No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Hmmm ..... you're right. He is now working with the Falcons. In what capacity I don't know but that is a very recent development from what I found on him. The guy at TTB (the link) reported he was with Alabama in a non-coaching role.

Yeah, he didn't kill the Maryland player when he was a coach there but, by most accounts, he probably created the TOXIC MASCULINITY there that you speak of. I think we had this discussion a while back but coming from the Marine Corps background that I come from, the best prep for combat is rigorous training to deal with it and that is using a nice word.

The USMC has dealt with recruit deaths at boot camps before and, not unlike Maryland's response to the death of a football player - determine who was responsible and seek out the guilty MF who can be nailed with the responsibility for said death - the USMC has responded in a similar fashion when a boot camp recruit dies.

Don't get me wrong. Working to avoid the death of a USMC recruit or football player undergoing training is an essential undertaking that is completely doable. There's cost potential for unintended consequences and that is commonly referred to as "pussyfication." It need not happen because, with the proper training of supervisors (coaches and drill sergeants) there are avoidable conditions that should be pursued by supervisors but it's a team effort of checks and balances. At least that's how the Marines have reduced boot camp deaths to zero. Apparently, the investigation at Maryland determined there weren't any of those in place and coaches were acting independently and without proper supervision. That's exactly what the findings were in the last USMC boot camp death were .... some TOXICLY MASCULINE drill sergeants weren't getting properly supervised by officers who knew better.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He was an unpaid observer for a few days at UA. He was never on staff.

As far as the player who died of heatstroke, I don't know that the toxic masculinity charge had anything to do with it. I did read that the medical staff was slow to recognize and treat.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Very few coaches have the clout to associate with a coach that has been through a high profile or controversial firing. Saban does it (Kiffin, Butch Jones, Sark, briefly with Durkin, and a few others). I think UFM could have done it (until CONTROVERSY FOLLOWED HIM in the ZS shit show), Maybe Dabo now. Harbaugh early on. Lincoln Riley perhaps. Maybe one or two others. Not a lot. We have kinda gotten into a THOU SHALT NEVER WORK AGAIN philosophy.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Avenatti would be a natural as a S&C coach. They are all crazy. i see Smollett as a WR coach. Who better to teach how to break containment?

This just in: Saban names Charles Manson as special teams coach. Film at 11.

Comment

• I know all the hight schools have stopped two a days--I think the pro's still do some form

wonder if college are limited to the time they can practice outside--have to be

Comment

• other thing has to be temperature constraints.

does somebody like Michigan get an advantage for cooler weather therefore being able to practice more outsoors while Alabama pays the price for heat indexesa of 110 in august

Comment

• Durkin richly deserved his termination.

Comment

• ...and you richly deserve to have your tiny balls cut off...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• heh
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• This is a few years old (2014) but an interesting article on what being a bag man in the $EC is like. More details than I'd thought of.
                            https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-man-interview

Comment

• Starting the college football season with Miami and Florida is like starting your day with a debate between Talent and Wiz. As the great Jim Cornette would say, this is strictly a heel program.

Comment

• I just turned it off. Awful. Was this the same Dan Mullen coached, Franks QB'd Florida team that bitch-slapped M? I know first game and all that but both teams had 20+ practices before this shit show.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 25, 2019, 07:08 AM.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X