Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I mean take it for what it is, but Meadows' top aide is testifying that Trump got in a physical altercation with his secret service detail when they refused to take him to the Capitol that day. Tried to grab the steering wheel of the presidential limo and force them to take him.

Earlier said he was pissed the crowd for his rally that day wasn't bigger. Secret Service told him they had noticed a lot of people with weapons and wouldn't let them in. Trump ordered them to put the metal detectors away because these armed people weren't here to hurt him and would be leaving for the Capitol before too long. He wanted his crowd as big as possible.

Also she said he frequently broke dishes and ripped the tablecloth off his dining table when he got mad while eating and watching tv. Said she had to clean ketchup off the walls of the Oval office dining room because he was mad at Barr for denying his election bullshit.

lol, JFC, we dodged an enormous bullet for 4 years. Thank God for the Establishment and our Institutions!

Did anyone ask her why the top aid for the CoS had to clean ketchup off the oval office dining room wall?

Comment

• It'll be interesting to see if they can get corroborating testimony for Hutchinson -- I assume probably on the general points. At that point, it'll be really interesting to see what The Chairman and Garland do. It's probably indictable at this point (if corroborated). You'd have evidence that proximately connects DJT to trespassing and such. However, I can't see an indictment unless there's a really, really strong belief in a conviction. If DJT were indicted and acquitted then it'd be a fucking disaster.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Jan6 hearings remind me of another great injustice...
        Attached Files
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Also, to the end of an actual trial -- it's important to remember that the Jan 6 hearings are essentially -- well, completely ex parte. Now, DSL can flail about and note the Rs didn't cooperate or they had a chance to participate and didn't, and that's all well and good, but it doesn't change what these hearings are -- an ex parte presentation of a chosen narrative. They are, essentially, a grand jury hearing. No cross-examination. No rights to call other witnesses. So on. And, btw, that's fine. HOWEVER, it's relevant to what Garland (and, I suppose The Chairman to the extent that pile of mush in his cranium still functions) has to consider when deciding to move forward. Obviously, at a trial things won't go so smoothly and unconstested and, for that matter, he'll have a pain-in-the-ass burden to meet.

Comment

• One thing worth pointing out that while there's been a bunch of pushback on the very funny steering wheel story, no one connected to the secret service has (so far) pushed back even anonymously on her allegation that Trump was told there were quite a few people in the crowd carrying weapons and he instructed security to stop using metal detectors so they could all get into his rally. Unlike the steering wheel stuff, she wasn't discussing hearsay. "They aren't here to hurt me" she testified Trump as saying. Cheney put emphasis on the ME part, emphasis Hutchinson herself didn't use.

Geezer- Calling her "top aide" may be a mistake on my part. Her actual title beyond "Deputy or Assistant to the COS" is unclear to me. But she's not some intern from the basement either. Her desk was directly next to Mark Meadows office and she sat directly down the hall from the Oval Office.

User Clip: Layout of the West Wing | C-SPAN.org

Comment

• I say we put Niedemeyer on it. He's a sneaky little bastard.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Senator Jim Lankford of Oklahoma, who was looking like he was on the outs with Trump at one point (I forget why?), easily beat the MAGA chud facing him tonight.
                Trump endorsed candidates were 12-0 yesterday.

Comment

• Obviously DJT is still steering the limo...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• First decision today is another Indian reservation case. Gorsuch and the three liberals in dissent.

This aspect of Gorsuch's expertise is really fascinating to me. He routinely sides with Tribes against state governments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Trump endorsed candidates were 12-0 yesterday.
                      Did Lankford have his endorsement? He generally avoids endorsing anyone when it looks like the MAGA guy is going to lose.

Case in point, Michael Guest of Mississippi won his runoff primary. Guest voted FOR the bi-partisan J6 Commission. MAGA was targeting him for elimination. I think Trump ended up not endorsing anyone because, again, the guy he probably wanted to endorse was looking like a loser.

Will Trump endorse in GOP midterm runoffs? - Mississippi Today

Comment

• The 11th A case is far more interesting to me. Especially since I routinely tell folks bitching about the State Government to read the 11th A and go fuck themselves.

Actually, it's a super-esoteric issue, but the history and theory in the case is really interesting...to me, at least.

Comment

First decision today is another Indian reservation case. Gorsuch and the three liberals in dissent.

This aspect of Gorsuch's expertise is really fascinating to me. He routinely sides with Tribes against state governments.
                          What is Elizabeth Warren's take on it?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

One thing worth pointing out that while there's been a bunch of pushback on the very funny steering wheel story, no one connected to the secret service has (so far) pushed back even anonymously on her allegation that Trump was told there were quite a few people in the crowd carrying weapons and he instructed security to stop using metal detectors so they could all get into his rally. Unlike the steering wheel stuff, she wasn't discussing hearsay. "They aren't here to hurt me" she testified Trump as saying. Cheney put emphasis on the ME part, emphasis Hutchinson herself didn't use.

Geezer- Calling her "top aide" may be a mistake on my part. Her actual title beyond "Deputy or Assistant to the COS" is unclear to me. But she's not some intern from the basement either. Her desk was directly next to Mark Meadows office and she sat directly down the hall from the Oval Office.

User Clip: Layout of the West Wing | C-SPAN.org
                            Good to know the ketchup-cleaner has a prime desk location.

No one who entered the Capitol was armed. No matter how you spin it, that was an unarmed mob of 2,500 radicals. If they were a threat to overthrow the US Government, then our Woke Military is in worse shape than I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              The 11th A case is far more interesting to me. Especially since I routinely tell folks bitching about the State Government to read the 11th A and go fuck themselves.

Actually, it's a super-esoteric issue, but the history and theory in the case is really interesting...to me, at least.
                              What is the substance of that case?

Also, I think there is a case out of WV that may put limitations on bureaucrats promulgating rules (laws), executing those laws, and adjudicating those laws.

I bet every elected Congressman is pulling for the bureaucrats.

Comment

• Geezer, a few months ago you told me that Acting AG Rosen and all his deputies did NOT threaten to resign en masse on Jan. 3rd over Trump's trying to replace him with Jeffrey Clark. The mass resignation threat forced Trump to back down because it was obvious NO ONE would support Clark.

Now that Rosen, his deputies, and Pat Cippolone have apparently all testified under oath that this did in fact occur, and Trump refuses to testify, and Clark took the 5th 125+ times, are you willing to concede that maybe, okay, maybe it DID happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X