No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminded me of Lantry's kick in 74 against OSU. Sure as hell looked good.

Comment

• Rule is (I believe) that if the kick goes right over the uprights, it's considered good. Doesn't have to be 'inside.'

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
        Reminded me of Lantry's kick in 74 against OSU. Sure as hell looked good.
        It was.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
          Rule is (I believe) that if the kick goes right over the uprights, it's considered good. Doesn't have to be 'inside.'

In college, it has to be between the uprights. The crossbar and uprights are considered a hard line, not a plane. With that in mind, I think it was probably a good call. That said, I saw it from three angles. Two of the looks seemed to show through the uprights (which is no good). One angle gave some doubt.

It's not reviewable, though, which is a shame. Looks like with cameras we have today, and the ability to extend the goal post through computer-generated graphics (which are fairly accurate), it could be a help.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Stan, it's great to share reminiscences of those great Schembechler years. I also thought it was good and was crushed by the call. We deserved that game. 1976 helped ease the pain. We had our hands full with Archie Griffin in that era.

Comment

• Wait...he kicked it over the upright from 56 yards out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                Wait...he kicked it over the upright from 56 yards out?
                38 yards. You can see the ball over the left upright (left from your perspective, that is):

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Need a full replay, still image won't help us at all.

Comment

• The 56 kick was to end the 4th quarter.... Could have won IU the game, but the kick was way off.

The kick in question happened in OT.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      Need a full replay, still image won't help us at all.
                      Go to 1:04

[ame]http://youtu.be/wP8-15YCyfY[/ame]

Comment

• Watched @1/4 speed, @1080p fullscreen; kick was a slight fade, looked good, at worse it might've been right above the right upright as it went over. Why would this not be reviewable? smh

Comment

• I have no dog in the fight. Not a Duke fan or an Indiana fan....It didn't look good to me at all. Looked like it went directly through the imaginary extension of the goalpost. Which in college is no good.

By rule, a kick that crosses above the actual physical goalpost is not reviewable. It is felt that the best perspective is directly below the upright for those, and no camera currently provides that. That said, it would be easy to fix.

Comment

• It is felt that the best perspective is directly below the upright for those, and no camera currently provides that.
                            Camera angles can be deceiving. I really can't see how the guys standing directly below the upright and looking straight up can get it wrong. I think they got it right.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The Big10 (other than Michigan) looks like compete horse shit on the big stage
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I watched M getting fuck up the ass on the biggest stage they played on. But, if you think the Citrus is the "big stage" then, well, you're a M fan.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X