No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every sport is vastly different than when you grew up, the NFL is closer to what you grew up with than college football.

The Super Bowl of 30 years ago were nearly all blowouts.

Comment

• Even with the sound off the fucking guy is an ass-clown, but this is pretty funny
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        You know why each of them are kneeling? You have surveyed them and they all "replied, "Hey, Kapture. Just trashing America. No big deal."

I doubt you stand for the anthem at home. Are you a piece of shit? Or do the heroes only need you to stand at ball games?

As far as wrong place, wrong time, they are doing it to get attention. And they have gotten tons of that from the room-temp IQ crowd. But, yeah, the NFL has the right to stop it. Fine.
        they are doing it to protest the institutional racism of American law enforcement, yes, we all know. except that many of the cases they highlight are questionable at best.

They don't show the anthem on tv, but if I'm not mistaken the decorum is for those in attendance.

and yes they got attention, but I would argue that it's the wrong kind. See, MLK wrapped himself in the flag. He had a way of honoring our country and fighting for change. His stance was that's my flag too, that's my anthem too, that's my country too. MLK wasn't burning the flag. He wasn't trashing the nation. What would be most effective is to use their considerable platform to fight for the changes they wish to see, but do it separately from the football field. Be MLF, stand for the anthem, then go march for change. Or reach the several million followers on their facebook, twitter, and instagram with their messages. But you honor the anthem, because it's your anthem too.

So counter productive at best, as the millions of American's who the anthem means far more than so called faux patriotism have stopped consuming their product on Sunday and Mondays. Make football great again, and rid it of progressivism.

Comment

• I'm not sure Kapture has read much about Martin Luther King other than the sainted terms that he is talked about now. He was un-American and a communist, I'm sure the 1960s Kapture would have the same type of complaints that he has now. What he wants is for people to fight for change on his terms and for preferably out of his view.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            I'm not sure Kapture has read much about Martin Luther King other than the sainted terms that he is talked about now. He was un-American and a communist, I'm sure the 1960s Kapture would have the same type of complaints that he has now. What he wants is for people to fight for change on his terms and for preferably out of his view.
            1964+CIVIL+RIGHTS+ACT+HOUSE+OF+REPRESENTATIVE+VOTE.jpg

Comment

• So what disinformation you trying to tell us with your oversized image? All southern Republicans are bigots? Would that include "Hero of the Ass-Clowns" Ted Cruz? Remember, according to the all knowing ever truthful Fuhrer, his pop was involved in the JFK killing.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• LOL, does Kapture's chart show what he thinks it shows? No Southern Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act. And Northern Democrats voted for it at a higher clip than Northern Republicans in both Houses of Congress. Am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

they are doing it to protest the institutional racism of American law enforcement, yes, we all know. except that many of the cases they highlight are questionable at best.

They don't show the anthem on tv, but if I'm not mistaken the decorum is for those in attendance.

and yes they got attention, but I would argue that it's the wrong kind. See, MLK wrapped himself in the flag. He had a way of honoring our country and fighting for change. His stance was that's my flag too, that's my anthem too, that's my country too. MLK wasn't burning the flag. He wasn't trashing the nation. What would be most effective is to use their considerable platform to fight for the changes they wish to see, but do it separately from the football field. Be MLF, stand for the anthem, then go march for change. Or reach the several million followers on their facebook, twitter, and instagram with their messages. But you honor the anthem, because it's your anthem too.

So counter productive at best, as the millions of American's who the anthem means far more than so called faux patriotism have stopped consuming their product on Sunday and Mondays. Make football great again, and rid it of progressivism.
                  Protesting what they feel is the disparate treatment of blacks by cops -either real or imagined- is NOT trashing America. And you can think that the reason for their protest is silly, unfounded, and not as effective as MLK's protests (lol), but NONE of the above = trashing America.

I had a friend who hated Obama. For 6 of the 8 years BHO was in office, this guy flew a US flag upside down at his house (traditionally a sign of distress -but few know that, he found out). He got egged so many times by the flag bandana-wearing crowd that he put a huge sign in his yard explaining what his upside-down flag meant. This area is 99.3% republican, so the vandalism stopped while the sign was up, but the HOA made him take the sign down, so the egging started again. I still lmao over the "friendly fire" he took.

Peaceful protest against those in authority is the rocket fuel of patriotism. You either support protests or you are a Mao-loving commie who doesn't even stand at attention when you hear the national anthem playing on the TV.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Protesting what they feel is the disparate treatment of blacks by cops -either real or imagined- is NOT trashing America. And you can think that the reason for their protest is silly, unfounded, and not as effective as MLK's protests (lol), but NONE of the above = trashing America.

