Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done .......

I've supported the executive's policy despite the president's frequent infantile and narcissistic behavior. But the Mexico tariff's are the last straw. Just crazy. Congress has the power to stop the president from imposing tariff's that will hurt the US and Global economies - on top of the trade war with China, already producing a global economic slow down and damaging world markets, the Mexico tariffs are considered by most economists to have disastrous implications meanwhile doing nothing to secure the southern boarder. Do your jobs.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Why Ted Cruz?

Comment

• I applaud the effort Jeff, but suspect it to be futile. With the exception of Amash, the GOP is a cowed bowl of quivering jelly when it comes to Trump.

Let me paraphrase Albert Einstein (The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.)

The US is going to hell in a hand basket; not because of Donald Trump, but because of the people who don't do anything about him.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.†- Groucho Marx

Comment

• That Trump has chosen to make his only stand on tariffs instead of the Wall is truly bizarre. Quite unbelievable, really. It's George W. levels of idiocy and ineptitude when he has a few slam dunk winning issues that he can pursue instead.
          Last edited by Hannibal; May 31, 2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Hot damn do I love science -- https://www.bbc.com/news/health-48464510

It's too bad so many of Dr. Strangelove's comrades are so rabidly anti-GMO. And, for that matter, anti-pastrami.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I didn't see Dr. Strangelove reporting this. I can't imagine why. Joint Statement from Mueller/DOJ:

It's going to get tougher and tougher to infer/make up shit from Mueller statements that he said PDJT committed a crime. However, I thought it was really hard to do from his statements in his report and the other day. So I won't underestimate the Gentry Ahabs in their doomed quest to catch their white whale.

Comment

• Hanni - Its the platinum spoon up the ass theory. In Trumpworld (actually uber rich world), the only thing that matters is money. It is the only thing to be concerned about. Ignore all other leverage and pressure tools unless it is financial. Only money matters.

Past recent example: China is trading unfairly. I know! Lets tax American business so harshly that they will go bankrupt or find an expensive non-Chinese substitute that will lead to bankruptcy! And I'll tell those stupid non uber rich idiots who blindly believe me that the taxes, er tariffs, are paid by the Chinese! Brilliant!

Current example: We're the country the whole world wants to live/work/raise children in. Let's tax American business harshly until other countries convince people the USA is NOT to placed to be! I'll tell the gullible idiots that Mexico is paying the Trump tax and they'll believe me! Brilliant!

Upcoming example: Jared's "peace plan" for the Middle East will have only economic incentives but nothing that either side really wants (territory, a homeland, human rights, freedom, actual peace, etc) in order to stop killing each other. Brilliant!

Its the alternate reality Trump grew up in. It boggles his tiny malfunctioning mind that someone, anyone, would not put money above God, country, family, common sense and peace. It was the way he was raised and small chance of him changing now.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.†- Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Hot damn do I love science -- https://www.bbc.com/news/health-48464510

It's too bad so many of Dr. Strangelove's comrades are so rabidly anti-GMO. And, for that matter, anti-pastrami.
                  GMOs? I'm still trying to convince these people that there are only two genders. Baby steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                    Hanni - Its the platinum spoon up the ass theory. In Trumpworld (actually uber rich world), the only thing that matters is money. It is the only thing to be concerned about. Ignore all other leverage and pressure tools unless it is financial. Only money matters.

Past recent example: China is trading unfairly. I know! Lets tax American business so harshly that they will go bankrupt or find an expensive non-Chinese substitute that will lead to bankruptcy! And I'll tell those stupid non uber rich idiots who blindly believe me that the taxes, er tariffs, are paid by the Chinese! Brilliant!

Current example: We're the country the whole world wants to live/work/raise children in. Let's tax American business harshly until other countries convince people the USA is NOT to placed to be! I'll tell the gullible idiots that Mexico is paying the Trump tax and they'll believe me! Brilliant!

Upcoming example: Jared's "peace plan" for the Middle East will have only economic incentives but nothing that either side really wants (territory, a homeland, human rights, freedom, actual peace, etc) in order to stop killing each other. Brilliant!

Its the alternate reality Trump grew up in. It boggles his tiny malfunctioning mind that someone, anyone, would not put money above God, country, family, common sense and peace. It was the way he was raised and small chance of him changing now.
                    Trump was raised in a world where "Greatness" = "American manufacturing". It think that he also recognizes that the country needs a viable route to affluence for people who are moderately skilled and don't want to go into a lifetime of indentured servitude for a college degree. I'd gladly take the tradeoff if I thought that it would come with the good parts of the agenda, but it's obvious by now that it's not happening.

Comment

• GMOs? I'm still trying to convince these people that there are only two genders. Baby steps.
                      It's only a matter of time before Jon, Strangelove and Froot have their way and change all the dictionary definitions of gender. Shameful shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        That Trump has chosen to make his only stand on tariffs instead of the Wall is truly bizarre. Quite unbelievable, really. It's George W. levels of idiocy and ineptitude when he has a few slam dunk winning issues that he can pursue instead.
                        He took a stand on building a wall and it was a monumental failure. There was no feasible way to get any real wall funding, especially by taking a stand. Sabre rattling may excite you and the base but it poisons the field for any type of legislative effort. If you want to make any kind of deal you need to be able to horse trade and more importantly you cannot make what you want so unpalatable to the other side that they would never give an inch. On top of that you have to persuade the public and the wall has never been a winner outside of the MAGA rallies. That is why his stand failed. That's Legislation 101 or Dealmaking 101.

He chooses tariff fights because he doesn't have to negotiate at all. His whole trading stance is foolish and will not amount to much, if it amounts to anything it will be negative. He literally believes when he slaps a tariff on something that the other country is paying the tariff. I'm not sure what slam dunk things he could be doing but doing anything requires negotiations with congress and/or true follow through with a competent staff in the executive branch. Trump nominated Stephen Moore to be on the Fed for goodness sake. The dude has a bunch of interim Secretaries in his cabinet because he can't find suitable replacements that can get confirmed.
                        Last edited by froot loops; May 31, 2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• He didn't take a stand on the wall. There are all kinds of things that he could have done with it that he has done with tariffs and with other issues that people don't give a shit about. His lack of effort at dealing with immigration is the biggest failure of his presidency.

Comment

• Oh he did, you may have been unfamiliar with it. It failed, its hard to see any way it was going to succeed. He is dealing with immigration just not in any way that is constructive. If you want something you have to give something up, its almost impossible when guys on Trump's side in congress don't even want it. They certainly aren't giving up things for Democratic votes when they don't want a wall.

Comment

• Comment

• Trump has more Constitutional power to unilaterally build a wall or at least crack down on immigration than he does to impose tariffs. He certainly has more power to do so than Barack Obama had to unilaterally impose car fuel mileage standards or to spy on Trump based on opposition research.

That we somehow got to a point where the President can unilaterally impose taxes is insane by itself but that didn't start with Trump.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; May 31, 2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X