Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Don't worry, DSL, I knew you couldn't quit DJT cold turkey. Or, probably, ever. And, TBH, better to focus on him than what Biden is doing.
    I'll give it a try if you think you can quit bitching about the media. Or coastal elites. Your choice of which. Let's break our addictions together!!!!!

Comment

• Is The Media no longer in office? Cool.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Is The Media no longer in office? Cool.
        Donald Trump is no longer the leader of the Republican Party? Cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Donald Trump is no longer the leader of the Republican Party? Cool
          What makes you think that he is?

Comment

• LOL. This shit is bad, even for you, DSL. But, man, you do you. Looking forward to reports on how North Dakota R party is the tank for DJT!

Meanwhile, Biden is doing real shit that matters...and...heh...who cares. The Oregonian Rs love DJT!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

What makes you think that he is?
              If not him, who? McConnell? Please. He won't get even 10 Republicans to go along with him on impeachment. Everyone is still terrified Trump will turn against them publicly. There's no one else comparable.

Comment

As expected, Biden's claims that he was left with "no plan" for vaccine distribution are ridiculous: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...h-on-vaccines/
                There is no doubt that politics are being played wrt to vaccine development, procurement and distribution between appointed incoming administration officials and employees who worked at their jobs in the Trump administration and are still working in those jobs. Frankly, I don't blame them. If there is one thing the Trump administration got absolutely right it was the entirety of Operation Warp Speed which included the logistics of getting the vaccines to the states. How Biden and officials speaking on his behalf bring the temperature down, reduce confusion and imbue confidence in Americans about the vaccine will clarify for me whether Biden is (1) actually running the show (I have my doubts) and (2) the "unity" meme he throws around means what he says it does.

Federal or state control of getting delivered vaccines into arms? That's the issue and that the Biden administration is pushing for federal control is causing friction. TBH, though, I think the friction is being overblown. In terms of sheer numbers, a lot of vaccines are being administered - over 41m delivered and nearly 23m administered. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations.

Personal hardship stories of signing up for a shot flood local and national news while those who are having few problems getting their first and second doses are glossed over. And, as noted here, it's the underlying supply shortage that's the basis of the "dire" news but, from what read, the manufacturers are pushing out the vaccines as fast as they can.

I feel pretty confident that if the Biden administration wants to use FEMA to distribute vaccines and administer shots, it can do so in conjunction with whatever states already have in place. For federal FEMA and state PH folks on the ground, I don't think they care. Their goal is to get the job done and they ultimately will. Watching FL, the glitches that pop up seem to get dealt with pretty quickly but you'd never know that from reading the news. I'm just mostly ignoring the politics and the MSM that augments conflict and depicts everything as "dire." It's not that bad.

In a bit of dust-up yesterday between Biden spokes persons and FL's Governor, Ron Desantis, while Desantis decries the slow and unpredictable nature of the vaccine his state is receiving, Psaki, Biden's press secretary states, FL is only administering 50% of its allocation. Both are correct. Desanits has held back vaccine supplies for the second dose. I think this is the most defensible strategy. Other states have gone the other route, also defensible but es so in light of FDA guidance, of administering as many first doses as possible. I'm reading it does not matter if you get your second dose of the mRNA vaccine after the standard 21 (Moderna), 28 (Pfizer) day interval. OTH, the FDA is pretty clear that agencies shouldn't differ from the dosing amounts and intervals. Someone in the press gallery should have pointed that out to Psaki. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...id-19-vaccines.

Anecdotally and in my group of friends and acquaintances over 65 in FL, None of them are having trouble getting vaccinated. If you follow the steps to make an appointment, eventually you'll get one and probably in good time. Maybe not as fast as some who complain about everything anyway want to get them. None of my friends are complaining. A small % have had COVID. None with serious complications. This cohort is advised to wait 90d from date of verified recovery (by serology testing) to get their first shot.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Why does there have to be a leader of the R party? Who was the leader of the Ds in 2018...Pelosi? Schumer? Obama?

Meh. Here we are...talking about DJT because that's all that DSL can talk about.

Comment

LOL. This shit is bad, even for you, DSL. But, man, you do you. Looking forward to reports on how North Dakota R party is the tank for DJT!

Meanwhile, Biden is doing real shit that matters...and...heh...who cares. The Oregonian Rs love DJT!!!!
                    Thanks. Now let's hear more (for the 45th or 46th time) on how the lifting of the tranny ban in the military will ruin your life and the lives of your children. BIDEN HAS BETRAYED HIS VOTERS! Since Donnie Trump has been reeglated to the dustbin of history and has no remaining influence over the Republican Party.

Maybe there's a local library somewhere in New England that's done something abhorrent on a culture war hot button issue. Oh it sickens me just imagining what the coastal elites may have done NOW. Get to researchin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

There is no doubt that politics are being played wrt to vaccine development, procurement and distribution between appointed incoming administration officials and employees who worked at their jobs in the Trump administration and are still working in those jobs. Frankly, I don't blame them. If there is one thing the Trump administration got absolutely right it was the entirety of Operation Warp Speed which included the logistics of getting the vaccines to the states. How Biden and officials speaking on his behalf bring the temperature down, reduce confusion and imbue confidence in Americans about the vaccine will clarify for me whether Biden is (1) actually running the show (I have my doubts) and (2) the "unity" meme he throws around means what he says it does.

