No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A coup implies organization, planning and centralized control of execution. To my knowledge that has not been identified.

I hold that there was planning by small groups of extremists and provocateurs with specific objectives but the goal was not the overthrow of the federal government it was to light the fuse that would ignite chaos. There's plenty of play-book material out there that dates back to various extremist organizations of the 60s like The Weathermen. Manipulating crowd mentality through staged actions and behaviors to promote a damaging scene is right there on page one. This isn't hard to comprehend as the fundamental aspect that seeded what followed. Yet we continue to get these wild-ass conspiracy theories and allegations that Trump was behind a coup and incited the crowd to act - allegedly behaving in criminal way. If I have the law correct and I took in what Talent had to say on this subject, prosecuting Trump for inciting violence isn't going to work mainly because he was tweeting shit. Those that reject these simple and rather obvious Occam's Razor conclusion are the ones to be correctly labeled as naive.

There are reliable reports that the Capitol police were warned that violence was possible. Apparently that wasn't acted upon if the few officers inside the Capital when the first protestors entered is an indication of that. Not to anticipate a crowd of thousand or millions might just require heavy duty police presence and crowd control to protect federal propertyis utter dubfuckery plain and simple. Even if the DC Mayor, and Sergeant of Arms who both have been reported as having rejected offers of National Guard help from the Governor of Maryland were under the influence either direct or implied of President Trump, they don't work for him, are not accountable to him and both have as their sworn duty the maintenance of law and order in the Capital. The both fucked that up - plain and simple. Again, this is not complicated. All the frenzied stories of coups and conspiracy and what have you are nonsense.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This guy was impromptu talking about this in December. The organizer a top MAGA is in hiding.

Comment

• They knew the threat and failed to act. It wasn't an accident that they were not prepared. Anyone that has been involved planning for any major event of this type with the forewarning that this event had knows this.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Instead, they committed acts of vandalism, stole shit, and took selfies.
          ... and they STOLE NANCY PELOSI'S LECTERN!!!.. don't forget that ... lord knows she can't govern without her lectern....

faux couping bastards ....
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

... and they STOLE NANCY PELOSI'S LECTERN!!!.. don't forget that ... lord knows she can't govern without her lectern....

As I said above, what do you think would have happened if they got to Pelosi? Handshakes and selfies?

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• They terrorized the staff trying to get into that room for 2.5 hours as a MAGA that must thrill you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

As I said above, what do you think would have happened if they got to Pelosi? Handshakes and selfies?
                Yeah they weren't in a friendly mood, probably the same plan the Wolverine Militia had for Gretchen Whitmer.

Comment

They beat a cop to death.

Comment

• It wasn't an accident that they were not prepared.
                    You're right. It was dumbfuckery. You're implying, if I read you correctly, that some sinister undertaking prevented officials from deploying adequate forces to address the potential for violence and law breaking.

There is apparently some gray area that involves deploying the Maryland NG into the District of Columbia that, and I was unaware of this, has it's won NG that is under federal control. Apparently the Governor of Maryland, even though DC is inside the state, believed he could not deploy the Maryland NG inside DC. It's being reported that the Secretary of the Army authorized deployment of the DC NG 90 minutes after it was requested by the DC mayor. Fine, that's not awful but that report throws the issue of preparing for up to 1m angry MAGA supporters descending on Washington and not thinking there might be violence as just plain stupid. The Capital police chief, the Congressional Sergeant of Arms and the the Mayor of DC are all culpable dimwits for failing to anticipate and prepare. Not hard to assess blame. .
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Well at first, I think they would have forced her to eat about 50 boxes of Rice-a-Roni. Its the San Francisco treat, you know ... They'd want her to feel at home.

After that they would have been too busy taking selfies of themselves doing Tarzan swings on the House chandeliers, so she probably would have escaped in the confusion.

Nancy was never in any danger. Much to her disappointment.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

You're right. It was dumbfuckery. You're implying, if I read you correctly, that some sinister undertaking prevented officials from deploying adequate forces to address the potential for violence and law breaking.

There is apparently some gray area that involves deploying the Maryland NG into the District of Columbia that, and I was unaware of this, has it's won NG that is under federal control. Apparently the Governor of Maryland, even though DC is inside the state, believed he could not deploy the Maryland NG inside DC. It's being reported that the Secretary of the Army authorized deployment of the DC NG 90 minutes after it was requested by the DC mayor. Fine, that's not awful but that report throws the issue of preparing for up to 1m angry MAGA supporters descending on Washington and not thinking there might be violence as just plain stupid. The Capital police chief, the Congressional Sergeant of Arms and the the Mayor of DC are all culpable dimwits for failing to anticipate and prepare. Not hard to assess blame. .
                        I am talking about prior to. There was no reason not to be prepared and staged for what was coming. They knew what was coming well ahead of time. They knew. To have no visible presence was criminal. It is on the Feds
                        Last edited by CGVT; January 10, 2021, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Yeah wasn't in that much danger that they force everyone to an undisclosed location. Your MAGA brethren were changing "Hang Mike Pence" and they had a noose out there. Nothing to be afraid of.

Comment

• Here's what it looked like for the Kavanaugh protests, btw. Hannibal is attempting to draw a false equivalency and say Wednesday was no different than these.

Those people occupied the atrium at the Senate Office building. They didn't storm the Capital and attack police to get in. As far as I can tell, no cops were hurt and certainly none killed.

Nearly 300 protesters were arrested at a US Senate building on Thursday afternoon as crowds of activists descended on Capitol Hill while lawmakers reviewed the FBI’s report on the allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Comment

• DC needs to be a state because of shit like this. It is a landmine because of the Senate representation but we have a fairly large population who's local control has been the Federal government which is not great. Although in most state plans for DC involve warding off the federal district.

Comment

Well at first, I think they would have forced her to eat about 50 boxes of Rice-a-Roni. Its the San Francisco treat, you know ... They'd want her to feel at home.

After that they would have been too busy taking selfies of themselves doing Tarzan swings on the House chandeliers, so she probably would have escaped in the confusion.

Nancy was never in any danger. Much to her disappointment.
                                Bullshit. They were all in danger, but they got out of the chamber before it was breached. Much to your disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                                X