Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    Soooo...we've established that Michiganders are stupid.

Next topic?
    Michiganders are brilliant. Michiganians are idiots.
    I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Glad we cleared that up.

smh
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I haven't paid any attention to the Jan. 6 hearing and I hope you're right. However, it's highly doubtful that any of Trump's base will turn against him as a result of the investigation. The real backlash will come from his handling of Covid and his signature accomplishment, Warp Speed. There's recently been a steady drip of studies coming out that paint the vaccines in an increasingly negative light - far less effective and far greater side effects than we were originally told. Trump was at a rally last week and wanted to brag about Warp Speed and told his audience that he's not supposed to mention it because they'd boo him.

Contrast that with DeSantis' handling of Covid in Florida where he kept the schools and economy open while protecting the most vulnerable. The ground beneath Trump's feet is shifting.
        I still believe that more Republicans believe Trump's handling of Jan 6th was BAD and his election denial insanity unhelpful than care to admit publicly. They won't admit it to a sickening coastal elite like me, but in private, to each other? Yeah they're admitting that Trump is kind of a piece of shit and maybe an alternative who doesn't turn so many people off would be preferable.

Also, tonight's prime time hearing is probably one to watch if you watch any of them. It's going to focus on what Trump actually did during the riot, which is the most indefensible part of his behavior, IMO. You can make excuses for his speech right before it or that he called people to gather in DC on that day and promised them big things or excuse all his lies about election fraud. But you really can't excuse that he sat on his royal arse enjoying snacks while watching the riot play out on tv. Or sending out that tweet to tell the mob that Pence had betrayed them and their country just after the Capitol had been breeched.

They're supposedly going to show "outtakes" from the video messages he released on the 6th and 7th.

Comment

• Trump paranoia continues...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Only to Nebraskans that approve of criminal activity and approve of sedition against the US.
            I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I still believe that more Republicans believe Trump's handling of Jan 6th was BAD and his election denial insanity unhelpful than care to admit publicly. They won't admit it to a sickening coastal elite like me, but in private, to each other? Yeah they're admitting that Trump is kind of a piece of shit and maybe an alternative who doesn't turn so many people off would be preferable.
              Yeah, it did kind of put him down to the level of the Mostly Peaceful Floydfest Protests of 2020 and this summer's Abortion is Healthcare celebrations.

Comment

I'm referring to his hardcore base, not just Rs in total. His base can carry him to a plurality in the primaries if there are several candidates and they don't give one shit about January 6th. But that same base is also largely skeptical and outright hostile to the Covid vaccines which Trump likes to brag about as a signature accomplishment. It would be like Jim Delaney going around Big Ten country and bragging up the addition of Rutgers. We hate that Rutgers is in the conference so no credit will be awarded. Meanwhile, DeSantis is standing in the wings with clean hands and a calm demeanor that so many people would prefer to see restored to the highest level of leadership.

Comment

• Speaking of the Abortion riots, how are they going? I was told the country would be burnt beyond recognition. The destruction would be massive and make 2020 look like a picnic.

Comment

• Maybe they realize they have an opportunity to shape policy through the legislative (i.e. democratic) process and acting like a bunch of idiots would hinder that goal.

Comment

Speaking of the Abortion riots, how are they going? I was told the country would be burnt beyond recognition. The destruction would be massive and make 2020 look like a picnic.
                      That's what the progs, via CNN, were hoping for- just like they were hoping that Riddenhouse's (remember him?) acquittal would do the same thing. Most Americans, outside of the coastal elite party crowd, aren't that stupid. But, those elites get all the press, so they have to be right.

Comment

• Bannon trial: Defense won't even present a case. Bannon will not take the stand to testify on his own behalf. Closing arguments after lunch. If that goes fast enough maybe the jury deliberations will start today and even get a verdict? Cuz once deliberations start I don't see them lasting long.

Comment

• I thought he said was bringing hell in that trial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                            Only to Nebraskans that approve of criminal activity and approve of sedition against the US.
                            "I NEVER SPOKE TO MY SON ABOUT HIS OVERSEAS BUSINESS DEALINGS"

"THE LAPTOP IS RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION!"

"JIM CROW ON STEROIDS!!!"

"I HAVE CANCER"

"IF YOU DON'T VOTE FOR ME YOU AIN'T BLACK!!!"

"UNLIKE THE AFRICAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITY THE LATINO COMMUNITY IS AN INCREDIBLE DIVERSE COMMUNITY WITH INCREDIBLY DIFFERENT ATTITUDES ABOUT DIVERSE THINGS!!"

"ARE YOU A JUNKIE MAN???"

"OBAMA IS THE FIRST MAINSTREAM AA WHO IS ARTICULATE AND BRIGHT AND CLEAN!!"

"FORCED BUSING WILL CAUSE MY CHILDREN TO GROW UP IN A RACIST JUNGLE!!!"

Yes Biden is a way better person than DJT. My bad.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So this country is reduced to this:

Crazy D's: Biden isn't Trump!

Crazy R's: Trump isn't Biden!!

The rest of us: Bring on DeSantis!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Biden has Covid. The man who has been vaxed to the hilt...Main shot and 4 boosters...the man who claimed if you get the shot you won't get Covid...the man who is the most protected man in America who wears his mask proudly for the camera at every opportunity...gets Covid.

When Trump gets Covid...the MSM blames DJT for "not taking the pandemic seriously".

So Chairman...is Covid still the "pandemic of the unvaccinated"? I don't suppose the media will call him on any of this nonsense.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X