Federal or state control of getting delivered vaccines into arms? That's the issue and that the Biden administration is pushing for federal control is causing friction. TBH, though, I think the friction is being overblown. In terms of sheer numbers, a lot of vaccines are being administered - over 41m delivered and nearly 23m administered. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations.

Personal hardship stories of signing up for a shot flood local and national news while those who are having few problems getting their first and second doses are glossed over. And, as noted here, it's the underlying supply shortage that's the basis of the "dire" news but, from what read, the manufacturers are pushing out the vaccines as fast as they can.

I feel pretty confident that if the Biden administration wants to use FEMA to distribute vaccines and administer shots, it can do so in conjunction with whatever states already have in place. For federal FEMA and state PH folks on the ground, I don't think they care. Their goal is to get the job done and they ultimately will. Watching FL, the glitches that pop up seem to get dealt with pretty quickly but you'd never know that from reading the news. I'm just mostly ignoring the politics and the MSM that augments conflict and depicts everything as "dire." It's not that bad.

In a bit of dust-up yesterday between Biden spokes persons and FL's Governor, Ron Desantis, while Desantis decries the slow and unpredictable nature of the vaccine his state is receiving, Psaki, Biden's press secretary states, FL is only administering 50% of its allocation. Both are correct. Desanits has held back vaccine supplies for the second dose. I think this is the most defensible strategy. Other states have gone the other route, also defensible but es so in light of FDA guidance, of administering as many first doses as possible. I'm reading it does not matter if you get your second dose of the mRNA vaccine after the standard 21 (Moderna), 28 (Pfizer) day interval. OTH, the FDA is pretty clear that agencies shouldn't differ from the dosing amounts and intervals. Someone in the press gallery should have pointed that out to Psaki. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...id-19-vaccines.

Anecdotally and in my group of friends and acquaintances over 65 in FL, None of them are having trouble getting vaccinated. If you follow the steps to make an appointment, eventually you'll get one and probably in good time. Maybe not as fast as some who complain about everything anyway want to get them. None of my friends are complaining. A small % have had COVID. None with serious complications. This cohort is advised to wait 90d from date of verified recovery (by serology testing) to get their first shot.
                      Pretty much spot on. One other thing worth noting is that both Moderna and Pfizer are delivering roughly 4.3M doses per week. In order to hit their contracted for goal of 100M doses by the end of Q1, they need to deliver almost 8M doses per week. So, again, the bottleneck is fucking supply. It ain't fucking distribution. FULL. FUCKING. STOP.

Also worth noting, Chairman Joe said he thought 1.5M per week was possible. That's up from his lofty goal 1M per week. Given that PDJT basically handed him 1.2M per week, I'm happy that we're at least moving expectations upward from, more or less -- failure (a mere 1M per week) to meh (1.5M per week). Now, of course, PDJT will never, ever get credit for the 1.2M per week, but such is life. Chairman Joe controls The Media.

Comment

• I'll shut up now about Trump. I know others have grievances they want known and it's fair that they be given time to air them. There are French Literature adjunct professors and bi-curious BLM protestors in Austin that are up to mischief and only eternal vigilance can save our goddamn country and the perfect wreck of a thing we call life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Thanks. Now let's hear more (for the 45th or 46th time) on how the lifting of the tranny ban in the military will ruin your life and the lives of your children. BIDEN HAS BETRAYED HIS VOTERS! Since Donnie Trump has been reeglated to the dustbin of history and has no remaining influence over the Republican Party.

Maybe there's a local library somewhere in New England that's done something abhorrent on a culture war hot button issue. Oh it sickens me just imagining what the coastal elites may have done NOW. Get to researchin'.
                          I've mentioned the tranny ban? Let alone 45 or 46 times? And you're likening that to the Ahab's journey you're perpetually on with PDT? LOL. Man, that's JFA.

You see, DSL, when I sass you about your neverending obsession with DJT it's based on truth -- the truth of, well, your neverending posts on DJT.

Comment

• Biden, of course, has eliminated 1000s of union jobs with his silly ass green virtue signaling. And also shit on our beloved neighbors to the north. For people who care about union jobs -- or, hell, for people who care about jobs in general, this may rate as newsworthy. I mean, it's obviously not as important as various Oregon R party declarations. I mean -- THOSE GUYS HAVE SOME POWER!

Comment

• In a recap of the "terrifying new strains" news .......
                              • There are new strains - three of them, by degree, thought to be more transmissible. UK, South African, Brazilian.
                              • Nations are way better prepared to deal with them than they were with the Wuhan strain that predominated and still does in most places.
                              • The more the virus keeps spreading, the more new strains will emerge. This is expected.
                              • What's the impact? Not much or shouldn't be as long as nations take controlling them seriously. Some will do this better than others.
                              • Travel bans to the US being implemented starting today will help but can't exempt US citizens.
                              • Quarantine and enforcement of US travelers from abroad has to happen or we'll still get leakers in the US.
                              • Vaccines? Yep, they still work, in some cases potentially less effectively, but pharma is already on top of this developing tweeks to their products.
                              • The mRNA types are way easier to do this with than others; changes can be made easily and rapidly with shifts to production of new versions and boosters just as easily.
                              Enjoy your day, listen critically to the news. Fact check shit.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• J&J was supposed to give an update on their vaccine today but I haven't heard anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X