No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Dumbf*ck shows his empathy and compassion for this solemn occasion of 9/11.

As 8:46 a.m. approached -- the exact time that the first plane hit the World Trade Center -- Trump started tweeting:

"In a hypothetical poll, done by one of the worst pollsters of them all, the Amazon Washington Post/ABC, which predicted I would lose to Crooked Hillary by 15 points (how did that work out?), Sleepy Joe, Pocahontas and virtually all others would beat me in the General Election," tweeted Trump at 8:12 a.m. "This is a phony suppression poll, meant to build up their Democrat partners. I haven't even started campaigning yet, and am constantly fighting Fake News like Russia, Russia, Russia. Look at North Carolina last night. Dan Bishop, down big in the Polls, WINS. Easier than 2016!"

But wait! There's more! "If it weren't for the never ending Fake News about me, and with all that I have done (more than any other President in the first 2 1/2 years!), I would be leading the "Partners" of the LameStream Media by 20 points. Sorry, but true," he tweeted at 8:19 a.m.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• If any of you are fans of Sir Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, the BBC starts filming an 8 part series called "The Watch" this month for broadcast next year.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglopheni...ries-the-watch

For those not familiar, if you crossed Mark Twain with J.R.R. Tolkien and fed him LSD, you'd have Sir Terry. He was knighted for contributions in literature as one of the 20th century's great humor based satirists.
      Last edited by Ghengis Jon; September 11, 2019, 05:06 PM.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Attached Files
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Brilliant

Comment

• Nice!
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If this is true, LMAO.

Nothing matters anymore. If Obama did it, it's bad. Until Trump decides it's good, then it's good

Pallets of cash, pallets of cash

Trump says he hates the Obama-era nuclear deal with Iran. But he’s toying with a French proposal to get the Iranians to comply with it: a $15 billion line of credit to Tehran.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Trump pushing to ban flavored vaping gives me cause to post this "classic" from 2009, from when Obama was toying with banning flavored dip.

As he will express in the video, a much younger Wiz was NOT happy. NSFW. Actually VERY NSFW. DO not watch at work!! About 3 minutes in the racial epithets start (forgot about that part)

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 11, 2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Recall a story from a year or two ago that surveillance devices designed to intercept cell phones had been discovered around the White House and executive offices? The government has been highly confident for some time that Israel was responsible

Comment

• The NRO takes down the Turnberry nonsense. Shocking, I know. https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...rce-integrity/

Oh, and the CNN story about PDJT removing a spy from Russia for sordid reasons...well, that goes the way way of almost all CNN stories: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...r-russia-scoop

Can't wait for the next giant bag of nothing from the #GentryCommunist media.

Incidentally, speaking to that, my favorite little bit yesterday was the NYT tweeting a remembrance of 9/11. The relavant quote was that "It's been 18 years since airplanes took aim and brought down the World Trade Center." That, of course, is in keeping with Rep. Oman's "some people did something" approach to 9/11. Apparently, even the NYT was ashamed of their WOKEposting and edited the tweet to say "terrorists in airplanes took aim". But, we all the first tweet was the heart and soul of the NYT, the #GentryCommunist media and #GentryCommunists in general.

Oh, -- hate to leave out CNN. They used 9/11 to launch into a diatribe about white nationalism and "right wing terrorists." (https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/11/opini...lon/index.html)

Just. So. Predictable.
                        Last edited by iam416; September 12, 2019, 07:05 AM.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meanwhile, under the purple skies and unicorn stars of California, the State decides to deal with its housing crisis by passing rent control laws: https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ewsom-rent-cap

I guess that's one way to go about it keeping rent down. I mean, sure, it's going to gash supply, but whatever. If you're lucky enough to get an apartment, then huzzah! If not, well, California embraces homelessness, too!

Developers who already have to jump through a fuckton of hopes will surely double down on their efforts to build more units now that prices are capped. That, my friends, is 100% pure #GentryProgressive.

Comment

• Finally, unemployment numbers continue to impress -- AA and Latino unemployment hitting all-time lows! And, of course, the stock market is back up over 27K. All, of this, of course is just papering over how terrible things really are.

Comment

• Glad someone looked into the Turnberry stuff. Going forward, it might be prudent for the Air Force to tell the airport that they don't want crews sent to Turnberry? To avoid even the appearance of giving Trump business? A point made even by the NRO writer?

Also, rent control across an entire state seems like madness to me

Comment

• California needs more YIMBYs and less NIMBYs.

Hundreds of Bahamian evacuees trying to fly to the United States have been turned away at the international airport in Nassau.

Comment

Working...
                                X