Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I really do wish that Trump could offer some reasonable dialog in this area. He might be the favorite in this election if he could. I realize that it's not in his nature though.

Comment

• Sub also reportedly has no emergency beacon and no navigation system of its own. They receive directions via the surface ship sending text messages like "okay now go 500 yards north". The reporter who went along for a ride with this company last year now admits they lost communication with the sub for a number of hours while he was aboard the surface ship. Never mentioned that in his report for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I really do wish that Trump could offer some reasonable dialog in this area. He might be the favorite in this election if he could. I realize that it's not in his nature though.
        Agree. I just don't see him as being a functional president given his observed history of personality disorder or borderline personality disorder. On a superficial level, we've described him here as an "ass hat." In psychiatric terms, he has exhibited behaviors consistent with the DSM-5 definition of either of the two disorders above. The typically anti-Trump media ought to be jumping on this line. He's unfit for the office of president and this is why. He'll howl but this needs the widest dissemination.
        • Personality disorders represent “an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectations of the individual’s culture” per the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual on Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5). These patterns tend to be fixed and consistent across situations and leads to distress or impairment. Additional data on borderline personality disorder is included on this page.
        • Borderline personality disorder is a serious mental disorder marked by a pattern of instability in moods, behavior, self-image, and functioning. These experiences often result in impulsive actions and unstable relationships. A person with borderline personality disorder may experience intense episodes of anger, depression, and anxiety that may last from only a few hours to days.
        https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/stat...lity-disorders
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I would add narcissistic personality disorder in there too.

Comment

• Not only is it not in his nature, it's not even in the same universe as his nature.

So, again, we have DJT who is fucked up for reasons stated above and many others getting set to square off against The Chairman who is, on his best days, mildly coherent without seeming as if he's trying to recall the English language with every word.

I could go into any diner -- ask for one D and one R -- and the overwhelming odds are that we wouldn't be any worse off.
            Last edited by iam416; June 20, 2023, 08:26 AM.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Russia’s defence minister has threatened “immediate strikes on decision-making centres” in Ukraine if western-supplied long-range weapons are used to strike at Crimea. The ministry of defence statement from Sergei Shoigu said an attack on Crimea with Himars and Storm Shadow missiles would constitute an attack “outside the zone of the special military operation” and would mean “the full involvement of the United States and Great Britain in the conflict”. Russia illegally seized the peninsula from Ukraine in 2014.

More bluster from the man who heads a Russian military whose army component is significantly degraded. Make no mistake. The Russian military in total remains a formidable force given it's multiple, still fully functional elements. The reality is that Putin does not want an escalation that would precipitate a wider war and NATO involvement. The NATO deterrence component is affecting Putin's risk/benefit calculations favoring caution - he's demonstrated that kind of restraint since the start of his invasion of Ukraine because of it. Stay the course.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hunter Biden taking guilty plea deal on federal gun and tax charges. Keeps him out of jail reportedly.

EDIT: the tax charges are misdemeanors. The gun charge is a felony.
                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; June 20, 2023, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• With the submersible, I wonder how feasible it would have been to tether it? I know it’s 2 miles down and allowing for sway and navigation you’d need close to 3 miles of cable (which might make it unworkable), but, damn, dying by being crushed in the pitch black of the ocean depths doesn’t seem to be a good time for the $250k (or worse, slowly suffocating in a steel can sitting at the ocean floor).
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Not only is it not in his nature, it's not even in the same universe as his nature.

So, again, we have DJT who is fucked up for reasons stated above and many others getting set to square off against The Chairman who is, on his best days, mildly coherent without seeming as if he's trying to recall the English language with every word.

I could go into any diner -- ask for one D and one R -- and the overwhelming odds are that we wouldn't be any worse off.
                    Yeah, from this board, you as the R nominee and DSL as the D nominee would be much, MUCH better than Trump and Biden.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• sub.jpg
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• #slaponthewrist
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Yeah, from this board, you as the R nominee and DSL as the D nominee would be much, MUCH better than Trump and Biden.
                          The DSL- Talent debate would be epic.

Talent: “Well, if the jabroni on the stage needs to know his role and stifle before I beat the taste out of his mouth.”

DSL: “Talent is a slack-jawed ponce who is fortunate that I haven’t taken him by his scruff and showed him the nearest egress!”
                          Last edited by AlabamAlum; June 20, 2023, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• The phrase "jabbering jackanape" shall enter the debate at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

The the DSL- Talent delayed would be epic.

Talent: “Well, if the jabroni on the stage needs to know his role and stifle before I beat the taste out of his mouth.”

DSL: “Talent is a slack-jawed ponce who is fortunate that I haven’t taken him by his scruff and showed him the nearest egress!”
                              ...now dats sum high quality sass...bb.jpg

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• For all of the talk about how Trump is guaranteed to lose the general, very early polls are showing differently.

T vs B.png

Comment

Working...
                                X