No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of the holdup seems to be manpower in delivering the shots. I believe this latest stimulus bill provides money to help along with this. The production of the vaccines and the administering is going to have to be be ramped up immensely, at this current pace I look to get vaccinated by Q2 2022. I suspect it will start to get better but spare no fucking expense, if that means being wasteful and having a billion doses leftover or having way too many workers administering the vaccine sitting idle. It should be round the clock preferably. This should not an exercise being highly efficient, make the money printer go Brrrr and get to work.
    Last edited by froot loops; January 11, 2021, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Again, they are distributing on a priority basis. That's a huge problem, logistically. They don't fucking stimulus money to resolve that, which is, I think your only solution to any problem. They need to get through the priority people and then get out into general channels for all.

I'll bet you as much money as you want -- you name the price -- that you're able to vaccinated by the summer.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If our modern media had been reporting on D-Day like they are reporting on the vaccine distribution then D-Day would have looked like a complete disaster wracked with total incompetence.

Comment

• Absolutely true.

Again, we have 8M shots in the arms less than 10 months after the full-on start of the pandemic in the US. #TrustScience people said that was impossible. Distribution isn't perfect, but it's getting better and more effiecient as we start to rocket up the slope of the learning curve. I have zero doubt the Ds will continue to use covid to manufacture support for whatever programs they want, but things are way, way way above expectations.

Comment

• There is, as far as I know, no place in Ohio where the distribution is "boy, we just don't have enough people to administer the shots." I don't know what sort of shithole program Whitmer is running, but in Ohio the issue is getting it to the priority people (and the refrigeration requirements). It's far, far, far harder to targer vaccine distribution as opposed to simply throwing open the doors.

They're getting ready to move to full-on age-based distribution making people eligible on a weekly basis (75+ then 70+ then 65+). In Columbus, they're going to use the Schottenstein Center because (a) it's huge; and (b) it has massive refrigeration capacity. The concern, again, it's getting people to administer the shots. I
            Last edited by iam416; January 11, 2021, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• ...just slow the curve...

...just keep your distance...

...just stay home...

...wait for the vaccine...

Move the goalpost...it's what the left does...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                If our modern media had been reporting on D-Day like they are reporting on the vaccine distribution then D-Day would have looked like a complete disaster wracked with total incompetence.
                Your administration with your boy Trump were the ones promising 20 million vaccinations by New Years and 100 million by the end of February. Don't blame the media for this, one of your guys(Pence) set the expectations.
                Last edited by froot loops; January 11, 2021, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• I don't care what Trump said.

I didn't expect a vaccine for a much longer time. He was closer to reality with his prediction than my expectations. And the expectations of most people, as far as I can tell. I agree with Talent -- 8 Million shots of a vaccine 9 months after the start of the pandemic is a miracle.

As a side note, the story of how the vaccine was developed would make a great documentary some day.

Comment

• I agree with Talent -- 8 Million shots of a vaccine 9 months after the start of the pandemic is a miracle.
                    100%. You'd have to be an absolutely miserable partsian hack to think otherwise. Or, perhaps, you hitched your wagon to the #TrustScience folks who said it could never be done.

Comment

• Trump didn't say it, Pence did. Alex Azar also said it.
                      Last edited by froot loops; January 11, 2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• In Michigan, vaccine distribution hit a couple snags, but a project that large is almost always going to run into snags that couldn't be forecasted. It seems to be straightened out now, and shots are now being made available to those over 65. To hear Whitmer talk about the ongoing immunizations, she seems to be disappointed that it has gone as well as it has.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah I'm sure Whitmer is disappointed at that.

Comment

• As a side note, the story of how the vaccine was developed would make a great documentary some day.
                            Yep. I think plural is probably better. But, yeah. More or less, the technology was there. It was nascent, but there. The problem was that the market wasn't. As with any vaccine or huge pharma development, the regulatory hurdles are immense. Small companies are almost incapable of actually navigating that labyrinth w/o partnering with a behemoth. So, you'd have the story from at least two perspectives -- the Pharma giant (that partnered with a small company) and Moderna, which sort of partnered with the Government.

In any event, what happened was that vast market demand came into existence and goverments around world removed most of the regulatory barriers that would have made entry into that market so costly. So, you had existing technology that had now been effectively "de-risked" w/ a preposterous pot of gold out there. Private, intellectual capital was fully unleashed. The capacity for human ingenuity should never be underestimated.
                            Last edited by iam416; January 11, 2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• she seems to be disappointed that it has gone as well as it has.
                              It's extremely difficult for Ds to acknowledge the PDJT was right about anything. Yet, here we are with 8M doses administered when virtually every single D said it was impossible. And when it turned out to be possible -- when it turned out they were massively fucking wrong -- they turned to bitching about not enough doses being administered. It's utterly unbelievable except that it is so entirely believable.

Comment

• I think any of the fuckups in admistering the vaccine has occured across party lines and it varies by state. Two of the worst dysfunctions have occured in California and New York.

My point remains, even if you think 8 million in 4 weeks is great, we need 6 million a week to get 300 million vaccinated by this time next year. It will have to be ramped up.

Comment

Working...
                                X