I had a friend who hated Obama. For 6 of the 8 years BHO was in office, this guy flew a US flag upside down at his house (traditionally a sign of distress -but few know that, he found out). He got egged so many times by the flag bandana-wearing crowd that he put a huge sign in his yard explaining what his upside-down flag meant. This area is 99.3% republican, so the vandalism stopped while the sign was up, but the HOA made him take the sign down, so the egging started again. I still lmao over the "friendly fire" he took.

Peaceful protest against those in authority is the rocket fuel of patriotism. You either support protests or you are a Mao-loving commie who doesn't even stand at attention when you hear the national anthem playing on the TV.

ok... not sure what people not understanding why a flag would be flown upside down has anything to do with this conversation, unless you are trying to say that kneeling during the honoring of our nation's heroes is supposed to signify something other than what it appears. it doesn't.

but I don't need to guess, here is the head douchebag in his own words

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color" -Kaepernick

it is about trashing America.
                    Last edited by Kapture1; June 6, 2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• 1. Protests ARE patriotic. I find nothing about the 'taking a knee movement' that qualifies as "trashing our country."

bull shit

why don't they just burn the flag then--nothing wrong with that either --right? Place your hand over your left chest when doing the pledge or listening to the star spangled banner

as a 21 year vet who sees vets every day the flag is used every day our dead vets home. the flag was what the national anthem was written about. vets/fighting for our country/dying for our country/ and coming home in a casket with the flag on top are traditions every generation has had to endure. Paying homage to the flag/star spangled banner is a time honored to our nation and those who defended it. It is the start of every military ceremony and sporting event and most political and patriotic gatherings. we have 3-4 national holidays that use the flag and the star spangled banner as an intregal part of the proceedings. every memorial day watching the indy 500 pre race ceremonies fill an entire nation with pride that their is a national identity. same with July 4th and November 11

If you want to protest go right ahead. your in a country that men and women died giving you that right for you to stand up and be heard. But if you belong to an organization that is unable to discourage such a widespread display---- and disregard for those of us that honor America in the way it has been honored for decades so be it.

I think the press does overblow things but phillys views on this whole thing has cost them money. I cancelled my redzone script this week. tens of thousands of others are cancelling season tickets or finding something else to do on sundays.

your message has been heard loud and clear

now its time to stfu or have your product get ignored more and more

Comment

• Rosa Parks wasn't protesting the bus...
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Good story. Good post. LOL @:

1. That's all it took for the egging to stop.

2. The HOA made him take the sign down.

3. The irony inherent in a post about patriotic dissent that also features HOA myopia.

This post is America.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                            1. Protests ARE patriotic. I find nothing about the 'taking a knee movement' that qualifies as "trashing our country."

bull shit

why don't they just burn the flag then--nothing wrong with that either --right? Place your hand over your left chest when doing the pledge or listening to the star spangled banner

as a 21 year vet who sees vets every day the flag is used every day our dead vets home. the flag was what the national anthem was written about. vets/fighting for our country/dying for our country/ and coming home in a casket with the flag on top are traditions every generation has had to endure. Paying homage to the flag/star spangled banner is a time honored to our nation and those who defended it. It is the start of every military ceremony and sporting event and most political and patriotic gatherings. we have 3-4 national holidays that use the flag and the star spangled banner as an intregal part of the proceedings. every memorial day watching the indy 500 pre race ceremonies fill an entire nation with pride that their is a national identity. same with July 4th and November 11

If you want to protest go right ahead. your in a country that men and women died giving you that right for you to stand up and be heard. But if you belong to an organization that is unable to discourage such a widespread display---- and disregard for those of us that honor America in the way it has been honored for decades so be it.

I think the press does overblow things but phillys views on this whole thing has cost them money. I cancelled my redzone script this week. tens of thousands of others are cancelling season tickets or finding something else to do on sundays.

your message has been heard loud and clear

now its time to stfu or have your product get ignored more and more
                            So what do you say to veterans who have explicitly given their approval to NFL players and say they see nothing with taking a knee during the anthem? Do those vets hate America? Do you disregard their opinions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

So what do you say to veterans who have explicitly given their approval to NFL players and say they see nothing with taking a knee during the anthem? Do those vets hate America? Do you disregard their opinions?

even veterans can be progressives, I don't see anyone making the claim that all military are republican or conservatives.

Comment

• Related note: America-trashing prog Woodrow Wilson is the one who ordered the Star-Spangled Banner be played at all military events

Comment

Working...
                                X