Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry he was a bad cop.

I know city police officers, county sheriff deputies and state troopers in my local area who are fine people and would never do what was done to Mr. Floyd.

I don't believe they should ever be defunded or eliminated. Weed out the bad ones? Absolutely.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I love anonymous articles. Put your name to it, dude. Total. Fucking. Trash.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Here's a good article on Camden's "legendary" efforts to "defund" the police: https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...utm_term=first

What Camden actually did was bust the police union; reduce costs per officers by almost half; and ultimately end up with MORE police. The reason Camden acted was because they didn't have enough police and couldn't afford more.

Not that any of these facts will ever get in the way of the ABOLISH POLICE movement.

Comment

• There's been a lot of polls recently where Trump's approval is under 40%. And his disapproval has been at least 50% in every single national poll going back to Memorial Day weekend. And a significant number of the most recent ones show his disapproval in the high 50's rather than the low 50's.

FiveThirtyEight is tracking Donald Trump’s approval ratings throughout his presidency.

Comment

• It's over, DSL. OVER.

Comment

• Well they reportedly did huge ad buys in Ohio and Iowa. If the Trump campaign suddenly feels it needs to flood the airwaves in those two states, they've got problems.

Comment

• Isn't that what I just said -- more emphatically.

Comment

• I like to provide the details, you "big picture" hack

Comment

• If you ever call me hack again, I will fucking gut you and feed your entrails to the squirrels. Believe it.

Comment

• I hope they choke on 'em

Comment

• So do I. Win-win.

fucking squirrels

Comment

• State of Alabama wonders: How will kids in Mobile learn the history of pox-riddled, whore-mongering, privateers without the beloved statue honoring Raphael Semmes? Threatens action against the city of Mobile if the statue is not put back up, post haste.

Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall is asking Mobile Mayor Sandy Stimpson to say if the removal of the Admiral Semmes statue is permanent or temporary. In a letter to Stimpson on Friday, Marshall expressed concerns over conflicting reports on whether the removal is temporary or permanent. Permanent removal would subject the City to a fine of $25,000, Marshall states in the letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            State of Alabama wonders: How will kids in Mobile learn the history of pox-riddled, whore-mongering, privateers without the beloved statue honoring Raphael Semmes? Threatens action against the city of Mobile if the statue is not put back up, post haste.

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/alaba...statue-removal
                            At least there is this:

A group called White Clergy and Citizens For One Mobile created a GoFundMe with the goal of covering that $25,000 fine. According to the GoFundMe description, "any excess monies will be given to Faith In Action Alabama, a multi-faith and multi-racial grass roots organization working to end systemic racism in Alabama.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The Trump campaign sent CNN a cease-and-desist letter demanding they retract and apologize for their most recent poll showing Biden beating Trump...lol

President Donald Trump’s campaign is demanding CNN retract and apologize for a recent poll that showed him well behind presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

Comment

• There's so much that I enjoy in this article about Chicago politics and their response to lawlessness -- oops, that's racist -- I mean, peaceful protests. https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/06...-s-mayor-says/ and https://news.wttw.com/2020/06/05/wha...-sorrow-unrest

The audio is really long, but the first 60s are on point -- "how do our seniors and vulernable population get their medication if every CVS and Walgreen's in our neighboor is shutdown?"

Obviously, they don't understand that if social justice trumps Covid then it obviously trumps old folks getting medicine.

It's unbelievable what a terrible job all those racist Republicans have done running Chicago.
                                Last edited by iam416; June 10, 2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X