 77-70. WTF.

I didn't watch the game, just checked the score. Disappointing.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff - I wouldn't even come close to lumping the basketball program anywhere near the malaise that is the current football program. Especially after admitting having not watched the game!

Comment

• Well, v. osu in football, M entered that contest with an 11-1 record, the # 1 defense and as a 4 point favorite on the road. M had everything going for it, the potential for a BIG Title and CFP berth and a chance to improve on Harbaugh's miserable record against meyer and ranked opponents on the road. The outcome shows how badly the coaching staff shit the bed on the brink of greatness, blew a chance at a CFP berth and then got whipped in the post season bowl v. UF. Most agree that JH and his staff didn't prepare well for osu or UF and because of that, lost those two games.

v. MSU in basketball, M entered this game at Crisler as a 2 point favorite, a top defense, a chance to nail down the conference title and improve on their ranking and tournament seeding and beat Sparty. Instead, and according to what I've read post game, the defense got uncharacteristically ass-railed by a hot shooting, previously moribund MSU offense. Some observers think a lot of that had to do with coaching. We don't yet know the ramifications or if JB can pull a win out v. MSU in EL not lose any remaining games, at least share the conference title, do well in the BIG tournament and advance to a respectable level in the NCAA tournament.

There are similarities here between the basketball and football programs when speaking of the ability to climb to and then get over the top. It's nothing new. I've seen it repeatedly in the football program in the time I've been watching - to a lesser degree in basketball but this loss to MSU was a bad one. Seems to me losing big games has become a recurrent theme in these two sports. You don't have to know much about the game or watch the game to get this sense. Am I wrong about this? I'm certainly more than willing to say I am but your argument that I am wrong isn't convincing.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• JB's been to Final Fours, NT games, and won B1G titles is the difference. The football program under Harbaugh hasn't gotten to the equivalent place that JB's basketball program has.

Comment

• And has routinely pantsed their rivals

Comment

Working...
                                X