No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two meetings that took place weeks before the Zelensky phone call are now key to all this Ukraine stuff.

Testimony from at least three people now partially contradicts what Trump political appointee Gordon Sondland has said: Bill Taylor, Fiona Hill, and Alexander Vindman

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...e01_story.html

Comment

• Comment

• Trump in May 2012:

"Q1 GDP has just been revised down to 1.9%. The economy is in deep trouble"

Trump today:

"The Greatest Economy in American History!"

Comment

• APEC Summit in Chile next month has been cancelled by the country's President due to the massive unrest and demonstrations going on there.

Was rumored that Trump and Xi were going to sign "Phase 1" of the trade deal there. Dunno what they'll do now.

Comment

• In late July the Pentagon told the White House that if Trump didn't release the military aid by August 6, they were likely breaking the law.

The White House ignored them

August 28 is when the hold on military aid became public knowledge.

Sept 11 is when it was finally released.

Just Security.

Appropriators worked with the Defense Department on crafting last-minute legislation that could be added to the CR that would extend the deadline the Pentagon would have to spend the Ukraine money and prevent it from running afoul of the law.

The final CR included language

The Pentagon warned the White House over the summer that if the Ukraine funding wasn’t released by August 6, DoD would be at risk of violating the law.

Comment

• 72786947_993188841020327_5502106917268357120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&cachebreaker=sd&_nc_oc=AQngmoRcuLUkaexyNx4KMvXWWQ32Os_I9eoGBWMolGK7IcX-BDioTLJZwQbw9j5d_CU&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=d3a56ba9399c5a3b60723e1aa7fac1fc&oe=5E5FC4CB.jpg
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Official summons goes out to Bolton. Nov. 7. Who knows if he shows. His deputy, Kupperman, fought the subpoena and is in court tomorrow for arguments.

Comment

• I see the Nats beat the Astros last night. Will Trump be tweeting out today a recap of his series winning hit?
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• The Fox "hard news" side takes another blow: Catherine Herridge leaving for CBS. Her and Shep Smith both had been with Fox since its launch in 1996

Comment

• Comment

• You know, I don't think anyone should be surprised that Trump leveraged Zelinski. That he did and it's out there in front of the voters to see it does surprise a bit. Within an administration that had a president that wasn't such a POS, partisans would have circled the wagons around him. Instead, Trump has created a horde of disaffected Federal employees who are putting their careers on the line to expose this guy.

Trump cannot get away any longer with accusing his accusers of spreading fake news or of witch hunts or lynchings. He is reaping the seeds that he sowed. I believe that his gig is up and he will definitely lose the popular vote in 2020. The Rs are correctly concentrating on getting him the 270 electoral college votes he needs for a 2nd term on the basis that the alternative D candidates, should one of the the crowd other than Joe Biden get elected, would be a fucking disaster.

The Trump legacy as it has defined the R party should he get canned in 2020 will persist for at least two more election cycles and nobody is going to vote a D out of office to return to that legacy he has created despite the positives achieved (boarder security, confronting trade inequities, disentanglement from a shitty nuke deal with Iran and the ME in general, dumb green initiatives and re-evaluating the US role in NATO) during his administration.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Do "conservative" groups realize how dumb and, frankly, dangerous this argument is? Congress has no business examining or investigating the President's foreign policy decisions? I beg your pardon?

Comment

• tt6.jpg
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                You know, I don't think anyone should be surprised that Trump leveraged Zelinski. That he did and it's out there in front of the voters to see it does surprise a bit. Within an administration that had a president that wasn't such a POS, partisans would have circled the wagons around him. Instead, Trump has created a horde of disaffected Federal employees who are putting their careers on the line to expose this guy.

Trump cannot get away any longer with accusing his accusers of spreading fake news or of witch hunts or lynchings. He is reaping the seeds that he sowed. I believe that his gig is up and he will definitely lose the popular vote in 2020. The Rs are correctly concentrating on getting him the 270 electoral college votes he needs for a 2nd term on the basis that the alternative D candidates, should one of the the crowd other than Joe Biden get elected, would be a fucking disaster.

The Trump legacy as it has defined the R party should he get canned in 2020 will persist for at least two more election cycles and nobody is going to vote a D out of office to return to that legacy he has created despite the positives achieved (boarder security, confronting trade inequities, disentanglement from a shitty nuke deal with Iran and the ME in general, dumb green initiatives and re-evaluating the US role in NATO) during his administration.
                                I think you overplay the disaster of the alternative Democratic candidates, maybe you are watching too much Fox News. If they get elected, they would be fairly normal. You only need to look to Bernie Sanders voting record as a fairly conventional Democrat to see that his bark is worse than his bite. Warren might cause some trouble, she was a pain in the neck to the Obama administration.

Comment

Working...
                                X